33 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2013 8:59 PM by BryanNnned RSS

Quick scoping

Does anyone else think its a cheap tactic?

Quick scoping takes full advantage of the aim assist, which i feel is wrong as the quick scopers dont even have to fully scope up.

my suggestion is aim assist should automatically disable when using sniper rifles.

Whats your thought on it?

• Re: Quick scoping
    ghamorra

Some would argue that there's no aim assist for snipers. There's no irreputable evidence that points either way. I say QSing is actually easy without the fast ADS times that the MW games give you

there is aim assist ive used one, thats my point QSing is easy, so why do snipers get easy mode just because of the aim assist?

ghamorra

Aim assist is really strong in this game for all weapons. I haven't tried QSing in a real match as my journey with getting Gold hasn't made it that far yet, but I do plan on using snipers here soon and I might try it out just to see how easy it is outside of Private Matches

Highwayman0226

I really don't see that many quickscopers in a day.

I see loads, had a lobby full of them, could say they rage quit, because me and my friends were owning them, there argument was we were using machine guns lol.

I can deal with them easily enough, its just the principal of them going easymode, because there skill less, then using the calling sign of a loser, your a camper lol

Parties/Clans r the worst, if they dont all QS, there will be at least 1

ladylucina

danielalan

This is not an issue at all. I hope there is strong aim assist on snipers! I've tried to get good at this, but just can't do it. There's clearly no unfair advantage given to snipers.

Quick scoping is something that annoys me, simply because of how impractical it is. You have guys with fully automatic rifles cowering in corners waiting for someone to run by, and people with sniper rifles running around the map quickscoping for cheap kills.

It's a sniper rifle, use it the way it was meant to be used. When I play Drone or Turbine, I actually pick a position and search using the scope to pick out and kill targets. That's how it is supposed to be, IMO.

put it this way, everything in COD is possible (in some cases in the future), maybe very unlikely, but all possible EXCEPT quickscoping. its not physically possible to do it as frequently as it happens.

You just said you killed a group of qs ers. I love to qs but you better believe I can do better with a smg. Tell me a group of the BEST qs ers can beat a group of AVERAGE smg ers, and i might feel bad for you. And for all you people that say snipers should play like real sniper, well give me a bigger and more open map and maybe il use the weapon the way it was intended. Yea you can do good qs ing but its a handicap.

macca_96

How to you take advantage of the aim assist? Doesnt seem to make any difference to me wheather its on or off

BryanNnned

quick scoping doesnt have aim assist the 1st second that you scope in. you're statement is wrong and you're bit`ching about it cause you cant do it and u always get killed by quick scoper.. stop playing cod maybe?

BanHaMMer

BryanNnned wrote:

quick scoping doesnt have aim assist the 1st second that you scope in. you're statement is wrong and you're bit`ching about it cause you cant do it and u always get killed by quick scoper.. stop playing cod maybe?

Stop playing COD???? LMAO QS is for n00bs...

BryanNnned

lol.. are you kidding me? quick scoping for noobs? if it is noobish then why faze clan is so famous if quick scoping really is so easy? why not u try quick scoping and go get a double/triple swarm in a single life? i can barely get a swarm when im rushing with a sniper. but when i use SMG i could earn 4.5k score in a single life.. 65-0 in one round domination..

wrecku

If your a 10yr old then its cool,  but really its just noob garbage right up there with the target finder. Little kids need it both of these to survive in the game. I wish they would all go back to the Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii were they belong.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

it was easier for my son to learn to QS than to learn to snipe "correctly". his exact words were "this is so much easier than aming for real". LOL. i tried it in the past and found the timing easier to learn than leading/predicting enemy locations/correct placing on the map/etc. you can just run around and win gun fights all day long. i got bored and quit.

YouAreHow

scoping hope mean you do

MysticJon

To me, quick scoping is a glitch, which is why I refer to it as glitch scoping. All it is, is a way to exploit the aim assist to get near guaranteed kills. Not terribly difficult to do. It can be done with shotguns as well, but you see much less of that.

If it were up to me, I would change sniper rifles so that you can not fire them while you are in the process of looking down the sights. You can scope fire or you can hip fire, but you can not fire in between. Would almost completely eliminate glitch scoping.

Highwayman0226

Finished a match a couple hours ago, on Carrier.  Final kill, the guy Hardscopes (using the gun the right way).  The lobby laughs at him for not quickscoping.

I think aim assist should be completely removed from all guns, just my opinion. It would make the game harder but obviously doesn't appeal to the masses. I've never tried quick scoping until this game and yes if you miss you die. Though it's a good "in your face" I think it's fairly inneficient