1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 65 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 9:45 PM by Kahnsfury Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Do something, stop the quitters, and do it now!

The real problem isn't people quiting because the other team is good, it's beause the other team is winning because of an unfair advantage which is over-lag compensation. Now I wont argue that it needs o be removed from the game,because from what i've been told, it is necessary to make it possible to even play shooters, but the problem is giving a person with extremely poor connection quality a higher advantage, or a group that comes in together a unfair advantage. It's to the point that people literally appear from thin air in front of you and kill you. Or unloading a clip or two into someone just to get shot one time ( or what appears to be one shot) and die. I cant gloat or feel to proud about winning a match because I know somewhere along the line 60% of the kills were probably from a unfair advantage somewhere along the line.  So to complain about people leaving a match with the game being in the current state it's in sounds STUPID and CHILDISH.

If you went to a fare-fight with your bare hands and everyone else had billy clubs, after a couple of clubbings to the head wouldn't you get your Monkey A$$ out of there. If you expect fareness, shouldn't it be universal? That's how you should look at this right now. I can tell you, when playing COD 4, there was plenty of times I got destroyed in matches by people who were actually good, but as apposed to leaving, it actually motivated me to stay in and try to beat them, and majority of the times I did. Wait and see if they fix the problems with the network before calling for player decapitations for quiting.

• 41. Re: Do something, stop the quitters, and do it now!
    hyper72

Very well put.... My thoughts exactly........... Until they address the lag compensation Stop Whinging about Quitters simple.....

• 42. Re: Do something, stop the quitters, and do it now!
    wrecku

The only time I quit is because of lag. why would I play a game that I'm 3 seconds behind in. It turns into a cycle, die spawn die spawn die spawn die. The worst cod for lag ever.

• 43. Re: Do something, stop the quitters, and do it now!

I notice it being the adults quiting more than the kids. It seems like the kids often don't even consider quiting, and are all over the map with how well they do (from "Wow" good to 1-25 bad).

Point of interest though, the last game I played in where the opposing team quit "except" one player. I have really got to hand it to that guy... he not only did well, he WON! He turned his disadvantage into an advantage by letting us run all over looking for him while he capped us 3-4 at a time for each one of his deaths.

I am not saying every game would be fun like this... but in this one instance, it was pretty amusing... and amazing, that with a 5-6 on 1, we lost.

• 44. Re: Do something, stop the quitters, and do it now!

I would disagree with this. The team that is losing does not have a higher likelihood of bad connection... and 80% of the people I see leave are on the losing team.

• 45. Re: Do something, stop the quitters, and do it now!
    mn7_la

So, you must be the new Frasier Crane - the official shrink for all COD gamers.

Thanks doc - for your educated opinion on our egos.

I'm sure you are so much matured - and you're not just whining like a cry-baby on this forum.

Respects to you,

MN

• 46. Re: Do something, stop the quitters, and do it now!

mn7_la wrote:

Thanks doc - for your educated opinion on our egos.

You read my article in JAMA?

• 47. Re: Do something, stop the quitters, and do it now!
    ion5150

Very well put sir.

• 48. Re: Do something, stop the quitters, and do it now!
    sennalike

You may be right, we can only say what we experience.  I tend to notice the younger kids more as they have a tendency to be more vocal and I pick up on the voices disappearing  Adults could easily be leaving and go unnoticed if they dont have a mic.

Since writing my first post, I had a match this afternoon, Domination on Drone.  We capped A and then B, and opened up a reasonable lead.  But there were two very young boys (best guess around 9 years old) talking throughout.  One was continuously complaining about being killed by a "hacker"; somebody on the enemy side using a target finder.  He kept asking his friend to back out but his mate said no, not yet.  They stayed until half time, then left.  So we were then left with four players versus six, and leaving is infectous, I considered leaving thinking we had no chance, but decided to see how it went.  As it was we won, no further drama's.  But I really dont get why these two kids decided to leave  There was no "hacker" on the enemy team, and we were winning easily when they left.  Maybe it is a case that these youngsters dont understand the game and genuinely believe there are hackers all over the place.

• 49. Re: Do something, stop the quitters, and do it now!
    ChestSplittah

Actually have a connection based matchmaking system. Move Skat Screeners into a Playlist where they can only play.

esmorgue

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next