32 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2012 2:38 PM by MR-FREEZE-OPS-2 RSS

Rage Quitters Beware

squity123

hey everyone

i was searching through the file dump thing and came across these

You are currently in probation for leaving games early. You can play Public Match games when the probation time expires.

You are currently in probation for leaving games early. You can play League Play games when the probation time expires.

You have earned probation for quitting out of Public Match games too often. Finish games completely to avoid probation.

You have earned probation for quitting out of League Play games too often. Finish games completely to avoid probation.

Completely finish games to avoid being placed into probation. If placed in probation, you will be temporarily unable to play Public Match or League Play games.

This could be the end of raging as we know it

Found out how you get Proabition : Quit a game of League Play.

Message was edited by: squity123

• Re: Rage Quitters Beware

That will never happen,you cant tell me I cant quit if one of my 3 kids need something,or if Im not having fun playing the game I payed 60 bucks for.I quit when I feel like it...nanny nanny boo boo stick your head in doo doo!!! BWAHAHAAAAA

You can rage quit but, you have to complete more games then you quit. It would be nice to know how the system works as far how many games you have to complete to counter the one game you quit.

Also search is a great tool

Pro tip: When you join a game late, BEFORE you select a class and spawn, hit select to see the score board. If your team is losing/game is almost over, hit start and leave the game. If you DON'T spawn into the game, it does not count towards your win loss nor a probation strike.

sennalike

Good.  I'm either on the bad side of lag, get screwed or end up rage quitting myself, or I am on the good side and the enemy rage quit.  No win situation.  My understanding is the probabtion lasts for five minutes so those saying "ah what if my baby needs feeding" well that takes more than five minutes, unless you stick the bottle in the moth and leave them to it.  Also, great parenting skills playing on a PS3 while in charge of a child, hope they dont disrupt your gaming too often...

wrecku

I'm guessing you would have to quit every second game before 3arch did something. I don't see them paying to much attention to their beta.

steel_talonz

I wonder if this community actually influenced Treyarch to implement this system... People these days...

TRU11

this doesent count if you quit a game.

its when you dashboard its when you get this.

as long as you dont pull the internet cord you should be fine.

mn7_la

I can see your comment got washed out amidst all the blind "hate 3rd world" shout-outs.

Do you have a link or some source for me to read that 3arc / AV actually intend to only probate dashboarders (those that pull out their internet connection - not ones that simply quit).

MN

Ya, don't rage quit, because my stats got reset because of that (I Guess) So Don't Do It!!

Quit several games this morning and never got probation...

But wouldn't matter if I did get it. I'll still quit any game I don't like because dude's are lagging hard. How about you kick the laggers instead of trying to force us to play a scam.

If the probation is any longer than 5 minutes, I'll stop playing COD and never buy from Activision again.

Highwayman0226

It's ironic that average Joe CoD is punished for leaving a game because someone in the match is boosting a puts up dogs, a swarm and a warship.

Fix the cheating and the lag and you'd see WAAAAAY less people leaving matches.

ChestSplittah

What's your point? We all know this was happening and they stopped on PS3. This won't end anything. Other than people playing this game.

hyper72

Rage quitting is at an extra high because people are sick of getting shot by people they have shot a whole mag into then get drop instantly back with no efforts. Ive quit so many game since black flops2 release lost count.     Game is just rubbish...... Spend more time on here looking for answers and moaning than playing that cant be right. Listen to the community please ffs...... Off the Farcry 3 bye.

Frank_D

At least a couple of times during a gaming session, BO2 decides to take a dump and I either time out due to a bad connection, or the game freezes(still!).  I also get disconnected from the servers. This is not due to my internet. I have around 30 Kbps down, 5Kbps up, and < 20 ping.  I don't think they should take any punitive action on this until they can get their game sorted out. If I EVER get a ban I will never buy an Activision product again, and I will sell this game back.

BTW..dedicated servers would make rage quitting a non-issue.

ots_dj3nvy

If they actually fixed the lag rage quitting wouldn't be an issue.

WhyNoName

I quit a lot of games due to the simple fact that the games I do quit, are absolutely unplayable.  If they ban/probation me from a game for quitting the games their super terrific matchmaking system puts me in that are nowhere near playable, then I'll happily sell my game and never again give a cent to Treyarch.  Their support has dropped off the face of the earth and now it seems like they are only going to worry about their beloved DLC.  Might be nice to fix the game, more people would buy DLC and less people would be quitting games....  just sayin.

LOL.. at this post. I've quit so many pubilc matches its not even funny.. Still no probations yet..

GolfHacker27

People rage quit due to lag, cheating, abuse.

I havd been dumpedd mid-way into several games where several of one team have quit. But it is easier for Tryearch to chase those who were p'd off enough to quit, than look at the reasons why.

Easier for Tryearch to punish those who refuse to endure the BS issues and problems, than to FIX THEIR issues and product defects.

BukLau101

What about when you're on a team with SSers who are single handedly causing the team to lose or you are in a laggy game or if you have something better to do or because they've been dropped halfway through a game on the team losing 50-175 and 30 secs later a swarm gets called in.

_Orvidor_

Probation has to be one of the dumbest thing any game could have done in history .. The devs must have been  smoking something when they came up with this one ..

I put myself on probation .. I haven't played BLOPS2 in three weeks and I haven't been missing it .. My plasma loves me - upgraded to a better surround sound, larger plasma with 3D experience = amazing glossy/liguid viewing - not sure I wanna ruin that tv by playing video games - I guess they should have been more concerned wth screen burn in and not punishing players who exprience lag and been buying a crapload of blueray movies (probably spending way to much cash, but I don't care) .. Spent most of my holidays watching movies and/or hanging with family ..

Just watchin xplay reviews of best games of the year .. They really seem to like Farcry 3 (have never played it, maybe I should check it out) ... BLOPS 2 was mentioned a couple of times .. When you have players complaining about your game, it's no big deal .. At least they are playing your game .. But when reviewers start ignoring your game, what does that say to you ?? Being the largest franchise out there, if you want to remain on top .. You better start doing stuff that keeps you there .. Things like probation doesn't keep you there .. Crap like that makes you look imature and not very professional .. Just saying .. Haven't been playing so who knows, maybe the whole lag thing is fixed for me ..

Anyhoo, I hope everyone has a super New Year .. Looking forward to seeing what the worlds spews out in 2013 ..

Pitch_Fork_Devil

I've rage quit soooo many times and yet to get this probation message, I'm not sure how many times or how often you have to rage quit

Pitch_Fork_Devil

I've rage quit soooo many times and yet to get this probation message, I'm not sure how many times or how often you have to rage quit

Pitch_Fork_Devil

eleven1181

I wanted to know how many time you have to rage quit to get probation, so last week i tryed it out rage quit 20 times in a row waited till i had at least 1 kill or 1 death then i got bored and still no probation so who knows how many times you need to do it but it must be a lot.

Maybe its gone. I havent played in days because its so bad. When it firstcame out i was warned but i didnt even quit any games, players in my party did so your guess is as good as mine.

hi.......i'm a RAGEQUITAHOLIC, ive been suffering for quite some time, treyarch offers me no help, they would rather help the third world countries connections than help poor suffering me, i see no end to my addiction sadly, ill battle on quiting every game sorry to you folk who see HOST MIGRATION every time i leave, but just be thankfull i exit with honour.......peace out.