15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 6:35 PM by GoDevil3rd60th RSS

Lets talk LMGs

Joco3000

Last time I created a topic on this, it was not too long after the game came out and not that many people were using LMGs (There were a few, but they were rare). Nowadays, it is rare for me to go into a game where there isn't someone using a LMG (I play mostly TDM, with the odd Hardpoint and Domination). This makes games somewhat interesting, as on one hand this mean people are using interesting weapons, but on the other hand these people are using the most powerful fully auto weapons in the game (In my opinion. At long range I have outsniped people with a MK 48) with the most powerful attachments (For the most part, Target finder) and rarely moving.

The most common LMGs I see have to be the LSAT and the MK 48, with the HAMR being used fairly often as well. The only LMG with recoil is for some crazy reason almost never used (The QBB), for which I am thankful for as it's the most powerful in CQC.

SMGs are of course still as common as ever, with the ARs not too far behind, but I am honestly seeing LMGs more often than shotguns, for the first time in a CoD game that I have played (I didn't play CoD4, and Shotguns were secondaries in MW2 so it doesn't count there), and probably only because of the target finder (Even though the dual band scope works just as well in my usage, even better with Variable Zoom).

• Re: Lets talk LMGs

LMGs are my fave group and the only Diamond group I have.

banned-again

id like to see the lmg's get a tiny buff im convinced the first few shots you fire dont even register as hits which can mean alot in this game, out of 4 of them the mk-48 is my favorite.

plus when using a lmg class your slower than every other class even with lightweight on so to use them effectively you have to find choke points and setup or play defensively which the majority of players classes as camping and since the only acceptable play style is run and gun people stay clear of them

banned-again wrote:

id like to see the lmg's get a tiny buff im convinced the first few shots you fire dont even register as hits which can mean alot in this game, out of 4 of them the mk-48 is my favorite.

plus when using a lmg class your slower than every other class even with lightweight on so to use them effectively you have to find choke points and setup or play defensively which the majority of players classes as camping and since the only acceptable play style is run and gun people stay clear of them

The only acceptable?

If it has a Bi Pod on it, then lay down and use it.

NickyFruitysMrs87

Put a pistol as your secondary and use that to sprint. When you're in a place you want to be switch weapons.

blarkw

I love LMGs, they are my favorite class by far but do have limited use on these smaller boards. I use the hammer a lot and put a laser sight on it for hip firing and it does make it a bit more nimble but my biggest complaint is the damage. It just seems a bit week for what it is.

For HC it isn't a problem but for core, when I emply a half a clip from the hammer into someone that just doesn't seem right. In all past games this has always been the case. I have always said they need to up the damage. Not a lot but a fraction. make those large rounds seem large. You shouldn't have to reload after 1 or 2 encounters.

obzi

If it wasn't for LMGs I'd have given up on this game by now.  I dislike the runaround spray and pray smg metality and anyway, LMGs are a million times more fun.

i love the LMG's almost done leveling up the Hamer than ill have them diamond.. id have to say after playing with them all.. the LSAT is the best.. but the hamer is gret for long shots since the rate of fire slows down

LMGS are fun to play with. I play HC CTF and sometimes i just want to use my MK-48 with the FMJ. That thing is a beast! I don't even bother when the enemy calls in a chopper, cuz i put em down instantly with my bullets.

I also play with the QBB, despite the crazy recoil it seems to me as a mix of a SMG with an AR. It's powerful, fast and much lighter than the MK-48. Its a great weapon as well. People just stick to they SMG's and never change,  its so boring.

i want them to stick with smgs.. i position myself to to beat them all the time lol.. yeah the QBB was... interesting, it had its moments, i had to burst to manage recoil, and crouch, i just wanna get this hamer leveled up  so i have diamond and just use the LSAT, and move on to AR's to level up..

but yeah,  if you have a good headset, try using the LMG with awarness, you will destroy.. people will think your hacking, but really you can hear all around you lol

oh and i recommend a silencer on them.. i know fmj is nice to take down enemy support, but i notice i get my score streaks easier being off the mini map.. but if you play hardcore i guess it doesnt matter

Joco3000

I run and gun with the QBB, and whan I have the right attachments unlocked (Quickdraw, Rapid Fire, Laser Sight), it is easily one of the best CQC weapons in the game (In my opinion). It is also (Barely) usable at long range. I run and gun with it no problems, the laser sight helping in a pinch.

The only other LMG I have used for any length of time, the MK 48, is a monster at long range thanks to it's low recoil. Low fire rate, sure, but that isn't an issue when you can drop them in three perfectly aimed rounds from some distance away.

dtuchpunk

So far only used the Mk48. Will try the HAMR this prestige. Permant unlocked it.

Hope it's a bit like the RPD from MW2 best lmg so far in the cod history

belly120

I LOVE LMG'S!!!!!!!!! they are kick ass fun, mk48 is great, LSAT is also very good but i have just fallen in love with the HAMR.  to maximise them i run primary gun fighter with a sight of some kind, normally a EDTECH then FMJ so i can smash air support and kill snipers that cower behind cover when i let rip and finally stock or quick draw.  lightweight is a must for perks as is toughness.

i've even found that on the tight maps a laser sight helps with those surprise situations when you come face to face with someone unexpectedly. 

basically they are great i've almost 2nd prestiged fully the mk46, lsat is on its way and the HAMR won't be far behind

i think SMG's are a honey moon gun, yeah brainless idiots will always sprint round hip firing but ya can only be a talentless idiot for so long before you want a challenge and LMG's are very powerful but also vulnerable so its a nice natural balance

I love the MK48. It is a beast and is great at locking down key areas with signifigant sight lines. Combine it with a riot shield and you will really annoy people.

I just recently stopped my run and run strategy and doing nothing but KC and switched to CTF using MK48 with Target Finder and FMJ. LOVE IT. My K/D ratio has went way up, I contribute greatly to the game by playing defense and holding off the enemy from our flag. I'm guessing most games no one plays defense, everyone just runs around the map and I have no trouble picking everyone off. It's almost like they are surprised someone is playing defense.

GoDevil3rd60th

I was accused of having a modded controller twice today. I was pissing off the snipers with my MK, variable Zoom and quickdraw. LOL. They were hopping mad. I said "what good does a modded controller do, with an automatic weopon?" Didn't receive an answer to that. I love my MK !