47 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2013 10:22 AM by Baylorballs RSS

Orbital Vsat's

Is it just me or are these the most overpowered killstreak, it literally gives the enemy your position and everything. There is nothing you can do about it i.e. ghost or shoot it down. They really need to sort these out its a game killer in my opinion.

• Re: Orbital Vsat's
    CowboySr

Its a pretty high KS though, dont see it but once a week....maybe

game killer? really? man get out of here.

phxs72

It's very powerful but it's also a 12 killstreak if I remember correctly.  For that level it should be powerful.  Those that are good at getting them will do quite well.  That's why people often use it to set up getting the higher killstreaks.

dweez1988

Nothing?

... Counter UAV? and EMP.

EMP is hard to get but CUAV is easy. I agree it used a lot more lately and that's why I roll CUAV. I mostly keep it for if there is a VSAT  online.

Select Counter UAV as a scorestreak if the lobby is calling out VSATs. Never call them out until you have 3 or 4 of them (I believe they still stack in this game).  Start to call them out in the middle of the game to the late end of them game regardless if there is a VSAT up. Problem solved.

iivrruummii

It doesn't directly get kills for you, so it isn't overpowered.

maccabi

JackP123 wrote:

Is it just me or are these the most overpowered killstreak, it literally gives the enemy your position and everything. There is nothing you can do about it i.e. ghost or shoot it down. They really need to sort these out its a game killer in my opinion.

counter uav works

kemicalsupreme

CUAVS get shot down.  Then what?

Counter UAV, EMP grenades, and EMP scorestreak are your friends against Orbital VSATs. The thing about COD that I like is that everything has a counter to it. IF you don't want to have a CUAV scorestreak then have a class setup where you have EMP grenades and scavenger. Hardwired defeats CUAV and EMPS...see how there are counters and counters for the counters?

It is like Rock, Paper, Scissors but with guns n stuff.....

brsox

I feel like it should work more like the advanced uav from MW3. I dislike the orbital vsat and blackbird. I think the main annoyance of the orbital vsat is that most people seem to get it from a care package. Unearned high killstreaks are bs.

iivrruummii

Well the Advanced UAV was countered by Assassin, and it was waved based instead of real time.  I like the VSAT because it is hard to get and is completely fair.

Tick7

I love the VSAT; also loved the Blackbird.

If you get that high a streak, then you deserve it. The only thing that I might potentially adjust, is that I would maybe make it available only to the user rather than the entire team but it doesn't bother me all that much.

There are ways to counter it - firstly obviously is the Counter UAV. Next is either the EMP (unlikely) or the EMP nade (very effective). Also, if you know the other team is "Pac-maning" around the red triangles on the map, and closing in on you, play defensive - find a corner, ADS, and wait for them to rush you.

THE ENEMY KNOWING WHERE YOU ARE, DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE ENEMY AUTOMATICALLY KILLS YOU

?? un earned ?  you care packages take some work, then u have to be lucky enought to get a v sat. 

i've got somewhere around 30 care pack.   probably 3 or 4 V sats. 

1 % chance .  it's a great Team tool totally worth using and yes its way more usefull than Advanced UAV garbage from mw 3

The Vsat  is easy enough to fight off by way of... shock horror - camping! It's probably the only time I can advocate camping. I've found that lying prone in a suitable location or sitting in a headglitch spot normally results in a good few kills. It works well because the opposing side with the Vsat will guaranteed play more recklessly and rush as fast as possible to reach the red arrows. If/when your eventually flash banged, blown up or overrun, watch the whole kill-cam to delay your spawn and kill time. During the killcam consider changing to a class with Cold-Blooded/Hardwired+Fast-Hands+Launcher to avoid and shoot the potential arial streaks that will follow and then repeat the above if the enemy Vsat is still active.

They are not all that common from what I have seen.  You must be getting stomped on if the enemy team gets so many of these that you have to complain on the forums about it.   On top of that,  it isn't exactly easy to get, like a UAV or RC/XD for example.  People aren't getting 2,3, or more of these per game so it is definitely not a game killer. 

I see Vsats regularly due to playing KC, Dom and GW where higher streaks are easier to come by. It's probably linked to skill MM as well. In TDM I presume it's quite rare.

Tunic4

I got 2 V-Sats in one game last night but that is rare...At least for me it is rare. It is a powerful score streak but so is the Warthog, Stealth Chopper, Loadstar, Dogs, etc. Since it is powerful it is relatively difficult to get. Plus they don't last forever...Unlike the stun grenades. lol

The real benefit to the V-Sat is it helps you and your team. It is a great score streak for those who want to win as opposed to a slayer only type, they would probably prefer streaks that directly produce kills like the Warthog.

It all depends on what suits your style. I hardly think it is a game breaker.

JSlayer211

I agree with the fact that it is OP. Ghost should work against it. For those arguing that EMP/EMP nades/CUAV would solve the problem, I don't know if you have heard but Hardwired ftw. CUAV gets shot down VERY quickly. You may get 1-2 kills off a CUAV and when everyone respawns they will break out the FHJ/BH and get that down quickly. Just to give you an idea of how big the impact of OV is, I have NEVER lived through the entire duration of an OV that I am aware of. I could be mid flank using ghost and boom, 4 guys run around a corner blasting everything they have. It's very frustrating that this streak has no immediate immunity counter. I understand it is semi-difficult to get but I see them everyday, so it's not THAT hard.

Another broken aspect of this game is Blind Eye though, does crap to help you against player controlled streaks. You are still majorly highlighted on their targets. The perks in general in this game are just watered down and leave you wishing they were effective.

Audiophile

I, like many others, could care less about the VSAT. The only scorestreak that bothers me is the VTOL being placed directly over the spawn.....on a map like Hijacked there is simply nothing you can do but watch the killcam in its entirety and just accept death......

Tick7

That annoys me as well - but in fairness, we hardly see the warship.

That, and it's such a hard streak to get, that as frustrating as it may be to get bludgeoned by one, I secretly accept that the dude who got it deserved it and deserves a reward for it.

The VTOL is so large and so obnoxious sounding that I always switch to launcher class to kill it. I simply must shut up the racket it makes.  When the announcer states "Enemy VTOL incoming" it's hilarious to see it go boom just before it comes into range . Rare but funny.

Ch1chaa

Managed to get one to day when the game ended lol. But it's a great scorestreak, especially in hardcore. I have been playing with the chopper recently but it get shot down pretty quikly and you get more pleasure from the VSAT as it benefits the entire team and can not be shot down.

dweez1988

I found that the chopper works very well when placing it a bit off map because it will be harder to find. Most assume it is somewhere in the middle of the map or at a spawn point. It can kill from long ranges so putting it a bit out side of the map works wonders

Jamaro85

Overpowered?  Meh.  The only time it becomes indefensible is when somebody stacks it with an EMP.  Like somebody already mentioned it doesn't actually kill anything for you.  With the connection issues in this game I actually find myself dying more with it up sometimes trying to prefire guys who are coming around a corner facing me and not connecting bullets like I should.  That never happened in Black Ops 1 by the way, like ever, ever.  Either way, it depends on the rest of the team that gets the VSAT, but I've had my fair share of games where I throw a VSAT up and our lead does not budge by much at all.  I definitely do not think it is overpowered, and it's not the most common killstreak run by people.

Tifosi92

Lol, methinks the OP has never heard of Claymores. You'd be surprised how many easy kills you can get on 'VSAT rushers' by pretending to be an easy kill but actually having a Claymore protecting you. I love it when enemy VSATs are called in because it makes for easy pickings on gullible 'run-n-gunners' most of the time--even if I get killed a few times, I'll usually get more kills from Claymores than I will deaths while a VSAT is active.

Those saying 'I've never survived a VSAT before'--that's sort of the point, isn't it? If you let the enemy get the scorestreak in the first place then you deserve to be killed by it. And no, I'm not going to buy the, 'He never killed me, it was my teammates that kept giving him kills!' argument either, because if you were really that good, you would've gone and killed the guy yourself so he wouldn't have gotten it.

I do wish, though, that you would be somehow notified when the enemy VSAT expires--same with enemy UAVs.

if you dont like it go back to your mario..... vsat is like the sr 71 in bo 1 cannot be shot down so if you think its over powerd do us a favour quit being a cry baby eject the disc and throw it as far as you can!

Strongly disagree.

Film_Not_Rated

No one really complained about the Black Bird being Op in Blops1, and as others have said...C-Uav >>>>>>>

Razed88

I disagree. It's quite a high point K/S and if somebody chooses to help everyone with their high killstreak rather than be greedy and get more kills then it should be powerful.

It's no more O/P than a Stealth Chopper that takes 2 hits to take down or a warthog/lodestar.

The VSAT makes me wish they included the decoy grenade.  It was alot of fun in Blops 1...

I enjoyed the Using th Jammer in BLOP1 in combo with a LMG for area lock down. In MW3 they nerfed the jammers range which made it useless.

The jammer was great for a number of things including SR71s. I also used the Jammer in offensive roles too. My fav thing to do was to put a Flamethrower on an AR with Hacker Pro and a Jammer. Find the campers, place Jammer on outside of building to disable all their gaymores then rush in and start a BBQ.

Damn...now I want to play some BO1 now.

I've been noticing a lot more the past few days. A few games the same person got it more than once with less than 10 kills, and no, he wasn't using care packages. I'm beginning to wonder if there is not some sort of "bug" or exploit.

What game mode? Since it is Scorestreaks now, you don't need a lot of kills for it. I've gotten a stealth chopper with having only 5-7 kills to start the match before.

Sorry, it was TDM, and yea I understand the system, I play KC, and get high streaks with just a few kills too, as long as I get my tags.... It's just a little odd when something like this happens 2 or 3 times in a day, by different ppl and lobbies.

Ppl who whine about the vsat be getting their ass wooped by it too much step up their game and run those counter UAVs. cuz i love spaming me some vsats whenever i can.

vespervin

Orbital VSAT? Throw those EMP grenades and the Counter-UAV's. Everything has a counter. OP seems to be crying because he doesn't want to change his play-style when the enemy gets Orbital VSAT's.

vims1990

It wasn't considered OP in BO and there are a number of counters to the Orbital VSAT.

Also, it is rather difficult to get an Orbital VSAT.

JSlayer211

Ok, did they removed Hardwired from the game or something? People are posting as if it just simply does not exist, starting to think that I have missed a patch or something.

FurryTr11angle

This isnt a first for a CoD game ,. MW cod 4 had radar (UAV), WaW had recon plane. MW2 only had uav's but the more u had up the faster the refresh rate. BO1 blackbird, MW3 Advanced UAV and the ability to get an advanced UaV with three UaV's up at the same time. Of course you could shoot those down but it still showed everything.

VSAT is up just means stop running around like your playing combat training and hold a spot and the enemy comes to you.

kellysa111

You have obviously not played BO1.