11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 12:03 PM by sennalike RSS

Bloodthirsty Question

ghamorra

If I go on a Merciless streak does that count as 2 Bloodthirsties? My challenges say no

• Re: Bloodthirsty Question
    mn7_la

Nope - I've observed that too.

Same with Ruthless - if you get one Ruthless you don't also get 3 Bloodthirsty medals .

Back in MW3, if one got 4 kills at the end of one match & got 4 more at the beginning of the next one - the kill-streak counted as 8. In BO2, this is also "fixed" - just saying.

MN

ghamorra

So I can't go on rampages, I have to die every 5 kills, that's fcking stupid

h1r0l3r

Only if want that special camo. Seems "fair" that if you're doing well, you have to decide whether or not to get another Bloodthirsty medal or continue your rampage realizing that you're only getting ONE bloodthirsty medal and possibly a calling card too. Yeah, seems fair.

ghamorra

How, I'm being punished for doing well? That's no where close to fair

h1r0l3r

/sarcasm

It's not by any means. Just yet another stupid little quirk to this game.

dubhicks

I play, and accept it, the way it is. Only reason is, if I get a 5 kill streak with my side arm I am usually running low on ammo (use fast hands instead of scavenger as I'm always in the action with the SA). Plus, I'm pretty lucky to pull out a 5 streak with only the SA any way. At least while I'm trying to level a gun, I can work towards the bloodthirsty as my only goal. Once achieved I just go all "mad cow" on everyone until I die (though this has happened and I manage to get another 10-18 kills magically). I play so much better when the weight of trying to achieve something has been lifted.

phxs72

Yep it is dumb but also correct.  It almost make you mad to get a merciless if you're going for Bloodthirsties.  I do believe, however, that if you get say 4 kills with your weapon and another kill with something else but then get a fifth kill with your weapon that the Bloodthristy that you earned will count towards the challenge.  I'm pretty sure that happened to me but I might have lost track of where I was at in my kills when it happened.

mn7_la

I don't see me or anyone saying you have to die every 5 kills. Please, by all means, go on a rampage - get the Nuclear-Killer card - even.

Just that, if you want to get the 10 blood-thirsties challenge - you'll want to go all the way 10 times

juz kiddin.. I can see your point - a merciless is practically 2 bloodthirsties - so even if they don't give another bloodthirsty medal (XP) for it, they should technically count it as part of the gun-camo challenge.

Let's see if the Devs will listen & we'll have an update.

BTW, did you or anyone on here had a game-playlist update message last evening. One popped up as soon as I finished a match - I'd like to know what the update was. Any pointers - web-links - anything?

MN

I believe it only counts as 1

same with chain killer, i get 8+ kills but not extra 2 titles

sennalike

I have been counting for the five kills and then calling in score streaks to break the cycle, does that mean I would be missing out on merciless and ruthless awards?