16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 8:07 AM by MrFluffy949 RSS

Tired of having 4 bars and being significantly behind...

ColdChilln88

I always have a four bar I have great ISP verizon fios fiber optic. I constantly get out into games with people who are no where near me but I still maintain a 4  bar  and I am always lagging way behind these people. I watch kill cam after kill cam where I'm seeing a guy and shooting him where  my scre en says  he is but in  the kill cam it shows meshooting way off to the side nowhere near him he isn't in the same place in his game as he is in mine.  I kno I kno lag comp buy I'm tired if having great connection all the time even though I'm connecting to god knows where and still being behind. I mostly end up getting into tons of lobbies with people from Puerto Rico or seems and in way up ob the east coast idk . Im done

• Re: Tired of having 4 bars and being significantly behind...
    ColdChilln88

Tons of spelling errors my apologies. On a mobile device

Feel for ya

Recently I have found the game un playable.  I never normally quit a game but recently I have started to and everytime I quit I find out I'm the game host.  If I'm playing and I'm something like 1 -10 i know I'm host..I quit and the game migrates hosts.

I hate quiting games because I don't want to actually spoil it for everyone else, but where is the fun in just being cannon fodder? 

Seeker_84_

The only way i can have some normal games is with a big party from my country. If one of us hosts we have almost no lag; and also if other people are not that far away - even hosting is not as bad.

As soon as the party is smaller and matchmaking does its magic, the game is same crap as always. Host lag; lag comp, seconds behind; shooting people in back - 180 boom you die; fire 20 rounds killcam shows you not firing at all; standing 5 meters away from your position in killcam...

stumcgru

Hopefully this will be sorted for July... Cause it's been like this from day 1 for me and its only coming up to 2 months..  It's like they r trying to alienate people... For me I have 1 good game(I shoot ppl first and they die) 9 bad games ( my gun has turned into a water pistol) Funny how treyarch/activision don't acknowledge this is happening... PS3 in DMZ IS NOT SAFE!! PORT FORWARDING DID NOT HELP ME!!

Raketti

This is happening more and more now that the christmas noobs aka kids aren't back at school yet and they are online all tye time. Don't get me wrong the game has lagged for me ever since patch 1.03 but now it has gotten to a new extreme. I was on a holiday trip for 1,5 weeks and started playing again yesterday, only to notice that in most playlists and lobbies i get there are parties of children or teenagers enjoying massive lagvantage while i seem to shoot only blanks.

I'm also quite confident they will not do a dam thing about it, maybe they will try but they cannot patch something that is fundamentally broken. If they could, they would've fixed the 2 previous lagfests called BO and MW3 by now.

TRU11

just watch out for those 2 or 3 bars fellows on the other team.

they will  appear out of nowhere and kill you lol.

or you could be firing at them , only to see on killcam you never pulled the trigger lol.

MrFluffy949

I have the exact same problem. I never really quit games on previous CODs if I was taking a beating but in Blops2 I quit game after game after game until I get one with a decent connection. Seems I play French people a lot. I really like this game when the connection is good so I keep on trying. Ports opened on router, DMZed, firewall off completely, get shat on by the lag comp again and again.

Weird cos before the first patch the connection seemed great. I bought the season pass but eh I don't think I will be buying the next cod game

Oh and this is 4bar vs 4bar too, I am always significantly behind. A 3bar vs me is unstoppable.

stumcgru

Or just pretend its not really happening just like TREYARCH/ACTIVISION... have they acknowledged the problem that we r having?...

h1r0l3r

No cuz that would mean they didn't do their due diligence and test all this crap out before releasing this **** game. I've been contacting the support line for weeks now and every time they always say it's something wrong with my router or ISP or whatever. I've made all the changes they asked/proposed and still nowhere near having a decent game. Every single game I struggle and this crap about emptying clips into people while they 180 me and kill me with 2 bulletts is pure ****. I've never had to watch so many kill cams before in my life and virtually all of them have me looking somewhere else and getting shot in the side even though I know I was shooting at them first. This **** needs to be fixed now and it's quite clear that Activision/3arc are just side stepping the issue.

stumcgru

I totally agree... If I buy a scratch card I have a 1 in 5 chance of winning but if had knew before this game I had a 1 in 10 chance of a decent game where lag comp is for me, I would not of bought this game. I now know that when I have a good game(not very often) I'm getting the better of the wonder at is lag compensation, not much skill in this game just horrible lag comp., but what have treyarch/activision done about this.... Nothing, what are they gonna do about this... Nothing(they have to get as many ppl as possible on this game at any cost so they can count the money. Nerf good connection Boost bad connection)

Debacker91

I had a whole week problems with the lag.

So what i did , i installed the texture to my HDD ( for some people will it work if you remove it )

I download a program namebench , this program search for the best DNS.

It taked a few mintues to find the best DNS. Started my ps3 up and putted the DNS in it.

Start up a match , guess what ? I didn't lag anymore. Give it a try , btw i use wifi.

Not 100 % sure  if it will work for you , it do his job good for me.