41 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 2:52 PM by ChestSplittah RSS

Has everyone at 3arc gone MIA ?

Dush_Bag

It is disappointing that 3arc is not communicating with the community, where are the patches ? does 3arc admit there are issues with lag comp? master prestige glitches (not so bothered about this...doesn't matter what prestige they still suck)

so many people are complaining about the lag comp issues for almost 2 months....im yet to see any updates or admissions (at least) from 3arc.

Im sure they will come out of the shell soon when the dlc's are ready to be sold...but what about the problems we have been having since day 1...

very dissapointed...

• Re: Has everyone at 3arc gone MIA ?
    sennalike

According to the Message of the Day they are busy working on DLC.  [shakes head in sheer disbelief]

ChestSplittah

sennalike wrote:

According to the Message of the Day they are busy working on DLC.  [shakes head in sheer disbelief]

Aww.. you should've known that they would only be working on DLC at this point. Darth Vahn stated he has seen no problem with lag, 3 bar vs. 4 bar issues. I guarantee that they'll pop out of nowhere right before DLC release that they are going to do some kind of network performance enhancements.

zvers

"Hello, you have reached the offices of Treyarch, we are currently on Holiday in the Caribbean. We will return your calls the moment we.....wait, why would we go back?!?!"

LMAO

Eye_Gore

Not to defend anyone. You all have to realize that if they are to do some sort of punishment to people, say like the prestige glitch. This is a massive undertaking. First you need to identify who did it, then you have to weigh in on do you perma ban them or temp ban them. They may never be able to figure out who actually did it.

Perma ban, they lose potential cutomers for DLC sales, and its probably alot of people that did this. Albeit probably mostly children, who really shouldn't be playing the game, but thats a different argument.  I'm sure there are hundreds of reports hourly. That requires some serious manhours to investigate in. Must be patient. I'm sure they are going to do something, just what that is, well only they know, but on the other hand they may not have come up with a solution yet.

People, including myself have had issues with lag comp since MW3. Unless they get rid of it like how it was in MW2 or BO, it will always have issues.

Agreed that it takes time, but if they had actually bothered doing something when it first emerged like the previous COD team did, they wouldn't be in this mess.

Not to be-little the challenge they are facing but 2 points;

1. The lack of communication that they recognize an issue is in-excusable.

2. The sheer fact that there are SO many exploits, hacks and glitches clearly shows this game wasn't tested very well. How do you put out a multi-player game without a beta test online? Local LAN testing is not the same.

Blame a program director who has no clue what he's doing and isn't qualified for the job for that one.

greenfox394

I wish they would simply go back to disc banning.  Put a message right when you log in that if you hack or exploit glitches that your disc will be banned and that's that.  As long as they follow through, it will never get out of control!

The people who were banned will then have to go out and re-buy the game if they want to play online.  Which means they won't be hacking the game again....Not exactly a win-win considering these people might not rebuy the game or map-packs.  However, this game is currently garbage due to the fact that they are doing nothing to improve/fix the game.

dead4ever_uk

they know the games broken so they decided to leave it broken so they can con us customers out of dlc and ****

Disiple73

unfortuntly i would say boycot the game. but most of us have bought it so they have there money for the game.  those that payed for the season pass well the got you all by the balls.... but for those that havent gotten the season pass i would thing Boy cotting there DLC's and the next game they pull will be a good way to get a point across but you would need the communty to stand up and say something not one or two people.

They are not MIA. As stated in thge message of the day, they work on new DLC to get more money from players, instead of just fixing the existing bugs first.

hyper72

Mw3 saved me £30 in DLC because of lag comp.....Looks like blackflops2 will also save me money because of lag comp.......cheers activision and treyarch for the savings.....and not listening to the community....

06kev12

Yeah, I will not be buying the DLC. This game is so buggy and laggy it isn't funny. It reminds me of an old nintendo game. When there was too much going on at one time, the games would slow down and lag. I get short freezes for no reason. If I don't pick BEST for the matchmaking, I'm a half second behind. SMGs are like laser beams across maps. Same goes for handguns. Master prestige glitchers are all over the place and reporting people does nothing.

And yes, that "Message of the day" is garbage. Hey go get those diamond camos and buy our DLC.

Dush_Bag

I'm sure 3arc are busy with things, but how hard is it to acknowledge that there is a problem with the netcode ?

people say MW3 had the same problem...but i dont think it was nearly as bad. Yes there were magic bulltes that had the ability to go around corners....BUT it dint take one whole extended mag just to get an assist...(I have over 120k kills in MW3)

what happnd to the netcode that was used in MW2 ? it had everything working the way it should (talking about netcode only, not about oma tubers, hackers etc)

3Arc should at least admit that there is a problem...they owe us that much at least.

flameweilder8

How about they fix their broken game, so none of this would have happened in the first place?

BukLau101

Been over a month since 1.04, very disapointing Treyarch however at the same time this is no real surprise.

sstang1

Treyarch really could use a Community Manager/PR person to tell people whats going on - its not really Vahn's job.

I have a wii u and we are the same as you guys on ps3 and pc!! they dont care about us everything is about Xbox! the only time you will hear from treyarch is when they want more money through DLC! for a company who have taking $billion from sales the customer service would be classed here in the UK appalling!!!

We asked foxhound for a simple post stating what patches are due i.e games amendements and then another when a patch is released just like they did on blops 1! that fell on deaf ears! I guess they have realised that with all the issues that there is just too much to fix on this broken game( in fact i'm waiting for this web site to kick me out just like the game randomly does on wiiu and ps3!

Shame on treyarch and activision! they have seen a decline in buyers already on this game to previous titles, I think if they continue this shoddy service a providing a beta at launch their golden child of a game will go to the wall, well apart from those muppets who will buy this game even if it warned of killing your console!! feel for you guys in ps3 as much as pc, at least at wii u we have no hacking (yet)

sdredger

they are too busy rolling around in all the money they have already made of us, and having a good laugh at the guys who are gonna spend even more money on DLC of a BROKEN game.

its not difficult to release a statement, its just that they dont care.

and why should they? we have already made them all rich

h1r0l3r

We all bought into the hype for this game hook, line and sinker. As such, now that they've gotten their sales numbers, they can take their sweet old time in fixing the game. But, it seems that their priorities are solely focused on the DLC. Pretty much the same thing with MW3. Bunch of lag, OP weapons, shitty spawns. What'd they do about that? Promote the hell out of the new DLC maps and gamemodes. Seems 3arc is taking that same route. It almost seems as if 3arc's ability to correct the issues in the game is going to based off how many DLC packs will be purchased. If lots of people buy it, then they might fix the issues with the game. If not, hey, they already have our money so why bother making any more effort on fixing the game. Hell, they're probably working on BO3 at this point and just said screw it with BO2.

dalger22

I have not noticed any of this "lag comp" that people have been complaining about.  I actually haven't noticed much lag, if any and I've been playing since release night. I don't have many complaints about this game.  I've had my PS3 freeze a few times.....and I simply press the eject button, it restarts and I continue on.  I honestly haven't noticed all of these problems people seem to be complaining about, other than the prestige glitchers.

Edit: There is one thing that is annoying the hell out of me...the threater is so messed up right now.  Most games don't record and those that do, are only partial games.  Should really get that fixed.

Dush_Bag

I think its very rare that people dont notice any lag comp ingame, to me when I die the kill cam looks like something random that never happnd...it looks like i was just looking at someone without doing anything...im sure u guys have noticed that host migrations are a big issue in this game than any of the other cods, guess why that is ? Bcos most times the host or the gamers with good connection to the host (good ping) gets embarassed by players with 3 bars...

greenfox394

He is most likely always the host....I've noticed that if you can get host in any COD game you can often times destroy anyone and everyone.  This game isn't like MW3 where you get host and then you can easily go 30-1, but it will make your first bullets get hit marks. 

just think they put out a season pass for all the DLC even before the made them. I wonder why they did this.

O wait because they knew what was wrong with the game didn't have enough time to fix it before release date.

so they said F*** it lets put the game out sell a season pass right away before people find out how bad the game is F***ed Never fix it

Make 4 DLC, Put our ear plugs in and roll in our millions.

Thank lord I didn't buy the season pass right away I feel bad for people that paid for it and then are having problems playing with the game even before the DLC come out.

Just a message stating that they will at least acknowledge that so many people have been aggrieved by the current game and that they will investigate will appease many I'm sure.

I just don't get what they are thinking not having any official statement about the myriad complaints of lag comp/matchmaking.

DALGER22 - I have the same experience as you but that does not mean all the millions of complainers are lying.

Re: Prestige Glitchers: Who cares? They are fake. They know that and so do we.

Yakfu26

Is the XBOX not having the same problems as the PS3 & PC? to me that's a RED flag! I've always felt like for whatever reason 3ARCH can give a **** about the PS3 & PC version of the game. if this was a really big problem on the XBOX its would be fix almost immediately. IW in my opinion treats all the Platforms the same and shows little bias.. Hacking has been a problem and will be a problem.. their should be a 3 strike policy, not per game but per offence, most of the people who have hacked the game have done it in the past and will do it again, and a 3 strike policy will make poetical new hacker think about it a little more.. 3 strikes and you get a permit ban..its hurts me to say it but i think we have never been closer to making the PS3 online a paid subscription.. i know that sounds like blasphemy, coming from a PS3 user, but i think it may solve a lot of our problems.. most hackers on the PS3 don't care if one account gets banned because they can create a new one for free.. that's not the case on the XBOX.. new accounts cost money! new subscription cost money!! most hacking ass holes are young and making them pay for a new account and canceling their subscription could help weed out most of the problems we have.. and hopefully make online gaming better for the PS3 users.. For 3ARCH to wait for the DLC to come out is very irresponsible regardless of what platform the game is played on.. they should have known the day the game was released it would be attacked by hackers and should have placed more security in the game to prevent this problem..  

xXKingKongxX

I suspect there will be a patch 1.05 just before the DLC drops for Xbox. Question will be, what will it contain and when will PS3 get it. Previous titles have had a patch drop just before DLC..

Dush_Bag

im sure they will put a patch before DLC, but if it will fix any lag issues is yet to be seen....(according to 3arc there are NO lag issues) This is what happens when they dont do a beta release...why cant they put like 1 map with couple fo guns for a beta ? anyway im still hoping they would come through and fix these issues....fingers crossed...

Raketti

There was a hotfix just now, no idea what that was for though, as usual.