14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2012 2:30 PM by Shadow_Alq RSS

Where the hell did he come from?

I've been getting this alot more lately. I will be running along and then bam dead. The problem is when I look at the killcame the guy that killed me was standing right in front of me and I never saw him. It's not like he was standing behind something either. He just stood out in the open and killed me and I never saw him.  I can deal with getting caught with my pants down from behind but it's ridiculous to not see someone standing only a few feet away from you. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm going to guess it's lag but does anyone know more about this? Usually even with lag I at least see the person when they killed me.

• Re: Where the hell did he come from?
    huntingnoluck

I used to have this all the time in mw3. On bo2 I can only think of 2 times that I have had it happen and it was in the last few days. Both times on hijacked, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I am just goin to assume like you did that it is lag.

Out

On MW3 this happened  regularly ...On BO2 i can only remember a time or two that it has happened ....and like huntingnoluck said it was on hijacked,  and the game was laggy from the start

Shadow_Alq

It happens a lot to me mate!..

But what will we say, or describe it!? That we didnt see a guy that "should" be right in front of us!? Most people wont believe that I guess!..

But there's something yes!.

ghamorra

Two things:

1) Lag - Seems that you can die almost instantly in this game all lag aside, throw in 500ms of lag and you can die by someone who isn't even on your screen yet

2) Camoflague - There are hard shadows in every match, some are worse than others. For instance on Overflow, Yemen, and Carrier there are parts of the map that are extremely dark so when an enemy rounds the corner you might not notice the slight blurr across your screen but since you're in the light they can see you easily and take you down

Shadow_Alq

Ghamorra, those are objective and rational hipotethesis! But I guess OP is talking of something I experience too: I would go more for the lag because sometimes it happens not in dark/shadow places!.

Its like they suddenly are in front of you and killed you, but you didnt ever saw them comming while you were watching that side.. Its a bit outrageous tbh!..

ghamorra

It happens to me a lot too, in fact in the MW3 forum I posted a conspiracy theory thread because I found it was happening to me soo much. It actually got a lot of support and many confessed to thinking the same thing. Maybe a few months down the road after Trey has been given plenty of time to work patches in I'll post another if things aren't changing

BukLau101

ghamorra wrote:

in fact in the MW3 forum I posted a conspiracy theory thread because I found it was happening to me soo much.

Sniperfrog??? Lol jk . I will agree that it is exremely annoying however.

ghamorra

It was nothing like that. I just noticed that games I played started out with me going on massive killstreaks. Once I had around 15 or 16 kills the game turned impossible and those who were at the recieving end of this and around 2 and 20 suddenly started killing me with ease.

After analyzing this closer I noticed that they were rounding corners shooting me even though I had Assassin on. My theory here was that players who were doing bad got a boost in FPS where as players who were doing good experienced a lower FPS making it so there was less time for a good player to react to his enemy.

BukLau101

The most likely explanation is once your killstreak ended you lost your rythm. Same thing happens to me all the time, I go on a good streak but once the streak ends I lose my rythm and every death seems like a bs death (lag probably doesn't help).

ghamorra

The overall thread was just to be fun and ridiculous, but it actually brought up a lot of stories that supported my thread. It was after that more and more coincidences started to come to light

Shadow_Alq

So,

Admitting this thread can change a bit I'll post other things that really happens to me and for which my only explanation is that it's the engine cheating me (us). Besides this issue (getting killed by dont know who, then watch kill cam, then I see they were in front of me but I couldnt see them wtf, really??), I have 2 more strange issues that I cant really understand:

--- The first one isnt easy to describe (English not my native language but i'll try) using an exemple: I see a door or I know I have a door for exemple at my right, I turn right but when im in position to enter that door itt happens those wtf moments where Im always killed: I cant enter that door, its like I crush against a wall, and while im thinking "wtf??" yes, I get killed. In Killcam I see a noob (me) crushing against a wall. Dont know if i explained it good but this is happening a lot to me (like 3-4 times a day). Its like the engine doesnt let me get inside that door because I was already killed in others point of view (with the lag delay), so I get crushed against walls. Everytime this happens BAM Im insta-dead.

--- Other one are the "magical grenades". I mean, there are a lot of grenade spammers, and there are also the frags that can slide, I know that, but sometimes there are magical grenades: I see the icon of the grenade telling me it's close but even If I start running for far away its like the grenade BAM explodes right on my face... Which leads me to the question: would I survive If I stood still?

As for today's note: im killed more and more through walls (dam todays evening was like 10-15 times, I had to turn-off my PS3). Snipers firing aginst a wall and im dead. SMG's firing against walls and im dead. Wtf?? I never get those kind of kills but im killed like this all the time...Really?? Today's evening was an WTF evening: I didnt get killed by people that actually was better than me and shot me in the face or something: was just stuff like this: magical grenades, getting insta.killed through walls, and crushing myself against walls where there should a be a dam door or window!...

wrecku

I get those WTF moments all the time. But hey its Black Pooops and poooop happens that shouldn't.

teelo

Yes I think it has happened to me as well, I just figured I was lagging and they were still coming around the corner on my screen while for them they were already there.

I think this has happened to me on zombies too.

Highwayman0226

I had this happen a few times just last night.  I looked at a doorway, then started to go up steps when I die.  The Killcam shows me clearly in the middle of the room when this guy sees me and he pulls up and shoots me as I'm turning for the steps.  I never saw him, even though he was right in front of me.

The worst though is when you KNOW a guy is right around the corner, so you hug a barrel and ADS.  3 seconds later he comes around and you start shooting as soon as you see him, but you are the one that dies.  This drives me nuts, because in no way is he supposed to win that gunfight.  You are already ADS and waiting, ready to shoot.  He is moving with his gun down, but he pulls up and kills you before you can even react on the killcam.  Terrible.