7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2012 7:01 AM by bkblazer RSS

HC CTF Is it reportable or just crappy teammates?

I have experienced it way too many times now where I am 5 steps from capturing the flag and one of my teammates shoot me.  At least half a dozen times over the weekend this happened where they went for the capture.  Then last night I had a teammate take me out and run with the flag the wrong way, the rest of the team had the others spawn trapped and were beating the crap out of them, at least 3 guys were 60 plus and 1 was 80 plus on his kills.  I was just trying to finish the game.

• Re: HC CTF Is it reportable or just crappy teammates?
    zingaa

Could have been boosting, but playing objective anything with randoms is brutal, I avoid it like the plague. I prefer domination but refuse to play with randoms if I have no "friends"on, I'll usually go KC or FFA.

r33k

if it was the last flag of the match, then they probably wanted to spawn trap. you get 200 per kill while you hold the flag.

if you kill a team mate with the flag, you get points deducted from your score. so thats on them. but yes, this is common trolling and has always been that way in CTF. if you really want to play some serious CTF, you have to either have the game on release day or wait till the idiots who play this game find something else to do. which is about a month or so after christmas

bkblazer

I'ld say reportable if they want to boost kills instead of playing the objective and teamkill to do so.

xmrythem

that sucks man. I've had it happend to me a few times. Normally that person doesn't last more than 1-2 games in the lobby due to TK'ing out. I finish the game every chance I get. I play for SPM not KD

r33k

it also increases your SPM since you are spawn trapping with a flag.

some notes:

if your team is up one match and you have 2 caps already in the second match, you should be taking the flag and killing enemies with it instead of capping right away. you will get insane amount of points and score streaks. if the enemy team manages to cap one flag during that time, then you can put on a running class, grab a flag and then end it. but since you are up in the match, you get the spoils of victory and that is to get 200 per kill.

bkblazer

I don't understand your reasoning. First you said "If you really want to play some serious CTF, you have to either have the game on release day or wait till the idiots who play this game find something else to do." And then your next post gives notes on how to play like an idiot. Its a garbage and crappy way to play the game. I will not hesitate to report a player or players that choose to exploit. Then its up to Treyarch to be judge and jury.