8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2013 1:26 AM by Jaggajatt187 RSS

address bigger issues first

kieranm_2012

i agree that all prestige master hackers should be banned but first i would like to see the lag comp addressed first as most games are corrupt and full of freezes and lag issues, i can live with the prestige glitch at the moment but what good is it when they are all banned and the game is still unplayable, yu dont hear activision addressing this!!!

• Re: address bigger issues first
    ChestSplittah

They need to address connectivity first. I've had so many matches where I saw a 1 bar guy dropping people with what appeared as 1 shot. Not me, he was on my team.

SoG_Hanix_PC

I can tell you that having 1 bar doesn't give you a magic bullet. I was playing today and had my worst in game experience as of yet. I was bouncing between 1 - 2 bars and was emptying entire clips into enemies, only to see them turn around a shoot me in the face. If you see some one get killed by a 1 - 2 bar guy, you should tell them that they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

You had an anomaly.

I see teams with 2-3 bars decimate the opposing team like they had no ammo. I've been on the receiving end of it many, many times lately.

I run a better connection than 90% of players probably have (business class internet), and I lag worse than anyone I know. The better your connection, the more you suffer.

3 bars or a weak 4 bars is ideal with the way the lag comp works.

SoG_Hanix_PC

Dude, I would love to see this actually be the case as I have 5 Mbps down and I am telling you, I do not run around all invincible. In this game, I suffer more than anyone else, even when I am running 4 bars, but the worst was when I was running 1-2. You have to remember, your internet "speed" isn't really speed, it's just how much information you're paying to have downloaded and uploaded every second. It isn't supposed to give you an edge. What happens is that when some one starts using the internet while I am playing, my connectivity goes down because I can't send or recieve as much info any more. Also, the further away from the host, the worse your connectivity will be.

What you pay for, actually has little to no effect on your online experience. It only means that your connection won't suddenly tank when some one decides to watch netflix. What latency is supposed to do is balance the ping times so that the host sends out the information to all members at staggered times so that it reaches everyone at around the same time. However, when it takes longer to download that information, there is nothing that the host or you can do about that. Getting the best download and upload speeds you can is the only thing that will help you make sure your connectivity doesn't tank, anything outside of that is the game. However, if you're playing and I'm playing, and no one else is using our internet, our speeds are exactly the same until we start demanding more than my download and upload speed per second allows; which is something that this game doesn't demand.

Yep I agree, the lag in this game makes it frustrating and sometimes completely unplayable. I constantly have 4 bar connection yet I always seem to be at least 1 second to a 1.5 behind everyone else. Nothing worse than putting 10 rounds into someone only to have them turn around and drop me with a single shot, actually most of my deaths seem to be from a single shot. I know one thing, I have a lot of assists compared to other players of similar rank due to me pumping 10 rounds into someone and then them killing me with one shot then running of and getting killed by someone else. But I must admit when the game has very little lag it's actually not to bad, unfortunately it's very rare.

featherman84

Are you guys sure it isn't on your own end?

I have no connectivity issues anymore on this game, sometimes being matched up with people too far away.Got a solution for this, quit the match and search for another.

ChestSplittah

I still say Demonware is the failure in connectivity again.

Jaggajatt187

I've lost almost all hope for this game, even posting in the forums feels utterly useless.

If they patch/nerf anything else over the connection/matchmaking first I'm going to smash this disc, the game still plays like crap and its not the least bit enjoyable.