9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2013 6:11 AM by jimmymccloud RSS

Chicom

monkeylord

They may be the easiest to get diamond but I don't love my diamond Chicom any less

Setup with ext. mag, select fire and grip it's become my goto gun when the round goes to pot.

• Re: Chicom
    Izjar11

Good vid,

I personally cannot find a way to use the chicom to my style...

IndistinctSlayer

Easiest to get diamond? Please give me your tips. I can't do good with this weapon at all.

monkeylord

IndistinctSlayer wrote:

Easiest to get diamond? Please give me your tips. I can't do good with this weapon at all.

Hijacked on the mode KC is a good place to earn the blood thirsty medals if you can survive in the centre area long enough about 7-8 times a round the enemy will mass spawn at the back end of the ship and funnel towards you.

So if you pick off the people on the hottub side then hustle through the front door of the galley by the time you pop out the back there's a couple more victims spawning in from there it's 50-50 on whether you catch them on the back foot normally they are focused on the revenge kill and picking up their tags so they head hottub side.

You can shift the odds in your favour by perching up on the balcony over looking the spawn and dropping down behind them but thats kind've like shooting fish in a barrel.

Slums and Standoff are other good maps as it's easy to herd the enemy where you need them. The only real issue I found with the Chicom is in the heat of taking on multiple enemy in a laggy lobby it's standard burst fire can empty it way to fast so the controll select fire gives you is worth the slight loss of fire speed.

new023

Grip is useless in this game. It has little to no effect on most weapons. Don't believe? Go to youtube and search "In Depth Grip Attatchment" by Drift0r!

monkeylord

new023 wrote:

Grip is useless in this game. It has little to no effect on most weapons. Don't believe? Go to youtube and search "In Depth Grip Attatchment" by Drift0r!

~shrug~ I may be coming out with a sacrilegious statement but clearly this dude has drawn the wrong conclusion and their own clip shows it.

Jump to 5:30 with the Chicom and the now obligatory wallshots and look at the groupings without grip on out of the 11 shots fired only about 5 are grouped in a desirable way whilst the other 6 shots are all over the place going wide to the left and look more like a shotgun pattern so thats over 50% of shots fired off target and for thoese of us who deal with lag thats a massive margin of error and will get you killed.

Now look at the side with grip, out of the what looks like 22 shots 17 are grouped together and most at stomach/chest hight with the rest going up towards the head.

This clip clearly shows without grip the guns jerk to the left and right pulling off the groupings whilst with grip the gun pulls up keeping the groupings tight and going towards the head. The same hold true for all of the "wallshots" at the end of the clip.

Given what was shown the only downside to grip is when it comes to dealing with dropshotters.

~meh~ Call me crazy but I prefer my rounds fired to be grouped tight together.

Out

Good Video

I have just Picked the the Chicom .......and it is growing very slowly on me......my kills are coming back up but are still 25% under a normal game....and my deaths are 25% higher ......

The weapon is strong and it seems it may be stonger than the stats say it is ......... i am just retraining my old fingers to keep bumping the trigger if i miss with the first burst

I may like it more as i get used to it .........but for now i am looking foward to completing the challenges and putting it back in the gun cabinet  LOL

TRU11

chicom needs to get used to because well you rarely see a burst SMG.

but i agree.

weapon is legit and 2 quick taps is all you need to kill someone.

its excellent with hip fire but when you aim it you will see how lethal it can be.

extendend clip and select fire = angry opponent.

i love it  with silencer though.

its my 2nd smg behind scorpion.

ive just got diamond camo on the ar's and ive now gone onto smg's, and im doing this gun first cause its burst fire and im getting it out the way. i get killed a lot with it, going against most other guns, but ive found it real easy to get headshots with, i was getting like 5 a game on tdm, with the reflex sight sight on, up to now im verging on 60 headshots and i haven't prestiged it once yet and ive not got select fire either. cant wait to get it out the done and use some fully auto smgs