9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 10:22 AM by hyper72 RSS

Connections and lag

Is anybody else experiencing skipping and being behind and having four green bars and it feels like you're running a two bar?

LAG<LAG

"12:45, Restate my assumptions: 1. Mathematics is the language of nature. 2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers. 3. If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are patterns everywhere in nature."

Indeed

Cutpurse

"Soon"

Indeed

• Re: Connections and lag
    augkash

Yes really bad all weekend then tonight its you die with one shot

Antonius_Xylem

YES HECK YES!!!! Fire complete mag. into someones head and 2 shots I'm gone! Killing my K/D ratio I was at 1.12 now a lousy .97 

JUSTBAZE

It's been pretty bad since a couple of days after Christmas. But its been to the point now that you can see the the lag skip from one person to the other just by looking at the score chart during gameplay. Every one can have 4 green bars, then one by one,a red bar skips through everyone on the list and thats just free-for-all. Team deathmatch is rediculous, that's why you see an increase of people leaving the matches, its just to bad of lag to continue. And for some reason, there is always someone playing that complains that people are sore losers and do not realize that lag is a large factor along with poor spawning for people quiting. I just hope there testing something out and thats why it's bad right now.

Zaled

What I do for the weekend (or holidays) is I put my connection preference to "BEST". This doesn't give me any lag. When I set it too normal however, I get a mix of laggy and good games - so try setting it too BEST at least for the weekend or holidays where the servers are filled with people playing. You can find a game really fast on the best setting during the weekend and holidays and have a lag free gaming experience on top of that .

JUSTBAZE

I have mines set to best and there is no difference, but I do notice when the number of people playing rises the problem increases. Last time I played it was 600,000 plus playing and the lag was tremendus no matter what setting.

phxs72

There are a lot of people out there playing on bad internet connections and unfortunately even when you aren't one of them, their bad connection will affect your game.  I keep my search perference set to Best but it doesn't keep me from having laggy games.  It does cut down on the number of laggy games that I have though.  If the lag is too bad I just move on to another lobby.  As much as people hate being down a team member, its actually better to be down a team member than to keep a team member that is dying nonstop and feeding the enemy back to back killstreaks due to lag.

Izjar11

The last two days have been bad for me, every game, every match, every lobby has latency, skipping, stop and go, paused players, disconnections, when it gets worse I stop moving all together and simply wait it out, hoping I am not shot.

ghamorra

Ping compounds with all players in the lobby. You can have a 15-20ms connection to the host while others have 50-60ms connections. Add up however many times and you can easily have a 4 bar connection (which represents your ping to the host which is good) and you have an easy 200-300ms ping