1 2 3 4 Previous Next 66 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 2:03 PM by CallOfDutyFan88 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it.
    BryanNnned

well i read your first 2 gun stats (type 25 and m27) then i stopped reading because your stats are inaccurate. type 25 and m27 kills in 4 bullets at least. it only does 33 maximum damage.

• 11. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it.
    CallOfDutyFan88

ur ability to read is inaccurate bro. those are not the current gun stats. those are my SUGGESTED gun stats.

• 12. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it.
    i_am_legend

i really wanted to say quit complaining and ADJUST YOUR GAMEPLAY, thats how it should be done.. but then i read your sniper section and i for one use snipers the proper way. no quick scoping, just sniping from one vantage point to the next. i've been doing pretty well for myself and because of this, i havent talked about how much of a disadvantage a sniper is in this game. it seems 3arc just flat out listened to everyones comlpaints about snipers and so-called 'campers' and gave those complainers the benefit of the doubt.

shooting someone 5 feet away through hipfire and it completely misses the target? FAIL

like mentioned in the original post, theres a bullet trail for snipers now? FAIL

ghost perk is only active when you run? FAIL

cant say much though. I ADJUSTED IN GAME and had to work around their system to achieve my goals. recently, 68 and 5 kill confirmed at standoff, 52 and 9 kill confirmed on carrier, 33 and 4 kill confirmed on hijack.. just saying.

• 13. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it.
    CallOfDutyFan88

ive adjusted too, I get great gameplays with regularity myself. i have my guns that i find most consistant at what they do. im perfectly fine between choosing from the skorpion, msmc, fal osw, dsr, and an94 and dominating the rest of the overly nerfed guns with either of them. im not suggesting across the board buffs because im struggling at the game... i just want a good reason to put down my fal or an94 for something like a mtar or type25 and so on.

• 14. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

i like everything how it is other than a sniper should make "ghost" work as it should. if only for the sniper, that's fine..

but not being able to stay hidden really makes a sniper class... well... NOT a sniper class. i'm not a sniper, but i think they should be able to do their jobs.

and take quickscoping out.

other than that, i really like how the guns work now. you just gotta know how to use them, i think.

• 15. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    CallOfDutyFan88

Im not really a huge fan of stealth perks, promotes a hiding style of play i would love to see less of in a fast paced game like cod. and i like the new sniper bullet trail, i just dnt like them getting stupid himarkers, quickscoping and how terribly bad no scoping is for them. BTW, its not how to use the guns, its more like which ones to use and then how to use those guns. If my buffs went through i honestly wouldnt know which gun to pick cuz they all would have good enough reasons to be in the game. the way things are now its without question the fal osw or an94 for me, if i use a smg its mostly the skorpion or msmc (mostly skorpion by far tho), if i use a sniper its the dsr50 and nothing else, if i use a lmg its the hamr or lsat, if i feel like playing with a arm behind my back and messing around with a shotgun its the r870 and nothing else. Its like more than half of the guns dnt even exist when im trying to go tryhard and it shouldnt be that way, i tried to suggest a weapon balance format that will give tryhards of all playstyles a good reason to take a look at every gun because my buffs would have given them a good enough reason to choose any of them.

• 16. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    hyper72

How do we know whats gun to nurf or buff....... When lag compensation has the last say in who kills who ffs.....boycott the

DLC

• 17. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    CallOfDutyFan88

u got a point but i play lots of local match, more than i play online actually. if a mtar and a smg battle 12ft away the smg is gonna win cuz the mtar and smg are 4 hit kills from there and the smg shoots faster. that aint right to me, that mtar should still be a 3 hit kill.

• 18. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    Gerbera

As said, nothing should be done until lag/lag compensation is fixed. Until then, any sort of adjustments made would be pointless.

During the earlier release dates, when still only a "small" number of people were playing and lag compensation didn't feel NEARLY as bad, the guns all felt pretty balanced, IMO. Things didn't feel "too weak" and things didn't really feel OP either. But then the lag comp QUICKLY caught up and the FLOOD of complaints began, fingers pointed at the weapons.

Also as mentioned in places, even if guns were made "perfectly" balanced where one gun doesn't totally outshine the other, people would still find something to complain about; anything that kills them "easily" would be seen as OP while the weapon they have is UP, even if that "OP" weapon is working exactly as it should, like a shotgun up close or a snipers OHKing them from a distance.

• 19. Re: How would u guys re-balance the guns? Here's how i would do it. BUffs Not Nerfs!
    i_am_legend

i've been a sniper class since prestige 2.. before that it was definitely the FAL. i'm on prestige 6 now and have worked hard on my sniper classes and diamond camos. DSR is good with CPU but Ballista is hands down best sniper gun in the game (with or without attachments). its funny how these forums immediately pair snipers with quickscoping.. lol. i've been sniping the real way and no matter how people talk down snipers, i can always back up my arguments in-game.

btw, a real sniper is only good as his movement. you can't stay in one spot the whole game.. which is why the B23R, 3-burst pistol is my best gun in the game. even with all my sniping, the pistol gun i use to move around has earned me more kills than the Ballista and DSR.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next