1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 66 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 2:03 PM by CallOfDutyFan88 Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    CallOfDutyFan88

when did actually sniping and not abusing a aim assist glitch start getting looked down on? people these days right?

• 41. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    Gerbera

Sadly, things similar to typical camping is always looked down upon. People seem to be under the impression that EVERY weapon in CoD is meant for running and gunning when they really aren't, like most snipers (only the SVU really can work) and LMGs. Both are not really meant to run and gun with because of their greater movement inhibitions (even with Lightweight, they only move about as fast as ARs) and slower ADS times (even with a Quickdraw handle on LMGs).

As I already covered snipers, there's LMGs. LMGs are primarily meant for longer range, suppressive fire on enemy positions to keep them behind cover (and kill those stupid enough to reveal themselves) and/or for heavier defense of certain areas like heavier traffic routes, flags, or even a spawn area, which is what I use them for (both methods). Some may call it camping again, but again, I'm not stupid enough to try to sprint around fast-paced maps where a majority of people seem to be using SMGs + Lightweight (and perhaps Extreme Conditioning too along with Quickdraw Handles maybe) while lugging a heavy LMG with me that has little hope of keeping up if I get into a sudden gunfight. Like snipers, I'll defend an area for bit, get some kills, then move if/when the situation shifts more to get into a better defensive position.

ARs, SMGs, and shotguns are the greater run-and-gun weapons. People shouldn't expect everyone using LMGs and snipers to be doing the same and then bellyache about them "camping" otherwise.

• 42. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    X_MISSILE_X

Lag fix. Buff health. Nerf all pistol damage. SMG ammo reduction. What is it with aim assist telling me where enemies are hiding? Makes cold blooded no name useless.

• 43. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    BulletMagnet_911

i dont think the guns are supposed to be equal.  why not just give everyone the same generic weapon then? different weapons for different playstyles be damned !   ok ok so some weapons are better than others and there are weapons to counter every weapon. if youre not having success with your weapon try something else.  or dont expect your ar to be as fast as a lighter smg.  dont run through hallways with lmgs or sniper rifles.  if you are doing that, you are using the wrong weapon for your playstyle.

Ar's are medium to medium long range weapons...of course they kill close up and with a little effort even far away.  so you dont want to run into someone with an SMG up close cuz his speed isnt affected like the AR.  its not over powered youre running into situations you should be avoiding. 

dont pick an LMG cuz it has a large magazine and stopping power and then run into a building and try to clip people in corners. yes it can be done,  some guys out there amaze me with their skill. but thats not how the weapon is designed to be used.

the weapons dont need to be equalized at all .... a .44 has more punch than a .22 but the .22 is going to get off more rounds and be eaiser to wield with less recoil.  for those people who complain about this weapon is OP or the other one is....id say take a look at your choice of weapon and your playstyle and see if they really fit. maybe you should consider making a change in one of them. 

• 44. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

quick scoping = learning to time hitting your two buttons correcly.

sniping = knowing where to set up, where and when to move, how to aim/hold breath at the right time, how to swap guns for use when enemies get close and use them properly, which equipment compliments the situation/map, etc.

i've done both and can speak from experience. being a good sniper is hard. quick scoping is not. my son learned to QS because sniping took too much time and effort to learn to do well.

on the bright side, if a 13yo can learn it, so can anyone else. so at least the learning curve is relatively flat.

and why nerf pistols? their bullets hurt just as much as any other.

• 45. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    CallOfDutyFan88

u dnt have to tell me how the guns should be used. Im very aware of each gun in this game. i already have my 4-5 guns that suit me fine vs the other over nerfed guns. i suggested a way to make all these weapons work more like they should so EVERY weapon has a good enough reason for more people to use it, smgs for close to semi mid range, ar's for all around but specialty at mid range, shotties for close, lmgs from mid to far, snipers being more reliable for long range. right now if a mp7 battles a mtar/m27 from 14 meters away the mp7 wins cuz they are both 4 hit kills and the mp7 shoots faster. im not saying the mp7 should get nerfed but it really shouldnt be that way, the mtar/m27 should be buffed to win that gunfight while the smg retains its ability to win up close. my skorpion shouldnt be better at close range than a s12 or m1216 either. this is what i tried to do all around, i tried to make every single gun win the battles its expected to.win in a more reliable fashion.

• 46. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    CallOfDutyFan88

pistols also cost the same as any other gun and while they might be very useable at the end of the day ur primary is still probably better suited for more gunfights than ur pistol is . I tried to make every gun more powerful without having to nerf anything, honestly look at the gun suggestions.. even the starter guns like the mtar and type25 can compete with tikes of the fal and an94 in the assualt rifle class, same story for the smgs, shotguns, lmgs, snipers and pistols. guns can compete with guns from their own class as well as other classes with no nerfing nessesary. the way things are now people just pick one or two guns from each class and kinda ignore the rest cuz they straight up suck in comparision to other guns in that class. With this suggestion list i made underused guns for tryhards like the type25, mtar, s12, m1216, mk48, qbb lsw and quite a few others very useable without making the other guns skip a beat. each gun having its own good reason for a tryhard to use it instead of a quickly stale 4 or 5 gun game is my goal with this. im tired of hearing ''it was a pain to get this gun gold''

• 47. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    CallOfDutyFan88

laser sight/rapid fire and dexterity works wonders for a lmg rusher with a bit of skill. cant fully commit to rushing but u dnt have to headglich with a target finder the whole game either

• 48. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    CallOfDutyFan88

pistols dnt need a nerf, other guns need buffs

• 49. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    SUM1SLY83

I hope the r870 & msmc get buffed back how they was they was the guns i liked the most.

The r870 i can spit further than it can shoot and 1hk.

The msmc why did it get a double nerf it already had more recoil than the other SMG's.

And both of these guns now have horrible hipfire even when using the laser.

Nice post thought callofdutyfan88 it makes a good change from other posts nerf this nerf that because i die by this and die by that and i don't use it anyway so i don't care if they make that gun useless selfish posts.

I see you was trying to make everyone happy.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next