37 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2013 11:47 PM by LTSHiNySiDeZ RSS

are you like me and so tired of this game?

killerturnerstoner

this game is broken and its crap. the lag the cheaters the money i spent on this crap. . they don't care any more about making a good game just getting your money. they fix noting about this game.its very unplay-able . thanks for making this game crap.......

• Re: are you like me and so tired of this game?

Just made a thread with almost the same title. Lol totally agree

I also complained. I agree

ghamorra

Today I was on an 8 man team going up against 3 people in a Domination. We were not playing Ground War. I give mad props to one of the guys though, he stuck it out till the end going 3-40 something

MysticJon

I'm sick of all the issues with CoD games, like glitches, hacks, lag/lag compensation, hit detection problems, etc and how nobody ever seems to be doing anything to fix them. Dedicated servers would solve the whole lot of problems, but no, Activision is too cheap to give their fans the best gameplay experience that they can.

So you know what? Forget it. Its easy enough for me to just not buy CoD games anymore and play other stuff. Thats just what I'll do. If Activision ever wakes up and makes the changes that they need to make, then maybe I'll come back, but until then, I have plenty of other games to play.

i_am_legend

no i am not tired of this game but i am tired of rage quitters and complainers, lol. the lag IS an issue but hopefully it'll be fixed soon or else no one will buy the next 3arc COD game.

even the zombies mode has numerous leaderboard issues and the players dedicated to that part of the game are starting to quit. hope your listeningggggg 3arc!

MysticJon

Lag has nothing to do with the developer though, thats what people don't get. When a Treyarch CoD game comes out, everyone blames Treyarch for the lag, and when an Infinity Ward CoD game comes out, everyone blames Infinity Ward for the lag. Now to be fair, Infinity Ward did create the lag compensation patch in Modern Warfare 3 that Treyarch also now uses in Black Ops II, but all of these issues can be easily fixed by Activision if they switched the online portions of the game to run on dedicated servers. Dedicated servers would solve each any every gameplay issue in CoD, except for weapon balance and no one seems to care. Activision just sits back and makes loads of money while the players blame the developers. People need to wake up and get on Activision to do what needs to be done.

ghamorra

Dedicated Servers are not practical for a game this size. It would cost way more money than most people think. Activision's not being greedy with this, they simply could not afford to run Dedis for CoD

MysticJon

They have the money, they simply refuse to go through with it. Trust me. I've spoken with people in the industry that assure me Activision has everything they would need to implement dedicated servers, they just aren't doing it.

And on top of that, if a small company called Insomniac Games can manage to have their Resistance franchise run on dedicated servers, Activision has no excuse.

ghamorra

Does Resistance have 6 million people playing per console across the world per console? Does Resistance have a multiplatform game that? Does Resistance have 6 titles that still get widely played?

There's are several factors you have to include

MysticJon

Resistance had that many people playing across the world back when it was in its prime, except it was a PS3 exclusive.

Resistance had a total of 3 titles that were widely played, again, back in their prime.

Insomniac Games is also a smaller company than Activision, with less money and less resources.

I'm not trying to get into an argument here, but I know, for a fact, that Activision has what they need to implement dedicated servers. They simply aren't doing it.

BanHaMMer

A RF0M player, everything you said is true. For 3 years RF0M & RESISTANCE 2 COOP dominated the PS3 Platform and had an average player count of 2.5 million per 24 hour cycle. They only had to bring there servers down once a week for maintenance, and you had ingame moderation, no latency and a trouble free franchise.

RESISTANCE 3 only had issues because the alpha code testing was rushed due to the PSN being offline for 6 weeks. They were fixed within the first week though and no latency.

I really have a reason to blame Trollyarch about lag issue.
        I'm living in Vietnam,an Asian country with poor internet connection.But i'm still played well with MW3 with 3 bars ping connection (90% of games).And with IW's search method was used in MW3,it's gathering all the players from near country like Japan,Korea,china,Thailand.So,it's not so lagged at all.

But with the Trollyarch brilliant seaching/matchmarking method,i always have to play with guys come from US or Euro country like France,Russia and it's damn lagged (with 70% with 2 bars ping,20% with 1 bar and last 10% for 3-4 bars ping connection)

So you gonna tell me that i should never blame Trollyarch about lag issue ?

I gonna tell you that they don't know how to make multiplayer gaming.Maybe Activision should consider about let IW is only studio who make online/multiplayer COD.

BO II is the last Trollyarch's COD game i bought.

LTSHiNySiDeZ

Well there wouldn't be rage quitters if it weren't for the lag issues.  Maybe the issue is deeper than you can really understand.

josh1073

Honestly yes im done with it, its bs when a guy on a constant 2 bar goes 40 and 10 50 and 17 just because his internet is crap. There is no skill in cod games anymore its who has the worst connection wins. i had 30 days on cod4 30 days on mw2 5 days on waw less than a week on mw3 and over a day on bo2.

The game is so horrible its not even funny and the fact people who have premium broadband get punished is just the final nale in the coffin i aint buying any dlc.

Anyone who says this game is good is....

kurt24

Lag comp has been a problem since BLOPS 1, little worse in MW3, and now unplayable in BLOPS 2.  But they are getting more people to buy because the playing field has been leveled.  What they dont understand is eventually when you turn away all the hard core gamers you will be left with nothing and no hype for future titles. 

TRU11

i never came to the COD forum before MW3.

even with MW3 i wasent complaining and i was more reading what was going on.

this is te first time im actually active involved on this forum because the lagg is seriously pissing me off.

couple that with the ridiculously high aim-assist and the lack of Hardcore modes like dom or HQ and you can probaly guess im not happy.

i am however pesistent and giving them the benefit of the doubt but once some major PS3 titles start dropping in 2013 well this game wont see me as much as i used to play it.

i had the same with madden.
    i used to play the normal modes and online ranked alot but since the last 3 years i just stick to those 3 to 4 games of the leagues im in.

Why are you getting mad if you admit the game is broken?

That is like getting mad at a quadrapelegic person for not being able to walk. It isn't their fault it just isn't something that they are capable of, you are expecting too much.

This game can be amusing, it's like the Matrix. You know when Morpheus is explaining to Neo about agents that everyone who stands their ground dies, people empty entire clips at them and miss. Somehow some people in this game are the agents, and the rest of us just get screwed.

Haha, was just playing last night saying "I'm getting so sick of this game." People are starting to camp more, and the inconsistant lag is pushing me to my limit. Only thing that keeps me going is my quest for diamond smg, but what will happen after that? Who knows...

wrecku

The game does not measure up. If you really enjoy gameing you can easily see that the collection of issues just kill it.

This game has an adult rating but I believe it's aimed at children as probably 80% of the people I play with are well under the age requirement.

I can see the advertising for the next installement. Why get a babysister when you can just by BLOPS3.

ChestSplittah

wrecku wrote:

The game does not measure up. If you really enjoy gameing you can easily see that the collection of issues just kill it.

This game has an adult rating but I believe it's aimed at children as probably 80% of the people I play with are well under the age requirement.

I can see the advertising for the next installement. Why get a babysister when you can just by BLOPS3.

They might as well.

MysticJon

Nothing will ever change so long as we all keep buying the games. Think of it this way. If you spent one million dollars to develop and release a game, and then the game had some issues. Next year you spend one million dollars to develop and release a slightly different version of the same game and it sells just as well. Would you go ahead and spend two million dollars to develop, release and fix the issues in the next game, or would you just spend the same one million dollars because you know its going to sell either way?

Yes, Activision is to blame 100% for the lag, latency, hit detection, lag compensation, etc by not running the game on dedicated servers. But at the same time, we all keep buying the game anyway, so why would they make any changes? Its not like they're motivated to do the right thing by us, all they care about is money, or else they would have fixed things long ago.

I'll not be buying another COD till it gets dedicated servers.

fantasmo

Game is nice but the shitty team balance, shotguns, snipers,lag comp and refusal to patch and fix glitches are killing it for me. Im not buying MW4 or whatever garbage IW throws out and I may not be buying BO3 or w.e.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

i'm having a great time except for the fact that i seem to run into a lot of people using lagg switches. or at least that's the only reason i can see for what's happening. one player running around in god mode while the rest of us keep getting the "disconnected" prompt.. then gameplay resumes. i once had a guy taunting all of us over his mic. "oh, how do you like that? wanna see it again? how did you like that one?".

other than those guys, the game is pretty much enjoyable for me. i realize i'm in the minority, seeing how this forum is for complaints.

they will keep making these games as long as all the complainers/suckers/etc keep buying these games. i did not buy my copy. i swore this series off after being disappointed in BO and MW3.

i continue to play this game...i don't know why, i'll admit it's pretty dam fun. but it's the small things that are really starting to wear on me...

things like my ps3 freezing randomly even POST 1.04!, matchmaking bugs like getting kicked out of parties or put in random games even while with a party or party looking disbanded or seperated even though it's not, sound issues that require a system restart, latency/delay issues, lag and lag switchers, the game being dominated by sprayers and SMG players...it's just really starting to become a taxing hobby and will most likely stop soon.

This is a sad thread. Not for the content, but for the fact that this game has folks writing threads like this in the first place.

Being a capitalist, I have no issue with people making money hand over fist for a product they work hard to create and market & sell to the masses of fans in the genre. More power to 'em... BUT with that comes the responsibility of those men and women to support their product and take care of their customers...to fix what is broken so their "happy customers" can enjoy what their hard earned $59.99 payed for. This is mostly what caused me to shelf this game in favor of BattleField3 but the first kick in the balls came when they PROMOTED nuketown then abruptly STOLE it back. That was shady, crooked, thievery and it told me all I needed to know about how the powers that be at Activision/TreyArc operate.

All in all, I could suffer through the bugs and issues if they were responsive to their paying customers and showed they were actively working on the fixes. But it's not the case here and they've not shown the capacity to operate their business in a manner consistent with keeping a customer from feeling let down or ripped off.

In short, I just find it sad that when all the issues began compounding the general consensus among the forum members was "They are not going to fix it...", and "They don't care...". I feel those statements are accurate and fare. They're likely working hard on the next installment of the BLOPS franchise.

There is something you can do, though. Shelve it for something else and don't buy another game from these people again. Your money talks louder than anything these guys will ever listen to.

Sad.

(sorry for the grammar and spelling errors....no proof reading)

CallOfDutyFan88

overall i think this is a decent game with potentail to best the best in the cod series, shame that its plauged with tons of bs techical problems, overly camper friendly maps/overly nerfed guns due to all the crybabies crying about the guns they dnt use. mw3 and the orginal blops were better games from a multiplayer aspect. which is 95% of the game for me personally...

Cry some then still BUY the next COD next year!

You guys should all just give it a rest already. No ones listening.