25 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 3:24 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.

I can't join any games that are just starting. All of them are almost finished or completely unwinnable. Stop rage quitting.

  • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.

    I stopped playing this game solo and only with a friend. The majority of games solo were unwinnable from the start due to being put in progress down big. With a friend, we're usually tied or winning. It's weird but I like it.

     

    But when I did go solo, I always quit/dashboard before spawning in and even after 10x in a row no warning.

  • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
    icyzyon

    Tell the little butt buddies who prance around with their full parties to stop stomping.

  • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
    spanky'smonkey

    got dropped in a losing game. got myself an agr and won the game on top of the leader board. play smart, play hard and you can bring a team back. or just quit and stfu.

  • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.

    I'm glad they fixed the probation BS, I was getting warnings and time outs for host migrates.

     

    W/L means nothing to a solo player because of the pub stompers. Just try to relax your feelings about W/L and worry about personal performance instead mate. That will give you something more credible to think about in TDM, or if you are an Objective player, then don't worry about overall stats at all, just take things a game at a time.

    • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
      WKMMS

      COD_WIDOW wrote:

       

       

      W/L means nothing to a solo player because of the pub stompers. Just try to relax your feelings about W/L and worry about personal performance instead mate.

      ^^ this..

       

      I run solo a lot of the time playing Domination.  Sometimes I get paired up with people who know how to play and work as a team, sometimes I get paired with with clueless teammates or killwhores who don't want or know how to play the objective.  I just do the best I can, try to have fun, and leave it at that.  

  • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
    banned-again

    I will stop leaving games when they fix the following problems

     

    1) spawns and spawn trapping/killing

     

    2) lag which is sometimes so bad I take one step forward and end up going 10 steps back

     

    3) they add a spawn immunity from killstreaks

     

    4) add a option wether to join a game in progress or not

     

    until they fix stuff like this i will continue to leave games no matter how much you and other people moan and cry

    • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.

      banned-again wrote:

       

      I will stop leaving games when they fix the following problems

       

      1) spawns and spawn trapping/killing

       

      2) lag which is sometimes so bad I take one step forward and end up going 10 steps back

       

      3) they add a spawn immunity from killstreaks

       

      4) add a option wether to join a game in progress or not

       

      until they fix stuff like this i will continue to leave games no matter how much you and other people moan and cry

      Short version = Waaa Waaaa Waaa.

       

      Carry on rage quitting n00b, nobody cares.

      • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
        banned-again

        hahaha I take you are one of the people that think there are no problems in the game or your one of the people who enjoy spawn trapping the other team

        • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.

          banned-again wrote:

           

          hahaha I take you are one of the people that think there are no problems in the game or your one of the people who enjoy spawn trapping the other team

          Wrong on both counts, I'm one of the people that enjoys the game for what it is walts and all. I'm an average player who plays TDM most of the time.

           

          I tried out spawn trapping on BO1, but it wasn't my bag.

           

          I play solo most of the time too, so spawn trapping really isn't an option for me even if I wanted to.

          • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
            DaddyTinman

            COD_WIDOW, spot on.  For those who quit games using a predetermined criteria, they need to stay in single player where they can reset every mission if they aren't getting what they want from the game.  Nothing to do except refill their slot when they vacate a lobby/match, however.

             

            It is a video game.  The quitters quitting only reflect on the quality of person that they are, not the quality of gamer. 

  • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
    ImOld6reg

    before you join check the scores, if the games lost simply dont join a team.  Sit in spec and go take a piss or get some food. You take up space so other players dont join the lost game, you dont get a loss for the game because you never spawned, it will kick you for being afk.  rinse and repeat.  The better way would be to do match making by KDR and not SPM.  Terrible horrific players can easily get high SPM and be throw onto teams they are dead weight on, thus making a lobby people leave causing this problem in the first place.

    • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
      filthy3627

      Good point, but if a player has a high spm how are they horrible? What i am trying to say is that (Take my girlfriend for instance) she has a k/d of .85 and a spm of 350 and the reason is because she plays mainly dom and she goes for the objective. It is not her fault that her team will  not help cap a flag  and she is the type of person who IS going to make it her mission to get that cap. Now i know she could slow down a bit to minimize deaths but thats just her playstyle. She walks away from every match she plays around15-18, 20-25 but with a minimum of 7-8 caps and plenty of defends. Like I said, most of what you say is true but not all players with a bad k/d are horrible players.

      • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
        Stumperud78

        filthy3627 wrote:

         

        Good point, but if a player has a high spm how are they horrible? What i am trying to say is that (Take my girlfriend for instance) she has a k/d of .85 and a spm of 350 and the reason is because she plays mainly dom and she goes for the objective. It is not her fault that her team will  not help cap a flag  and she is the type of person who IS going to make it her mission to get that cap. Now i know she could slow down a bit to minimize deaths but thats just her playstyle. She walks away from every match she plays around15-18, 20-25 but with a minimum of 7-8 caps and plenty of defends. Like I said, most of what you say is true but not all players with a bad k/d are horrible players.

         

        A player doesn't necessarilly follow the objective even if they have a high spm. I've seen players with 3-4.x k/d but with a w/l ration of 0.crap. In other words, fragfarmers/killcampers/tenthuggers/pronedogs/asphaltlickers, whatever you wanna call them. So yeah, high spm players can be horrible in the sense that not everyone with a high spm do the objectives, but rather join objective games to rack up kills. Yeah, horrible. The spm system is flawed on so many levels it's rather sad, to think that players who got 0 caps/defends/plants/fuses can walk out with a higher spm than anyone who's got 10 caps/def/plants/defuses (you get my point).

         

        Blame the score system for including the players who only does one thing, camp for kills and ignores the objectives, really.

  • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
    Razed88

    Like others have said... I leave because the matchmaking is sometimes appalling. I think that if I am given no choice as to which game I get forced into, I shouldn't be given 'probation' for backing out if that game doesn't take my fancy.

     

    I will quit back to the search screen if I join a game already in progress and:

     

    - Not only are my team behind considerably but I die straight from spawn because there is a Stealth Chopper, K9 unit and Swarm active at the same time as the team I'm on sucks.

    - I walk forward and move back 2 steps because of lag.

     

    I don't mind joining a game if the opposite team are about to win because once they do win I get XP for finishing the game but if the game is only half way in and I'm dying constantly because of scorestreaks it isn't fun.

     

    I will go back to the search screen when I join a pre-start lobby if:

     

    - There are 6 people all in the same party together or there are multiple people all from the same clan.

    - There are people talking in a foreign language. This is supposed to be social. I don't want to be in a lobby with French Canadians or Japanese people when I am in the UK.

    - I hear a male kid speaking on his mic whose voice sounds like a girl - This game is for 17+ in the U.S and 18+ in the UK. I have no problem with 13, 14, 15yr olds playing as most are fine (I was at that age) but I do have a big problem with a kid who is 7 years old playing.

     

    Make the search function more specific and it will all be fine. Allow searching by region (so you don't get lag unfairly being forced on to a U.S server if you are in Europe). Allow searching by 'new game' or 'game in progress'. Allow filtering by ping time to the host. Punishing you for leaving early from a game you had no choice in entering is wrong.

     

    Oh and also - I will rage quit if my team is loosing but only because I'm getting 6 hit markers while using an AR and the other guy kills me in 3 shots of a SMG.

    • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
      starbuckfrack

      Razed88 wrote:

       

      Like others have said... I leave because the matchmaking is sometimes appalling. I think that if I am given no choice as to which game I get forced into, I shouldn't be given 'probation' for backing out if that game doesn't take my fancy.

       

      You are playing the same exact game we all are.

       

      You dont see us getting probation.

      • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
        DaddyTinman

        And we live with whatever our KD ratio or SPM or whatever stat is the Stat Of The Day.

         

        We understand when the game goes against us and we stick to the match. 

         

        There should be a visible stat on the players in the lobby of Match Back Outs.  Now, that would telll you what the lobby is like!  Maybe even a Match Completion Percentage.

         

        Those that roll over the opponent, racking up hundreds of kills, can't stay in a game when the shoe is on the other foot. 

      • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
        JetEye

        We may be all playing tihe same game, but we definitely aren't all getting the same results.  The game just runs better for some people than others.  If I am getting insta killed, if I'm firing marshmallow bullets, if I'm getting spawn raped, I'm quiting out.

        • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
          starbuckfrack

          JetEye wrote:

           

          We may be all playing tihe same game, but we definitely aren't all getting the same results.  The game just runs better for some people than others.  If I am getting insta killed, if I'm firing marshmallow bullets, if I'm getting spawn raped, I'm quiting out.

          As I said

           

          We are ALL playing the same game you people are.

           

          You think your are the only one that gets instakilled, or shoots marshmallows ?

  • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.

    I think they put in probation to try and force people to stay in a match with a **** host. 

     

    Didnt work.  I am going to back out of any game where I am dying instantly, or hits are not registering.

  • Re: THIS IS WHY THEY PUT IN PROBATION.
    creaper21

    If they removed the BS, I would stop quitting. Until then, I'll be keeping my .1 W/L ratio.