23 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2013 9:04 PM by ShaneDog RSS

I'm honestly curious on how some of these Ideas made it into the game

Paddi

Every year, in every single CoD theres been some things that made it into the game, that honesly shouldn't.

I'm not going to list things form past games, but I'm assuming you guys know what I mean.

In this game, I feel like they put things in just for the sake of putting things in.

Heres a list of things that (I beleive) should have never made it into the final release of Black Ops 2

The Target Finder - This is basically like an Aim bot.  It outlines people who don't have/use "Cold Blooded" when you ADS, not to mention it takes all the recoil off of the gun.

Laser Sight - There shouldn't be anything in this game that tells people that it's "Okay" to hipfire.  I can see spraying in a time of panic, but when people are literally waking around doing nothing but hipfiring because of this attachment, it's worse than it was in MW3

Double Equipment - I can see this being a good idea if scavenger didn't replenish lethals (Betties/Clays/C4).  I see way to many people running Double Betty double shock and just post up.  I understand it's easy to avoid betties, and tactical mask prevents shock charges, but not everyone has classes with the perk.

Shock Charges - Shouldn't be a tactical, they should be a lethal. And JUST LIKE SMOKE - should be limited to 1. So many people go Betty+Shock Charge combo which is extremely hard to get through without specific perks.

Emp  Grenades - They last way to long, not to mention hit you through walls, and you increased the duration of them.  Theres so much equipment use in this game, that everyone feels they're needed, and that's why they are so spammed.

Free Fire Launchers - These are just for trolling now. Since you can get camos on your secondary, people think it's funny to run around and do nothing but use SMAWs and RPGs.  Despite people using these for Actual Uses, theres people who just run around and use them as a Greif Tool.

Extra EXP with Launchers - See above. If you were to pull a 20 Kill game, youw ould have gotten 2x the EXP from kills alone.  This gives people a further reason to troll, since it's free EXP.

Diamond Camos - Why try to 1 up gold?  The Black Ops Camo system was great.  I never liked the idea of being able to get Gold Camos before Max Prestige.  For the past 2 releases, theres been no real incentive outside of Create a Class to presitge at all.

Dogs - It's 2025, no one would be using dogs for war at this point, when you have self controlled ai streaks.

RC-XD - We have AGRs, this was, and continues to be nothing but another greif tool.

Assault Shield - The concept of this is fine, but the addition of being able to throw it to the ground, makes it an annoying mobile Headglitch.

Executioner - Is probabaly the mose useless gun ever put into any CoD game, unless you are down the players throat.  Not to mention, no military in the world uses "Shotgun Pistols" (atleast none that I could find.)

Probation System - Even though I find Dashboarding extremely stupid... With the Extremely Laggy and Connection Based lobbies, we shouldn't get penalized for leaving.

Losses for Host Dashboarding - We shouldn't get losses when the Host Dashboards out of a game. The amount of people who dashboard is high, and some people do it just to purosley give people a free loss.

The list will most likely grow a little bit, but I don't understand the concept behind some of these ideas.

Edited for Grammar.

• Re: I'm honestly curious on how some of these Ideas made it into the game
    nicedrewishfela

So, basically you don't want them to innovate at all?

Target Finder- Easily overcome by flanking the user. User has tunnel vision.

Laser Sight- I am not a fan of this myself, I think it needs to be tweaked, but is very helpful on some of the ARs that are weak in CQB. Overused, not necessarily OP.

Double Equipment... remember they have to give up spaces to do this. Double equipment =Doubly Easy to find the campers. You say you know they can be countered but don't have a class... so set up a class to counter them.

Shock Charges- Definitely a tactical as they don't kill, but distract.

EMP Grenades- The counter to those Double Equipments you seem to hate so much. The most useful tool in the game by far.

Free Fire Launchers- there is one, two if you count the Single fire SMAW. They are weaker than ever and they actually tail off at range.

Diamond Camos- I like this idea. It is encouraging people to use the various weapons and not just Gold out their favs and then stop. Its nice having things to work for and challenge yourself with.

Dogs- You seriously don't think they will be around in 2025? We have numerous dogs in service in our military. Plus, they are kind of 3Arc's signature killstreak.

RC-XD- Just fun for people to use, and again easy to overcome.

Executioner- not a great gun, but have seen people have success with it. Not every gun can be easy mode.

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game.

deamonomic

nicedrewishfela wrote:

So, basically you don't want them to innovate at all?

Target Finder- Easily overcome by flanking the user. User has tunnel vision.

Laser Sight- I am not a fan of this myself, I think it needs to be tweaked, but is very helpful on some of the ARs that are weak in CQB. Overused, not necessarily OP.

Double Equipment... remember they have to give up spaces to do this. Double equipment =Doubly Easy to find the campers. You say you know they can be countered but don't have a class... so set up a class to counter them.

Shock Charges- Definitely a tactical as they don't kill, but distract.

EMP Grenades- The counter to those Double Equipments you seem to hate so much. The most useful tool in the game by far.

Free Fire Launchers- there is one, two if you count the Single fire SMAW. They are weaker than ever and they actually tail off at range.

Diamond Camos- I like this idea. It is encouraging people to use the various weapons and not just Gold out their favs and then stop. Its nice having things to work for and challenge yourself with.

Dogs- You seriously don't think they will be around in 2025? We have numerous dogs in service in our military. Plus, they are kind of 3Arc's signature killstreak.

RC-XD- Just fun for people to use, and again easy to overcome.

Executioner- not a great gun, but have seen people have success with it. Not every gun can be easy mode.

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game.

what he said

Jollyjugs77

i agree with 2 things rc and dogs im sick of the same KS in every cod, they could have done more futuristic things considering it is in 2025, no saing that is far away, but they could have used more imagination

parnezzi

dogs are used by military police to find drugs, their hardly used for anything other than that because military bases hardly are under that much of a threat to warrent the use of dogs.

their no longer used as a tool in war due to the fact we would just waste time and money to train them to attack the enemy and maybe get 1 person before they die, in real life dogs can't lunge at you from 10 feet away and kill you when they touch you.

jasonroloff

I think the TF needs a tweak to it, either increase gun recoil when using it or when looking through it mini map is no longer visible.

Laser sight is fine in my opinion, I don't use it because hip firing in this game is too easy as it is.

As for your equipment/lethal complaint, try the Engineer perk. It's great, I use it on almost every class. If you use the EMP grenade that you also dislike with Engineer, you can destroy all that equipment you dislike AND get a ton of points for it.

Launchers haven't really bothered me at all. I couldn't even tell you if grenade launchers are in the game. I never see them.

What's wrong with a camo higher than gold? As for incentive to reach full prestige... I think this game has the most incentive to keep prestiging.

ShaneDog

Paddi wrote:

The Target Finder - This is basically like an Aim bot.  It outlines people who don't "Cold Blooded" when you ADS, not to mention it takes all the recoil off of the gun.

It is nothing like an aim bot because aim bots automatically aim for you. If they have you ADS near the cross hair you are dead anyways if you have not shot at him anyways. Even if they were using an ACOG. It greatly reduces their vision around the sides and gives the user tunnel vision. Grips take recoil off guns too I guess they were a bad idea.

Laser Sight - There shouldn't be anything in this game that tells people that it's "Okay" to hipfire.  I can see spraying in a time of panic, but when people are literally waking around doing nothing but hipfiring because of this attachment, it's worse than it was in MW3

Oh noes not a laser dot! I don't use those because it is a wasted attachment. I use a dot on my TV instead. If hipfiring is so awful then surely you have no problem ADSing on people and killing them 1st when they are 2ft from you right? I have been hipfiring in CQC since I have been playing COD series. Since COD 4. Besides if you had an automatic weapon in RL and a guy was 3-5ft from you would you really waste your time to bring the sight up to your face before firing if he had a gun too?

Double Equipment - I can see this being a good idea if scavenger didn't replenish lethals (Betties/Clays/C4).  I see way to many people running Double Betty double shock and just post up.  I understand it's easy to avoid betties, and tactical mask prevents shock charges, but not everyone has classes with the perk.

Wow your right!!! Nothing can counter that super camper OP tactic! I mean it is not like you can switch to an engineer emp class and get a free 50 points pr his equip. for your scorestreeaks by destroying all his leet equip from OUTSIDE his camping spot.

Shock Charges - Shouldn't be a tactical, they should be a lethal. And JUST LIKE SMOKE - should be limited to 1. So many people go Betty+Shock Charge combo which is extremely hard to get through without specific perks.

Yeah your right because one shock charge is lethal when it hits someone.

Emp  Grenades - They last way to long, not to mention hit you through walls, and you increased the duration of them.  Theres so much equipment use in this game, that everyone feels they're needed, and that's why they are so spammed.

Whoa dude! Your right! Too bad there is not a perk like hardwired to counter those mean EMP grenades that disable my red dots n stuff. Oh wait I forgot I have a dot on my TV...

Free Fire Launchers - These are just for trolling now. Since you can get camos on your secondary, people think it's funny to run around and do nothing but use Swas and RPGs.  Nothing but a Greif tool.

You are right! They fire so much faster than guns and are way more accurate too! That is all I see every match is everyone on both sides using missle launchers sniping people from across the map!

Extra EXP with Launchers - See above. If you were to pull a 20 Kill game, youw ould have gotten 2x the EXP from kills alone.  This gives people a further reason to troll, since it's free EXP.

Same as above.

Diamond Camos - Why try to 1 up gold?  The Black Ops Camo system was great.  I never liked the idea of being able to get Gold Camos before Max Prestige.  For the past 2 releases, theres been no real incentive outside of Create a Class to presitge at all.

Yeah your right man. Like why try to find innovative ways to get people to use all the guns more? Or why try to find innovative ways to get the scrubs noob to prestige cuz they are scaredy cats and wanna stay in their little comfort zones?

Dogs - It's 2025, no one would be using dogs for war at this point, when you have self controlled ai streaks.

Yeah because AGRs and Dragonfires can smell and hear where the enemy is at.

RC-XD - We have AGRs, this was, and continues to be nothing but another greif tool.

Yeah those stupid griefing RCXDs are bulletproof and move so fast I can't shoot em using 1 sensitivity with my sniper rifle ADS

Executioner - Is probabaly the mose useless gun ever put into any CoD game, unless you are down the players throat.  Not to mention, no military in the world uses "Shotgun Pistols" (atleast none that I could find.)

The list will most likely grow a little bit, but I don't understand the concept behind some of these ideas.

Hopefully you could sense the sarcasim. I disagree with everything but the Executioner it sucks and they should have put in the version that actually fires bullets or at least an attachment that makes it do so.

I would not be surprised if police and military continue to use K9 units in the year 3000. They are cheaper than robots and can do things a robot can't. They were even used during the Osama BinLaden compound raid.

You just need to get better at the game is all.

OP i Feel you on almost all off these points!! im def for having a more basic game that requires skill rather than using some "noob" thing put into this game for the 10 yr olds...

TF = new baby monitor!!

Laser sight = stupid stupid idea. not only does it increase hipfire but it also guides it?? now you need no skill to aim and get kills.

2x epuiptment ok... but the fact that scavange replenishes it... BAD BAD (can u say one man army??)

Shock Charge = i like. I use them like stuns and as a trickshot. I dont use BB either

EMP = radiaus is a bit big but dont mind them too much.

Rockets = always been around

Diamond = overrated but kinda helps get players to use all guns...

Dogs = i see your point about unlikely but its 3archs killstreak

RCXD = dont mind.

Shield = kinda a good idea but its way too good as a headglitch. Should be able to be destoyed easier/show more of the guy standing behind it!

Executioner = i wish more pistols were like this one aka weak

Probation = i leave all the time bc of lag and never get it. just dont dash

Lose for Dash = whatever W/L doesnt really matter. but for some ppl i see how it can be annoying.  (just like joining games with 30 seconds left and for sure going to lose)

Yes i understand everything in this game has some kind of counter but to be able to counter all the ridiculous things in this game i would have to have 20 Custom Classes. i basically need every perk to be able to counter every possible thing in this game. what counters the shield glitching lmg with TF and BB/SC camping in a corner with Tacmask and F Jacket?? and yes i have see someone use that exact setup on multiple occasions.

I would love a game that actually was based on shooting again.

SitRepPro

Only issue with EMP grenades is that it works against players giving a free concussion grenade effect and not just against equipment.  That's it.  It works through walls?  So what.  You can wallbang with SMGs and ARs so I don't see an issue with EMP grenades working through walls.

I don't really understand why everybody dislikes the executioner it has it uses (1 shot kill at point blank range) and in most CBQ situations you can usually get the kill (using akimbo). The executioner is fun due to its difficulty it's my second most used weapon (only to the fal) with 983 kills and .98 K/D