27 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 8:07 PM by ghamorra RSS

Aim Assist Is Too Strong

ghamorra

This problem exists on both sides of the game. Obviously removing AA would just make the game nearly impossible, but turning it down a lot is something I think is needed

Shooters Side:
We've all had it happen to us. Trying to fix on a target far away and getting off the first few rounds when another enemy cross the path pulling the gun off the target and into open space. Now that the enemy isn't being shot he follows the shooters tracers and...

Enemy Side:
Aim Assist is working beautifully for this guy. He sweeps across his screen and locks on. Normaly he would have easily ran his crosshairs past the guy shooting him but AA stepped in and kept it from happening. All he had to do was pull the trigger for an easy kill

• Re: Aim Assist Is Too Strong
    Izjar11

Aim assist, something that really should have no reason to be in the game. I've felt my weapon move by its self on ocasion and it simply tells me that someone just walked in front of me even through walls. I removed it and I feel no difference in firing.

TRU11

yup hip firing can be done even at medium range and well you can blindly walk into a room and spray away lol.

heck you can be aiming and firing at someone, that persons notice it and starts strafing, person starts hip firing, aim cant keep up for some reason, you die.

also should i get started about snipers not even propper ADS and picking people off lol.

heck some are even hipfiring the 1st sniper lol.

Highwayman0226

Have you ever experienced aim assist trying to lead your target?  I'll be ADS waiting for those red dots to come around the corner, but when they do, aim assist moves my sight out in front of the guy instead of letting me do it.  Now I'm fighting aim assist, so my first couple shot don't land.  I've just given my position away, and what could've been a triple kill results in myself being the only one to die.

I've considered turning it off, but I'm pretty sure it's helped me more than it's hurt me.

GRIZZ11283

i think remove it all together, if it was removed you'd see who is actually good and who isn't.

lag plus aim assist is what causes those "i shot him in the back and he spun around and killed me".

what happens is while you're shooting he spins around and his aim assist pushes your weapon to the side,  causing you to miss while his weapon locked on.

this is the "balance" people talk about.      if you're with an ar and you're in smg "range"  his aim assist will trump yours.

aim assist should only kick in when your sight is maybe one to two red dots from the enemy,  regardless of weapon.    that way you actually have to aim,   and are assisted only to keep on target.

the only difference between weapons should be mobility,   speed,   accuracy,  rate of fire and damage.    not "ranges" picked by the developers.

95% you and 5% aim assit will reward accuracy.  it's now 95% aim assist being trumped by weapon "ranges".

Atleast you all have aim assist. It doesnt work on my game and it absolutly angers me that people can just point in my general direction and spray and pray and kill me.

i love being traced through a wall because of the aim assit lol

Turned my off a long time ago when I found out that it was causing more troubles then good due to my play style... nothing like trying to kill one guy in this tiny maps (hijacked) and the gun sundelly go off to the horizon on someone else that just ran by and the initial person that I intended to kill killing me instead. I thought this was a type of feature that should be turned on and not come enabled out of box.

ghamorra

It can be really helpful in fast paced affairs where you having to move and dodge a lot, and can help at long range when trying to make those miniscule adjustments. However, when it's too strong you end up having BS deaths that you would otherwise not get.

I think about SMG users who do 180 spins and lock on to your chest and take you down with absolute accuracy, or the sniper who's constantly scoping in and getting triple kills almost like his gun is being guided by God himself.

It takes the fun out of the game when no skill is needed to do well. I'm all for helping out but it needs to be done as unnoticeably as possible

RAMBONER

uI was going to post a similar topic.  I was messing arond sniping the other day and turned AA off since it was messing me up if more then one enemy was in my site.  The next day I played a lot and had forgotten to turn it back on.  I actually called my buddy and told him that something was wrong with my game.  It wasnt connection or any sort of lag my accuracy was just a mess.  Close and mid range I could not stay on target but long range was about the same.

Finally that evening I saw a final kill cam where aim assist pulled a guy between two enemies and I rememberred I had turned it off.  Amazing how easy the game was with it back on.  It is way more helpfull then I ever knew and the game would be much better with it off.   It should have no place in multiplayer. 

JC480

The ONLY thing they should change is to STOP it working through walls.. because that part is retarded. Especially when they are using FMJ!!!  But apart from that it's not too bad and remember you can use it too if you want, so it's even.

LOL to kids that think aim assist shouldn't be in console FPS games. I assume all of you have never played with a mouse and keyboard before. Theres a REASON why its present on consoles and not on PC. Dual thumb sticks aren't exactly the best things to aim a virtual gun with.

TRU11

ofcourse its not the best thing to aim but thats when skill actually kicks in lol.

and its strength should be put alot lower then it is right now.

hip firing and QS are at an all time easiest lol.

LTSHiNySiDeZ

Dude your such a douchebag troll.  Every comment you make is being a complete dickhead troll.  Saying people need to stop ********, people are stupid.  If you don't like the forum post then go somewhere else.  People like you are the reason these forums are useless.

believe me ghamorra is one of the biggest a$$3z on this site. izjar is also high up in that list. ghamorra thinks he is prestiges cause he can spell, izjar argues like a baby with anyone who disergress with him. and that qu33rtEN will b1tch at evertbody for fun. those 3 should get banned.

ghamorra

You only have 2 posts, how do you know I'm a troll?

Oh, that's right you're on you 4th or 5th account because you keep getting banned for your complaints and rants. It seems that you're the troll and so bad that you can't identify a decent conversation between a group of people

Mojo33

FYI (and don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting GANGnaM's post by saying this), but READING the posts of others does not increase one's post count.

Therefor, it IS quite possible (although unlikely) that he's formed his opinion of you after having read each and every one of your 5,922 posts. He may even actually be on his one and only account, and may never have been banned at all.

Post count is a very poor method of judging a person's character.

Just sayin'...

Carry on.

3.32 k/d 530 spm 9th prestige troll here. Sorry that I know what I'm talking about.

YouAreHow

oppenents my DoMINaT3 to assist aim need I

ftltc

Yes so the F*king snipers can no longer quickscope. This is really f*cktup with the snipers. +1

you know whats sad.. before CoD majority of FPS / 3rd person onsole shooters never had Aim Assist..

Socom 2 (3rd person) was one of those console games that never had it, and it was a very successful game in its time (ps2)

now adays the fps genre is marketed towards the casule teenage whiners group that need help to aim.. i bet majority of the MLG players would suck with out aim assist lol

EVEN on XBOX they have "auto-centering" installed on there controller to help, how does that effect FPS games? it helps manage gun recoil, by auto centering for you, in which how you would normally adjust your thumb stick to do it your self, the controller does it for you.

dont believe me? look it up...

I think one of you people mentioned aim assist on snipers.Well there is absolutely none I can still quickscope but I do admit it is hard with the slow ADS speed.But if your gonna talk about snipers and aim assist there is no aim assist on them. If you think this is a new account I just started getting on forums today. PS3 Player here.

ghamorra wrote:

We've all had it happen to us. Trying to fix on a target far away and getting off the first few rounds when another enemy cross the path pulling the gun off the target and into open space. Now that the enemy isn't being shot he follows the shooters tracers and...

That is my least favorite occurance. A true WTF moment.

ghamorra

It happens at least once a night, and nothing is more frustrating. You have this guy as close to dead as possible then something completely out of your control comes in and there's nothing you can do, you can't adapt, and you can't prepare for it. It just happens