48 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 2:46 AM by COD_WIDOW RSS

These are the people who now play your game.

Paddi

I don't like camping, but i get why people do it. It doesn't bother me nearly as much anymore.  I'm someone who needs to move around a lot, and theres people who can't do that.  When I think of camping though, I see someone sitting in a corner, or maybe sitting in the back of the map with a sniper.

I don't think of 3 people sitting on a roof with only 2 entrances, loaded up with equipment and just waiting.  I mean, is this what the game has come to?  Has it gotten so bad over the past few years, that players now feel they need to play like this in order to win games?

I can't even go into SnD without atleast running into 1 person who thinks its funny to sit in the corner with a Riot Shield, and greif with RPGs.

Honestly Enough is Enough.  I know we can't eliminate camping, and I'm fine with that.  As much as I hate it, it's in every FPS, but players shouldn't be allowed to do things like this.

• Re: These are the people who now play your game.
    CowboySr

I dont want to sound like I defending this kind of playstyle, but who cares? I wasnt counting but maybe hes not very good at the game, but cares about helping his team win. I'll take this lil F on my team any day over the bastards that go 8-30 and you lose by 2 points. Of course Im talking TDM. Again I wasnt counting but it seemed like he was like 7-3 and his team won by like 2 points. If I see a camper who doesnt move there is like 6 different ways to counter him. Smoke, concussions, C4, scorestreaks, grenades, or just let him sit there and do nothing. Then he has no affect on the outcome. It should be about winning first and he may be helping in the only way he feels he can.

This right here.

The aim of the game is to adapt and win, if you can't do that then you will sorely lose. It's like when people complain about quick scopers, if you seriously can't beat a sniper rifle with an SMG/MG/LMG then you have serious play-style problems.

All you do is watch the killcam, use either a grenade or your gun and take them out, it's not that hard. In fact, it's easier to kill a camper than it is to kill a run-n-gunner. The simple fact that they don't even move from the one position makes it so easy it's funny.

Even after all that you have to take in mind that in real life scenario's, the army would rather camp in a safe location or a good firing point so they take less casualties and get a better shot on the enemy. Camping is a tactic, albeit an annoying one but, as i said, you have to adapt to win.

r8edtripx

CowboySr wrote:

If I see a camper who doesnt move there is like 6 different ways to counter him. Smoke, concussions, C4, scorestreaks, grenades, or just let him sit there and do nothing. Then he has no affect on the outcome. It should be about winning first and he may be helping in the only way he feels he can.

Sure, there are ways to counter campers, but they are so annoying. I know the map Terminal isn't in Black Ops 2, but that map springs to mind; Snipers are beyond annoying when they're behind that counter with a tac insert.

dweez1988

I havent seen camping that extreem in any of the games I played.

It's a freaking joke!

I would get so bored doing that.

Audiophile

And this is the exact reason I have a special class JUST for Plaza.....armed with concussion and C-4.....toss a concussion - if it stuns someone I follow it with C-4.....repeat as necessary because the class also has scavenger.....they typically either rage quit or leave the lobby as soon as the match is over and they have gone 2-20.......problem solved

robrod

This happened to me the other day. What I do is run a danger close class and just toss nades all day long up there. Concussions and frags or stickys. Its quite fun and rewarding to clear a whole camp out. If you cant kill them try to get your tearm to just completely avoid that area. Then they get mad and try to actually play. Thats when things get humorous.

Yunck

When i first started i would camp trying to figure things out. I dont as much now, but in situations i will mostly in objective based matches. Patience is definately a virtue to do this though. I have to move more often than not now lol.

creaper21

And in the end, one flashbang would have made him go away.

I would also rather have him on my team over some idiot who is blindly rushing around, making us lose.

Restore_Hardcore

I would rather have a camper on my team who finishes positive than a wannabe runner who goes 10-23 like it was mentioned above. I hate being on teams when they don't bunker down and hold an area of the map and they just run into the enemy like they're suicide bombers! If your team is getting shot up then it's time to bunker down and make the enemy come to you. I'm not saying hide in a corner for the rest of the map, just quit running into the area they have locked down! All you wannabe runners need to learn how to play the game and quit going 8-25, seriously. Go play core.

jeepchick

I ran into that exact same scenario on the same map with them holding up in the same location (overwatch's outside the main spawns). Sensor Grenades and double nades got them out, then I just watched the ladder and caught them numerous times trying desperately to get back up there. They eventually gave up. GG no QQ.

I wouldn't play that way...but to each their own I guess. They are easy kills anyhow. Whenever you have a nade then just toss it up there...BOOM...dead camper!!

gallp13

Who cares kill him move on.

avngr9

People (and by people I typically mean children) do the stupidest, weirdest things on these games.  I was playing on Cargo a week or so ago and I was running around as usual and kept hearing these explosions real close to me.  Scared the crap out of me and I'd turn around but I could never find anything.  After a couple times I finally saw what was going on and realized it was a kid on the other team that would spawn, switch to launcher, and blow himself up...

WHY!!!!!????

He seriously went 0-120 something... just speechless...

Stumperud78

I honestly believe that we're seeing more camping now because the maps themselves are getting so unbelievably small that there's no point even running around anymore on these maps.

I'd love to see maps that are the size of a small city or a village sized map, rather than a map which looks to be the size of a small office building. Might not stop all the camping but at least it'd give players a bit more freedom of movement and more tactical choices.

Tifosi92

Agreed, when I saw this, my first thought was, "If 'run-n-gun' wasn't such a powerful style of play on this game, people wouldn't camp this hard." If one person could cover this whole spot, then you wouldn't have three people up there, simple as that.

The more they up the ante against people who like to camp, the harder they're going to try. People need to understand that camping is a viable tactic in any non-objective game-mode, because kills are the objective, and players are within their rights to do whatever necessary (short of glitching) to defend their lives. If you don't like the way people are playing, leave and set up a Custom Game. That's why they exist. I'm not a camper myself (I play objectives whenever possible), but in non-objective game-modes, I don't have anything against campers. If you don't go over to them, they won't get any kills--it's quite simple, really. If you're going to complain about campers, complain about the morons who keep going over to them to give them kills, because if people left them alone, they wouldn't score any points.

The map design is perhaps the biggest flaw, though--we need sight lines on the scale of Afghan, Bog, Fuel, Seelow, and Poisson again, where ARs and LMGs would be the most effective. There are plenty of great SMG maps on this game already.

Ch1chaa

Care? Don't go up there, simple as 1+1

r33k

happens all day, every day on plaza.

like a previous poster said, danger close. frags and flashes all day up on the roof. you wont see me, but i'll kill you because i KNOW you are there. so go ahead and sit like a coward in the corner. you will die either way.

nicedrewishfela

Not an issue. There are multiple attack routes for that rooftop, as there is pretty much any camp spot on this game.

EMP grenade followed by a frag, then use dexterity to climb the planters and take out anyone who is left.

This is nothing new.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I only play Core TDM and I approve this play style.

starbuckfrack

I dont like campers either on EITHER team.

But I know at least 20 ways to tell where they are as well as some of the new deterents they got against campers in this game.

Sounds like someone is getting butt whupped too easy.

same old "I get killed by a camper" thread.

Adam1234567893

Campers are okay but garbage campers really piss me off constantly hiding in corners and 2 opening rooms exploiting the spawn system only using strong or "overpowered" guns and not to mention they use perks that make them almost invincible, the worse part about garbage campers is the second they die they go on these forums and complain and lie and cry until they get their way. Even worse they complain only about the things that hinder or kill them now if a Call of Duty is made just for them like MW3 they constantly tell people to learn to adapt that's funny as hell, how can you tell someone to adapt when you can't even adapt yourselves? Learn to adapt garbage campers. Campers who play to have fun don't ever become garbage.

Ezcru

Who the hell plays TDM lmfao.

KC/DOM = VSAT/lodestar/swarm owning their campy ass. One death from their hidey hole and they start spawning in the open = repeat swawn **** = camper rage quits.

Oh and I love it when I pull out the FAL to counter them using a FAL/sniper/LMG and they get all mad. They can't handle getting killed by a camper, but they don't hesitate to use the same tactics to up their virgin-ass k/d

bawi

This is exactly why I love Plaza. This right here, is as good as it gets.

MP7 with Silencer & Grip Or Extended Mags

Flak Jacket & Ghost

Toughness

Tactical Mask & Dexterity

I run right up that ladder and walk out moments latter with a Multi Kill and lots of angry reactions.

See, the trick is to get in their collective asses like a stack of pancakes. Come back a little while after the first massacre and do it all over again.

yeah i stopped watching after 15 seconds, just plain boring. Pretty much anything will stop this guy. I actually love this map because all I do is run from one side to the other , climb on the roof, kill the idiots. So funny how many people think a bouncing betty will stop me from climbing up. Climb...Duck...Shotgun to your ugly camping face...see you on the other side of the map.

Maybe he has a disability and he can't play like everyone else. Its a bad playstyle yes but he doesn't get many kills this way.

rsturp

i had the same problem on that map the other day, but they was 4 people on the roof they didn't move the full game, lucky for us there two team mates was rubbish so once we got are hellstorms and lighting strikes we just dropped them right on top of all for of them.

Paddi wrote:

I don't like camping, but i get why people do it. It doesn't bother me nearly as much anymore.  I'm someone who needs to move around a lot, and theres people who can't do that.  When I think of camping though, I see someone sitting in a corner, or maybe sitting in the back of the map with a sniper.

I don't think of 3 people sitting on a roof with only 2 entrances, loaded up with equipment and just waiting.  I mean, is this what the game has come to?  Has it gotten so bad over the past few years, that players now feel they need to play like this in order to win games?

I can't even go into SnD without atleast running into 1 person who thinks its funny to sit in the corner with a Riot Shield, and greif with RPGs.

Honestly Enough is Enough.  I know we can't eliminate camping, and I'm fine with that.  As much as I hate it, it's in every FPS, but players shouldn't be allowed to do things like this.

So the guy takes position on a strategic part of the map (a snipers nest), gets more kills than deaths and his team wins. Well personally I see nothing wrong with that in a TDM.

Would you rather have him running around the map and taking more deaths than kills if he were on your team?