10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 10:48 AM by mn7_la RSS

Scorestreaks! Help!

First Post on here guys so hey all!

After gettin black ops2 for xmas i immedietly realised the introduction of the new scorestreak system. Is it me or is it a lot harder to get the streak items now?

I dont think i fully understand the way it works and how to gain the points needed. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Cheers all!

• Re: Scorestreaks! Help!
    crosby85

Playing the objective and killing people while doing so rewards you with more points than just sitting in a corner waiting for kills and therefore people that play as a team get rewarded far more than those that don't.

So what ways can you get scorestreak points? Doing more than just getting kills?

So what ways can you get scorestreak points? Doing more than just getting kills?

dubhicks

Pretty much doing anything constructive will give you points. Destroying enemy equipment, enemy score streaks, enemies. More points for headshots and first bloods. Playing the objective, calling in score streaks. Just about anything you do that is helpful will net you some form of points.

its a score streak not just kill streak everyting positive you do effects it from getting assists to capturing objectives. say in a game of domination, you get 50 pts for capturing A you then kill 1 person for 100 pts and get an assist for 50pts, you would then have 200pts in your score streak bank (the little white bar next to your streaks on the HUD), scorestreaks also build this up as well such as 10 pts for every person a team mate kills under your UAV, scorestreaks can be combined such as UAV and Counter-UAV, a team-mate killing an enemy under your UAV and CUAV (if both active) would bag you 40 pts per each kill they get. you can earn more per kill for defending or attacking an objective, the higher level aggressive streaks (sentry, stealth chopper) bag you 25 pts per kill.

i think theres a lot more "lower end" scorestreaks, especially UAVs as they are essentially easier to get, but on the whole, i prefer it as i enjoy playing objective based games

Natero14

Yes all there are four or five ways to get it.  One:  Get kills points very depending on where the body is hit. Two: When you get a kill with a Tactical or Lethal you get double points toward your kill streak.  Three: Knifing is also another good way to get a lot more points to get to it faster.  Four:  Capturing Flags, Planting, Disarming bombs and blowing them up will get you there very fast.  Well I guess there's only four lol.  I hope this helps and if you need any more help on it I'll be glad to help you.  Happy New year even though it stilll feels like 2012 lol.

If you play TDM, you're going to find streaks more difficult to earn because there isn't really an objective to play; in other game modes it's almost ridiculously easy to earn scorestreaks.

Even in TDM, though, if you focus on playing a support role as well as slaying you can pile up some good point totals.  Shooting down an enemy UAV is 75 points, a CUAV is 100, and helicopters & higher give you even more points.  Destroying enemy equipment (shock charges, bouncing betties, claymores) is worth 50 points per item: running Engineer plus EMP grenades or Black Hats will help you get some major points that way.  And destroying a Guardian or Sentry Gun gets you big points as well, particularly given how easy it is to do that with an EMP grenade.

ghamorra

When the game first released there was almost an overwhelming amount of people that thought Streaks where harder to get. Now that the game has been out people are adapting to the new way the game is played and (for me at least) they're starting to become easier to get

mn7_la

2 words: EMP Grenade.

If you have that unlocked, equip it & add on the "Engineer" Perk. You'll get far more points than you could imagine. The number of equipments people carry - especially in objective-based games (DOM, CTF) is amazingly high. And even if you lob an EMP 'nade but don't find any equipments - if an enemy is affected & is killed - you'll get assist points.

Add up a lock-on launcher (SMAW, FHJ) to your load-out - and you don't even need actual enemy kills to earn your lower-end scorestreaks. You can use the launchers (& EMP 'nades) to take out Gaurdian Turrets & Sentry Guns - even. [NOTE: Don't try knifing the turrent or the Sentry - it will not be destroyed that way]

The most important difference between BO 2 & MW3 streaks: In MW3, once you get a Predator - it's just one more gun-kill for a Chopper - and then you'll almost automatically get a Reaper. Each streak-kill (Pred or Chopper kills) counted the same as gun-kills (or grenade or betty kills). In BO 2, a gun kill usually adds 100 points to your scorestreak (some cases it's 50 points - KC & others it's 125 points - objective-kill) whereas a score-streak kill (say Sentry or Turret or AGR or Stealth Chopper, etc) gets you only 25 points.

NOTE: The more points you earn - the more your SPM will increase. And if you have a higher SPM, you'll inevitably be matched with players that have similar SPMs. So, if you inflate your SPM using this EMP 'nade tactic - you may find the game more difficult.