32 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 4:02 PM by YO_MOM_IS_NEXT RSS

"Jack of All Trades" Weapons?

Well,i'm the type of guy that can't stand one thing for a long time,so it affects my Black Ops's playstyle,i really wanted a couple of tips for a weapon that has a good balance,my focus is in Fire Rate first,i saw some videos that said that PDW and MSMC are the ones that i should play,but they were nerfed(and Hard),i often play with MP7,i tried Skorpion for a while,but the range and acurracy sucks,if you guys could help me in this affair i would thank you forever.

• Re: "Jack of All Trades" Weapons?

The PDW with a long barrel is quite versatile.

h1r0l3r

In terms of SMG's, the MP7 is fairly good despite being available right from the get go.

Skorpion is nice but poor range and high recoil make it somewhat effective.

MSMC is good but its RoF is low. Damage seems pretty good on this one. It's okay in my book.

My vote would be for either the PDW or Vector. PDW has large mag with not too much recoil and the Vector has pretty low recoil. Both have good firing rates. Most people like the PDW due to its larger mag so you can spray n pray when all else fails.

Try the MTAR or Type 25. High fire rate, low recoil, good damage and range. Use Lightweight if you want to feel like you're still using an SMG (sort of.)

phxs72

I didn't find the PDW and MSMC nerf to be all that much but if you did then you might want to try the Type 25.  It's basically an AR version of an SMG.  It's not my favorite AR but I was able to use the same perk setup with it as I did the SMGs and did quite well with it.  The M27 is also a good choice due to it's high firerate and accuracy.  However, my favorite AR is the AN-94.  It has all of the advantages of an AR and still will out gun SMGs at close range.

monkeylord

Give the chicom ext mags,select fire and grip a shot it's one of the best SMG's.

sennalike

The SWAT is the most versatile weapon I have found.  It can be used in just about any situation with the right set up.  Easy to fill 10 classes with just the SWAT.

wrecku

Type 25 is the best all round weapons. At times acting like a SMG and hitting targets at distance with ease.

mn7_la

PDW..

add-on the Barrel & if you find too many head-glitchers, put in the TF (otherwise Reflex, Laser or the MMS will be useful too).

NOTE: The MMS will reduce the accuracy - so you *may feel* that shots don't register as well.

I think the AN-94 AR is a really good weapon too. If you can live with burst-fire - M8A1 is a really good weapon too.

Of course - all of the above are just my opinion.

ghamorra

I think all these replies prove that this game has some pretty powerful weapons

CallOfDutyFan88

the fal with select fire, laser and target finder. close, medium and long range are covered very well and u can use this on every map without problems. ur not gonna really find a jack of all trades smg cuz they are intended for close to semi mid range effectiveness, msmc with long barrel and extended mags and/or grip is the closest u can get to that tho.

Shadow_Alq

Yes its true: there are a lot of good guns and there isnt really a gun that outguns very other (although there are of course 5 or 6 "best guns"!). But I would say that BO2 clearly divides the guns capabilities depending on the Range, I mean, in MW3 I just used the ACR or the M4A1 and I did well in most of situations: what changes in BO2!? I always run 2 guns with Overkill: an AR and a SMG.

Personally the M27 and Type 25 are best AR's (the one I like more to use is the M8A1 though!) and the Vector+Silencer+No Recoil combo ahah is just beast!

CallOfDutyFan88

wow, i find all those blops2 guns u mentioned underpowered . i dnt think they are bad but just arent as good as they should be. in mw3 i liked the g36c with kick and and silencer, its like a m4a1 with better range performance.

Shadow_Alq

Eheh! I liked the G36 but it had a bit of recoil and 4 real it had few bullets: I always like to be prepared to take out 2 or 3 enemies together, or be prepared to take out someone that gets near me (SMG) or at the same time someone that is using a Sniper on the end of the map!

Thats why I always search not for the "best weapon" but the "best average weapon"! I said the M27 because it may not be a initially "Wow-reaction gun" but have you tried it accuracy to take out Snipers at long range!? Try it: if you hit the first shot youll probably kill the sniper cause that gun doesnt swing, it stays where you left it!!

The Type25 because I think you always need to play being aware of who your opponents are: so in BO2 im aware there are a lot of SMG's and that they will have a kind of advantage at short ranges, when passing by a corner or a door, so the Type25 isnt very good for longshots but it can own every SMG a lot of times plus you'll have the medium range too!

CallOfDutyFan88

it has the awesome accuracy but the damage is low enough for them to wiggle out the way pop up and pick me off. up close i kinda get pwned a bit much cuz the damage is low too. im not saying its bad but when u got the an94 or fal osw which is a great combination of accuracy and power to choose from its kinda like meh. BTW, the recoil was very predictable and easy to counter on the g36c. with kick its almost not even a factor. the g36c was a great gun to take our multiple people. great combination of accuracy, firerate, range and damage made it one of the best all around guns in the game. plus it had a very fast swap time so i could swap to my fmg9 akimbos/overkill secondary very quickly lol. people said the acr was overpowered but with kick this gun was like a acr with rapid fire.

yessir!  that's exactly what i do, well said

AR and SMG with overkill and you have all ranges.

deck out your AR with a sight and a foregrip and learn to use the SMG as is, equip a C4, tac insert and a couple perks and BAM!  you've got yourself a great class and no excuses.

CallOfDutyFan88

or i could just hit them twice with my fal instead of 4 or 5 times with my type25/m27... If im battling 2 people i have to hit them both with 4 bullets each, with the fal i can kill both of them with half the bullets. If those guns had the possibility to kill with 3 bullets then they would stick out more as good choices to use over guns like the fal or an94.

Shadow_Alq

For me its so obvious, its a part of me, that I forgot to mention it: I always talk about guns with Silencer equiped, cause I use it always (I hate firing unsilenced weapons, there will be always a red-dot-chaser that will try to hunt you, its a bit boring for me!).

So in MW3 you would notice: M4A1 unsilenced = beast / M4A1 with Silencer = Trash!

ACR + Silencer = Still beast

Its the same way here with the M27 and the Type25:

Type 25 + Silencer = You can notice it get weaker (you can start missing the longshots)

M27 + Silencer = Still beast, even better than without silencer!

Have you putted a silencer on it and tried to check this difference!? Might be an impression I have but I dont think it is!

If you're looking for a true "jack of all trades" weapon, that's the Type 25.  It has a high enough rate of fire to stand toe-to-toe with many SMGs (particularly if you put a laser sight on it), but is also accurate enough to pick people off with bursts at longer ranges than any SMG could dream of.  The MSMC would probably be the next "best" thing in that regard.

But you're much better off specializing in this game, both in terms of your weapon loadout and the class as whole.  I really haven't found a gun yet that I absolutely hate on the level I did with several weapons in prior CoDs...well, okay, the M1216 is approaching that status, but other than that.

Seriously, though, give them all a try and see which one(s) feel best to you.  The "perfect" gun for one player might be the absolute worst choice for another.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

pretty much any pistol with long barrel equipped. add extended clips if you like to rush spawns