31 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 3:26 PM by brotsla RSS

Drop shot nerf

BOOMHAUER112377

Why?

It took me this long to figure most of my problem with this game. Wow. Just watched the YouTube video and it is pretty unbelievable. I could understand a little inaccuracy but that is ridiculous.

Lets see, a couple of kids wine on the forums and you nerf the hell out of it. The majority of the community complains about quickscopping so what do you do, you make it easier.

Hey Vaughn it seems your personal preferences are really influencing your work. "The footsteps in Black Ops are too loud" so big nerf. I wonder if you are behind the dropshot nerf, the awful lag comp, and the quickscope buff. I guess I'll have to change my playstyle if I want to be any good. But I don't think I will because judging by the lack of people playing this game and the amount of friends on my list that say this game is garbage I won't be playing much longer.

• Re: Drop shot nerf

how has the drop shot bein nerfed ?

if your talking about the dive to the ground this was a feature used in black ops and now this game

or is it the fact your modded controller no longer gives you the edge you had in MW3 ?

dweez1988

I don't really see a problem. I can drophot just fine?

you get a 200ms accuracy penalty when you switch stances.

So when you go from standing to crouch your bullets go all weird for a bit not on target at all (it's a random spread so you still may hit the target just now where you are aiming) and again when you go from crouch to prone.

The amazing thing I think though is that jump shotting isn't affected by this and it makes me wonder why. Because if you actually wanted to take a more accurate shot in real life the last thing you are going to do is fly through the air, you are more likely to crouch.

Same thing with lying prone actually increases the recoil in this game. They got the gun mechanics all backwards so I have had to relearn how to play the game.

I can't destory so its nerfed.

No, you just aren't being tatically smart and probably diving into rooms. Play smart, you wont have to "drop shot".

Of course his personal preferences will affect his work, he is makig a video game. I wouldn't want some one who doesn't play the game and has no personal feelings about it to make the game. That is just stupid. Also your mad about something 95 percent of cod gamers (if mot more) don't even care about. Why do I care if some chump like yourself can't drop shot as good anymore? Do you really think your wrak threats about mot playing this game will do anything? This game has a cult following and there will always be a ton of people playing. I just wish chumps like you would actually have the balls to stop playing and go somewhere else instead of bugging us here. Go buy a wii fit, that sounds right up your alley.

iivrruummii

You could always jump around everywhere.

BOOMHAUER112377

Wow personal attacks pretty mature. Watch the video. Why when you crouch you shoot 15 yo 20 feet spray but jump shot like halo and dead on. Sounds like a lot of headglitchers here.

It's not a personal attack it's the truth. No body cares about this. You shouldn't care about this. The fact that it bothers you so much means you shouldn't play this game. Try just shooting people normally. It works fine for the majority of the people who play this game.

danielbondnz

Yea Treyarch are the fun police, they have had a go at nerfing pretty much everything that good players do to be good at one point or another.

That is messed up, drop shotting gets an AR user out of trouble when facing QS or run like the wind SMG users.

It really is pointless playing this game increasingly, ADS is pretty much broken on AR's given the time it takes to transition <perk or attachment or not> Snipers have faster ads than AR's explosives are selectively nerfed, As others have pointed out Halo jumping over your head with instakill capability is fine though???

Due to lag issues even if you do get the drop in ADS the rounds get sponged, you have more luck hipfiring than aiming and trying to use some skill.

And yet people still defend the mechanics in the gamE? Go figure!

gzowner1

IF they nerf it than im pretty happy. I ran into a few psy drop shooters but not many as in Mw3 or BO. One thing i hate is when im shooting at somebody, and all they always do is drop like a crybaby. But it helps me in my headshots. Manage to get about 40 Headshots in about 6 games because of kids trying to be all that and sack of chips. They stop and learn to man up and shot like the 90 percent rest of us do.

BOOMHAUER112377

Why is it everyone has to play the same? "Man up?" Try it its not as easy as it looks. Oh yea you already know that but failed so instead of adapting you cry. And your right more headshots, so why is it a big deal if I choose to drop to the ground. Last time I checked this game is about not dying.  Manning up and standing there in war will get you killed. But this game does not look at reality does it. Try grabbing a 50 cal and pull it up to your face and fire, let me know how your face looks.

dominic242

quickscoping is a joke and i sincerly hope that anyone who does it dies a horrible death its ruined blops 2 for me every game is full of on both sides

f*ck you treyarch f*ck you i hope you all die in a office fire along with all you quickscoping f*ggot bum chums

Yeah I agree if they can bring back quickscoping, they need to bring back the dropshot from COD4 or WAW. Sorry but if abusing aim assist on sniper rifles is considered a skill, then dropshot must be the king of skill.. Hell I'll even take the dropshot from MW2.

dominic242

id love to see how many quickscopers were left it was changed to two shot kill to the body one to head u would all f"ck right off you p*ssys

dominic242

and i see drop shot as a legit tactic i dont do it but it doesnt bother me but in no way should a sniper conistantly beat a smg in cqb its a joke

That's is alright looks like I'll be jumping around corners instead, still gonna mess with people's aim.