14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 10:20 PM by parnezzi RSS

Flakjacket nerfed???

I dont know if anyone else is having this problem but the last couple of days I have been getting killed by betties and grenades (especially semtex) that usually would have been stopped by hte flakjacket!!

Has it been nerfed??

• Re: Flakjacket nerfed???

I have had similar issues, to the point I stopped using it lol

vims1990

Core or Hardcore?

I'm not having issues with core myself.

on core, dont really play on hardcore, but never had any issues till the last couple of days but I like to rush and i'm being killed by betties and semtex all the bloody time its doing my nut in!

vims1990

Is this after you have damage or when you're at full health?

I'm sure you know this but Flak Jacket does not make you fully immune to grenades/betties etc.

Possibly upload some clips via YouTube using theater mode of your experience with Flak Jacket.

yes I know it doesnt make you full immune but for the past month I was using it i could stand on a betty and it wouldnt kill me same with a grenade even hunter killers unless it was a direct impact wouldnt kill me

sgtDLC

When something explodes in your face you will die no matter what

phxs72

It's working the same for me.  As in I don't see a difference in it but I never could withstand a stuck grenade even with Flak Jacket.

bkblazer

I did notice I was getting killed by Hunter Killer Drones more yesterday in core. I thought I was in good health. Then again I guess it all depends on how far away it makes impact.

Audiophile

Nerfed? I was thinking they had done just the opposite and made it even stronger. This morning I played a couple matches of domination and twice I saw flak jacket save someone that should have died. Once, when they were struck by a hunter killer - flak jacket saved them. Second time I stuck someone with a packet of C-4 while they were lying down capturing a flag and they survived.....

CowboySr

I get killed by theatre grenades all day, so i tried flak and it made no difference, so I got rid of it. But it has always been bad in this game, for me.

Goforit

I'm glade it's not me. I know Flak Jacket doesn't stop multiple blast damage or some direct hits from items but it really seems to be hit or miss on if it works or not. I've also found if I put down a bouncing betties or claymore and it goes off while I'm in the blast area I die right away. The vest jacket makes no difference what so ever. it's not game breaking compare to some problems but a real annoyance.

gallp13

BO2 Steath Tweeks?

V interesting post. The short answer is , "I don't know for sure".  However here are a couple of interesting observations;

1. Flak jacket appears to be slightly nerfed.

2. Delay on nads in first 2 seconds of Hijacked.

3. Delay on lighting in first 2 seconds of game.

4. 3arc monitors and can tweak the game as Vahn says "on the math" no the emotion.

Given Community reaction to tweaks of any kind, I wonder if there is a little streath tweaking going on?

kellysa111

A couple of days ago, I could survive a hunter killer drone with flak jacket on. Now, I die. Hell, I died when someone direct impacted me by throwing a bettie right at me.

parnezzi

flak jacket never stopped a hunter killer direct impact, and betties being direct impact act as a flashbang or grenade hitting you over and over, not an explosion. its really annoying tbh and a lot of people are just using them as frisby disks