9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2013 6:49 AM by SitRepPro RSS

The camo grind...

Community1234

I've never understood it.  I probably never will.

Until they release a final camo that actually looks good, I will never find myself grinding for these.

Let's be honest.  The gold camo is ugly.  The diamond is even worse.  It looks like someone stuck rhinestones all over a shiny toy gun.  It doesn't appeal to me.

Furthermore, when I get killed and actually watch the killcam, I don't see the diamond camo and think, "Awesome.  That guy must be good."  Instead, I think, "He must be happy that camo grind is over."

I personally think the Blue, Red and the colorful (I think it's the 3rd to last...?) camos are the best looking.  A blue MSMC just looks good.  A diamond MSMC looks like a toy.

I also thought the gold camos looked better in MW3 than they do in BO2.  They're too shiny.

I'd love to see a new camo.  Maybe white, or platinum.  Something new.  Maybe something customizable?  That'd be worth it to me, at least.

• Re: The camo grind...

Customizable camo would be a fantastic feature.

Tekwar

Customizable camo you say? I have a bad feeling that we'd see "**** camo" and "Dong camo" within five minutes...- oh you mean just the colors that match. If thats the case then yeah, that could work.

DaddyTinman

Picking one you like is seperate from grinding for camo unlocks.  I go for the camo unlocks to get the weapon to its highest level.  Along the way, I stop at Art of War.  I play to play and enjoy the dashing red against black of the Art of War.

yeah , it just gives people something to do and aim for.. the diamond is okay, would rather have platinum if i could

Razed88

I agree... when I see people with diamond AR's I just imagine they are relieved. It took me long enough to get Gold on 1 AR. I can't imagine grinding all of them to Gold!

I try to Prestige my weapons and I just use the Blue/Bloodshot camo as they are unlocked along the way. I find the no perks/attachments parts quite easy too so I will sometimes do that but I will only use the Cherry Blossom camo because I find it quite an ironic one .

I like the gold camo on some guns, guns that have very little camo parts showing, like the SVU-AS

Just a touch of gold here or there is nice, but personally I like the blue tiger and the cherry blossom.

I'm getting close to max level and thinking of prestiging. I can't figure out if you loose all the camos or not, but I'm deffinatly not doing the camo grind for my svu again DX

SitRepPro

TwinkleTwilight wrote:

I like the gold camo on some guns, guns that have very little camo parts showing, like the SVU-AS

Just a touch of gold here or there is nice, but personally I like the blue tiger and the cherry blossom.

I'm getting close to max level and thinking of prestiging. I can't figure out if you loose all the camos or not, but I'm deffinatly not doing the camo grind for my svu again DX

Camo progress continues upon prestigeing a weapon.  None of this hamster wheel nonsense in this game.  You just have to reunlock the attachments so really it depends how much you want Dual Band.

mike\

Completionists. For active players, Master Prestige will only take around 1.5-2 months. This gives them something else to do while grinding out those Calling Card unlocks.

r8edtripx

Some guns do look good in diamond, but some really do look ugly. I'm only going for the SMG diamond camo; not too bad a grind.