17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 4:05 AM by SitRepPro RSS

Increase "Team Confirmed Kill" points.

superbob

25 is absolutely nothing. As much as I hate campers, someone who is killing people from afar is helping the team by letting people on their team pick up the tags.

It should be 50 (the same as a kill, since you did kill them) for a confirm by teammate.

• Re: Increase "Team Confirmed Kill" points.
    jwaller123

If you want more points for tags...go get them. They probably did it this way so that the game is a bit faster paced. Hence why all the scorestreak kills are only worth 25 points. It is so that the skys are not constantly filled with streaks and it keeps everyone moving a bit more for kills and points.

superbob

Sorry that when I use an LMG I can't run 500 MPH like my SMG using teammate and pick them up. Some guns aren't meant for close range, and they get punished for this.

jwaller123

The way I read your first post about people killing from afar led me to think of sniping, or camping. If you can get away with it, equip lightweight. You will move much quicker and it might help.

Tick7

Some guns aren't meant for close range? Excellent observation.

I would suggest that those guns, that aren't meant for close range, should also be guns not meant for kill confirmed. You know, that game type that involves you killing enemies up close and getting the tags?

You know what works great for kill confirmed?

SMGs, Shotguns, and high fire rate ARs.

Why?

Because they are good close quarters weapons.

Hope you just had the eureka moment you clearly need to have

superbob

When a gun sucks for a certain game mode, there is something wrong with the game. The only thing that should dictate gun choice should be the map and how it plays.

Tick7

So the type of load-out you use, from guns to equipment, shouldn't matter to the game type you are playing?

Is that seriously what you are saying? About a Call of Duty game? How long have you been playing Cod..?

I think I'm beginning to understand why you're having a hard time with kill confirmed. That's just about the most ludicrous thing I've heard on here in a long time.

jwaller123

Tick7 wrote:

So the type of load-out you use, from guns to equipment, shouldn't matter to the game type you are playing?

Is that seriously what you are saying? About a Call of Duty game? How long have you been playing Cod..?

I think I'm beginning to understand why you're having a hard time with kill confirmed. That's just about the most ludicrous thing I've heard on here in a long time.

Not all perks and weapons will work perfectly in every game mode. Each weapon and perk has it's place. Running and gunning with an LMG is not going to work as well as if you had an SMG. Each weapon and perk has a role.

asianman12

superbob wrote:

Sorry that when I use an LMG I can't run 500 MPH like my SMG using teammate and pick them up. Some guns aren't meant for close range, and they get punished for this.

Oh stop crying.  If I can run the MK48 in KC and still come out on top, so can you.  Get better with using LMGs or just use faster mobility weapons. 

SitRepPro

It's numerically designed this way to stop what happens in MW3 where people refuse to collect tags so they can abusive the objective.

Tick7

When you play domination, in order to get points for playing the objective, you have to hop onto and play by the flags.

When you play Cap the Flag, in order to get points for playing the objective, you have to grab and defend flags.

You play kill confirmed, in order to get points playing the objective, you have to grab tags.

If you don't hop onto flags, or capture flags, or pick up tags, you are not playing the objective.

As a result, you should not (and aren't) rewarded as such.

It's not hard.

If you want more points playing kill confirmed, play the objective. If you want to leave tags all over the map for your teammates, then don't play the objective. Just stop moaning because you can't and shouldn't have it both ways.

superbob

That is the thing I hate about the PTFO people. Suicide dolphin diving onto B is dumb. You should kill your way to the objective and then complete it once it is clear.

People who go 1-30 with 7 captures are less useful than someone going 30-1 with 0 captures but killing people need the objective.

Tick7

PTFO doesn't mean blindly hop onto objectives with blatant disregard for anything other than points.

If you dolphin dive onto B blindly you deserve to die. There are ways around it, like you said - clear out the area, setup riot shields or smoke or stationary streaks like the sentry gun, etc. That's all objective play, and you get rewarded for it (kills on the flag, capping the flag, etc), and you get rewarded for that with points.

In kill confirmed though, the objective isn't flags but tags. In order to collect tags you know you are going to be in close proximity to the other team, so why handicap yourself by using a weapon that isn't designed for close quarters play?

If you are a long-range player, there's nothing wrong with that. There's still a place for you in kill confirmed, just don't expect to get tags. That's cool, because a lot of people play the objective in KC.

It's equivalent to Search and Destroy. I find that in order to be successful at Search, you have to be a little more tactical and less impulsive and quick. That sort of play doesn't suit me. As a result, Search isn't really my thing and I generally stay away from it.

If KC, and the successful playing of close quarters isn't your thing, then do what I do with Search and try finding something else.

superbob

And there is times where I turn the corner, see 4 people, down them all, teammate runs through blindy and steals all the tags while I am stationary making sure I kill them all.

SitRepPro

That's just people being greedy for the most part.  If I see a teammate winning an engagement and the tags are nearby I don't collect them.  If it appears the tags may not be a teammate's kill then I grab them.  Better than an enemy getting them.  And me grabbing other people's tags just means only 25XP while they'd get more so it's counterproductive for me to steal teammate's tags.

What you could try is using any SMG you're comfortable with and run Lightweight, Extreme Conditioning and Adjustable Stock to help reduce players dolphin diving for tags right in front of you.

superbob

I do the same, but this is the CoD community you are talking about. People like me and you are the minority.

And I know, blah blah blah, use SMG. I get bored of using them (I already have diamond for them). I like to use all sorts of weapons (except snipers, I would rather remove my testicales) and when I use slower/longer range weaponry I suffer. I don't ignore the tags, but I just get to them slower.

SitRepPro

superbob wrote:

I do the same, but this is the CoD community you are talking about. People like me and you are the minority.

And I know, blah blah blah, use SMG. I get bored of using them (I already have diamond for them). I like to use all sorts of weapons (except snipers, I would rather remove my testicales) and when I use slower/longer range weaponry I suffer. I don't ignore the tags, but I just get to them slower.

Yeah I'm just hoping that the DLC has maps that have more long lines of sight, which is why I never bothered with the season pass.  I gave up on the LMGs until I basically decide to play Demolition so I can bullet hose groupies going towards a bomb site.  In MW3 I could be more flexible in using an LMG across more game types in more maps.  For all the criticisms that MW3 had it had some redeeming qualities of which LMG usage (granted they were buffed but better than nothing) was in the game.

It's a shame that the smaller maps are favoured too often: Shipment on COD4, Dome on WaW, maybe Rust on MW2, Nuketown on BO1, Dome on MW3 and Hijacked on BO2.

banned-again

I use a lmg setup and even with lightweight on you are still a lot slower than any other gun class so killing someone and running after the tag is not advisable specially with the slow ads time because 9 / 10 you will end up dead before you even get close to the tag this is one of the reason I don't play k/c 25 points for your team mate confirming the kill is joke.