1 2 3 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 8:46 AM by Yunck RSS

If you say that this game is balanced, then....

hAzeSVK

...why is top weapon to 70% of BO2 players MSMC or PDW-57 ? Or any other SMG? I rarely see someone who hasn't got top weapon SMG...They are just too fu**in easy to use...

• 1. Re: If you say that this game is balanced, then....
    dweez1988

They are indeed the easy to use weapons and because of most map layouts there good to go with.

I would like to see some changes in these weapons. Give theme more hipfire spread and recoil because of the high fire rate.

The only SMG is use is the vector, more because it reminds me of MW2

I would'nt say the smg's are extremely OP but they are indeed over used because of them being easy to use.

• 2. Re: If you say that this game is balanced, then....
    SitRepPro

Because the maps support CQC like 80% of total area?  How many people you see use LMGs the way they're intended and not as heavy assault rifles?  The mobility issue will be a factor too.

• 3. Re: If you say that this game is balanced, then....
    hAzeSVK

That brings me to another point, LMG's and Assualt Rifles.....I was killed like 10x with an LMG in this game, and I have like 5 days played....I have also diamond assualt rifles, never saw anyone having diamond assualt rifle, but diamond smgs? every game.

• 4. Re: If you say that this game is balanced, then....
    SitRepPro

Yeah I've hardly been killed by LMGs and if I am it's the QBB, which is a level 4 unlock and it's drum fed so the reload times are quicker than belt fed ones.  The damage increase of a round from an LMG to a bullet from an AR really isn't much.  LMGs kinda need Primary Gunfighter to be competitive in this game depending on your game type, if you're soloing or in a party, and they don't have fast mags attachment so I think 3arc went kinda overboard worrying that LMGs could be overpowered.  Even when they were buffed in MW3 they never dominated the maps because people don't want to sacrifice mobility.

I used to play TDM and I found areas of the map to lock down very limited as access to chokepoints was limited to shorter engagements, like on Raid nearly everyone goes to the middle at the beginning of the match.  Got fed up with having a low SPM so I've gone to SMGs in the mean time.  I should play Demolition or Domination though.

I could use LMGs either to 'run and gun' or lock down areas for suppressive fire on most maps in TDM on MW3 but here it's not worth it because I won't get many kills.

• 5. Re: If you say that this game is balanced, then....
    Baylorballs

depends on your play style, but  just about every gun is useful.  I use the SAT  lmg  and do pretty well with it! you just  can;t be running around as much  as w/ SMG. 

the game obviously set up against campers  w/ ghost  changes along w/ not portable radar, so moving fast is pretty important so makes sense to use SMGs a lot.

mp 7   is pretty sick too

• 6. Re: If you say that this game is balanced, then....
    UncleFizer

Nice random 70% stat lol.

• 7. Re: If you say that this game is balanced, then....
    MK-47

If you think they are easy to use then use it.dont complain.

• 8. Re: If you say that this game is balanced, then....

I'll admit, I'm best when I'm running with an SMG, but I prefer the challenge of using the other weapons. I have SMGs, Shotguns, Snipers, and LMGs all diamond. It's hard work, but it is a lot of fun. I'm not going to use something because it is easy. I could easily beat 8 year olds in basketball every single time, but there is no challenge there... no fun. It becomes boring.

That's just the way I play though. Once a game doesn't become challenging, I start to lose interest.

I don't know if I'm going to work on Assault Rifles next, or start on Secondaries. Decisions, decisions.

• 9. Re: If you say that this game is balanced, then....
    gallp13

Game needs to cater for good and new players hence easy guns. Diowsnt matter what gun a good player uses cos he will kill you either way. Game is v balanced.

1 2 3 Previous Next