Ness62

Hey,

Nerf sniper of planned ?

Sniper is cheat.

• Re: Nerf Sniper ?
    iivrruummii

Proof or it isn't.

Lol Snipers are fine I kill them hell of alot more than they kill me so if they get me once or twice a match its fine because I've already got like 10 plus kills on them by flanking them

I've never seen a sniper go super positive to the point where its gamebreaking, its always the SMG (mostly PDW) players that go extremly positive.

Snipers, Shotguns and LMGs need a buff.

iivrruummii

It depends on how you play with the weapons.  I went 30-3 with the XPR-50 on Standoff, but I hid behind the tractor in CTF the whole game.

I find the maps aren't really made for snipers, when i use a sniper then i have a disadvantage with all the clustered flanking routes on these maps and ghost only works when moving. Standoff, Yemen and Carrier are ok but still not that good as in previous CoD games.

This game was made straight up for competitive gaming, and no one uses a sniper in competitive matches.

Yes it possible to have an amazing game.but its a rare occasion. which just proves the point that its no OP does not need a buff. and just takes skill

iivrruummii

People that use snipers need to know how to use them to do good.  Quickscoping can be a useful tactic in certain situations but it has a big disadvantage if you try to quickscope at long range.  I dragshoot which could be considered quickscoping by some but I actually go into my scope 99% of the time before I shoot.

Drahcir_IA

I don't think Shotguns need a buff.  You can one-shot from good distance.  Same with Snipers.  LMGs could, but then again Target Finder on an LMG is just insane.  SMGs are fine, and definitely better than what they were before they got patched.  ARs are fine.  If anything, the Shotguns need slight nerf in range.  Just my thoughts

superbob

My griefs with snipers are that they decide they want to hit their shots once I get my killstreaks rolling. It is annoying when you confront someone with a sniper using an SMG/shotguns and they just quickscope you.

gezz ive had my main class nerfed cus of people saying they over powerd now we moved on to snipers then it will be pistols hell lets just go the whole hog and have all guns removed from the game there nothing wrong with the snipers in this game and no im not a QS but i do take my hat off to the people that are the best at what they do with them you should give them credit as it no easy acevment imo

what was nerfed? an SMG?? because the smg nerf was a joke and they skill wreck anyother gun out there.

But i wish more people feel the way that you do about snipers. it is good to hear once in a while

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

How about you just buff your skills?

The snipers are fine. They have one bullet while you can spray them with a full auto gun.

This is just incorrect. Time after time a sniper will spam me with a barrage of bullets with next to no recoil. And the most aggravating thing is when I spray bullets at them and am given hitmarkers while the sniper stands still, and he is STILL able to hit me. I distinctly remember in previous games that when shot and using a sniper, your scope and aim were greatly disrupted and it was nearly impossible to hit enemies, but now nearly every death to a sniper goes like this: I strafe round the corner and begin shooting the sniper, and get several hitmarkers, then die. What does the Killcam show? Me strafing and shooting, the sniper's aim being almost entirely unaffected aside from a flash of red, and then either a spam of sniper bullets with low recoil or a single shot.

The worst part is, it repeats in every single match. Not to mention my body decides to move back a few feet when I die, and on the Killcam half the time I'm just not where I was on my screen,

dweez1988

So the problem here is lag+toughness?

Other wise they have a enough flinch when getting shot.

Toughness is used by almost every player, sniper or not. I rather see this perk taken out.

dweez1988

Another one complaining about getting killed by snipers?

Dear lord this never ends does it?

Stop complaining and get better at the game

No, No it will never end.. the people who complain about snipers are just mad and wish they could do what we do. 

NoLifeKing29

The SVU needs to be tweaked, its fire rate is absurd. The other ones are fine, snipers dont do anything in HCKC to impact the game.

There is nothing wrong with snipers they are fine. Perhaps you should actually figure out how to beat them than complain on a forum about them. The only problem I have with snipers i the semi-auto ones that can get spammed at you. I have found that to be my pet peeve of this COD.

banned-again

nerf cheapscoping but not sniping if someone takes their time to line up their shot then great i've got no problems but cheapscoping is completely different I hate ploughing bullets into someone just for them to spin and drop me with one shot

I haven't been a dedicate sniper since Mw2 I use to snipe in all fps. Socom,Cs,Moh etc. Well the other day while playing on slums I ran out of ammo & picked up a balista with a dual band scope. Setup shop and went on 10 killstreak. I was like wow that was refreshing from the standard smg,ar,shotgun gameplays. So I deicide I'm going to get back into sniping now I've been doing very well sniping & going positive with no problems because you would not believe how many players continue to run at you from the front instead of flanking. I have 1 shot I need to make before my position is compromised even when im dead on make my shot there a good chance i get a hitmarker. I only use bolt action spamming the svu is cheesy.

lPikachu

They need kick when you shoot them, so many times you can be shooting at snipers getting a couple of hitmarkers then bank, there scope isnt effected at all compared to the kick you get when shot while using a AR

Arklem

I agree completely that the Snipers need nerfed. Anytime you can litterally just tap the zoom and fire and get a single shot kill or not even hit the person directly, just get close to them and kill them, something is broken and it needs fixed. Its irritating to play in games when they dont even hit you but get near your arm and you die or the quick scope method of tapping the zoom and firing a round and getting a single shot kill. Sniper rifles have always been an over powered weapon in the Call of Duty games. Its disappointing the creators have never took steps to correct this issue before.

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Nope. The snipers don't need a nerf. What you need is a buff in your skills. It will be easier to admit that you suck and you are incapable of killing a sniper even at close range. You need to admit that you are a bad player and your aim is so bad, you can't beat a player with a single round while you have a spray and pray weapon.

Twirlzv3

no you cant just tap the zoom button and shoot and get a kill at any time there is alot more to it then that. anybody that knows anything about sniping will tell you that before even hitting the zoom button we line up the enemy roughly into our crosshairs and then make a minor adjustment as we are zooming in or just after we finish zooming in. and that only happens if you are not dead already by a noob with an overpowerd fal, smr or been sprayed down by a smg etc

watch woodysgamertag on youtube and search for a video of his called dissecting the greats: dissecting optic predator

as for it being dissapointing the creators have never took steps to correct this so called issue, well honestly if they did they would loose ALOT of players and they would loose a hell of a lot of youtube advertisement from massive clans such as faze, optic, soar and more. you realy think they will change it because of a few people complaining they get outplayed by skilled players? doubt it!

Nelson100

Snipers are fine, quickscoping needs to go though. I snipe a lot, but rarely quickscope, and I do perfectly fine. Removing quickscoping would not break snipers like many here would have you believe.

SitRepPro

Just make hipfiring from sniper rifles an impossibility.  I always take a pistol when sniping and I should never realistically win CQC engagements upon relocating.  I do occasionally although I don't really on this ability.  If I don't like any of the pistols available to me, because of ranking up issues, then there's Overkill.

law091

I dont care about snipers, getting killed from long ranges is suppose to happen, just try not challenge. QS however is broken. Those who said that they can beat snipers who QS are going to have to go into details because you have less than a split second to do anything. Getting killed from one bullet in a split second at any ranges is broken. Only times I beat QSers is when I get lucky and they miss, other than that, I'm dead.

SandSeven

For the last 3 months or so, I've done nothing but learn the art of sniping. I've got something like 50,000 kills with other weapon types and 15,000 with snipers, so I've got experience with both. IMO snipers are not cheap, they are not overpowered, and they're a hell of a lot of fun to play with.

Those of you that complain at length about snipers are probably the same ones that continue to run like a headless chicken into the snipers long ass line of sight trying to spray from 100ft with your SMG. Just go around that line of sight. I know you got to put your head back on for a few seconds and think, but isn't it a better solution than complaining here in the forums?

Twirlzv3

are you serious? complaining about a sniper?
    Let me geuss your some try hard noob that runs around the map with a smg or shotgun?

you even actualy used a sniper? anyone that has actualy sniped more then just for fun in a couple of games knows how hard it is to do any decent with a sniper! if anything snipers need a buff! stop having a ***** over it! your only complaining because somebody can outplay you with a sniper! if you were any good at the game you would learn to flank a sniper and kill him and if he is a quickscoper get the **** over it and accept the fact that the guy using it has good enough reflexes and acuracy to do so! people that complain about snipers are the players that do nothing but try hard with regular guns all the time! takes ALOT more skill to use a sniper in a game!

SNIPERS NEED A BUFF NOT A NERF!

BAREWarrior

Topic started in DECEMBER.....brought back to life 6 months later. 6 months later crying about the same thing.....seriously?! Snipers are fine! SVU if anything needs a damage nerf. that should not be OHK in HC. Im sorry. The fact u can spray 10 shots and get lucky with one is BULL!

tdb71983

Several people have said the same thing.  But I'll add my two cents.  This is the first COD I have played extensively and I think snipers are fine.  I am an average player at best, even with an SMG, but I picked up a sniper about a month ago to try it out and I love it.  Its a hell of a challenge to compete with the AR and SMG, but it makes me feel good when I shoot the guy running around and spraying everywhere he goes and then he calls bull**** because he got sniped.

In my opinion, QS'ing takes skill... and time.  Lots and lots of time to get decent at it.  I doubt there are very many people that can go from SMG's or AR's and never using a sniper to QS'ing in a day and be good at it(I'm sure there are a few, but they are few and far between).   I am, after a month of solid play time with the sniper, finally starting to get decent at it.  I don't think I will ever primarily reg gun again.

tdb71983

Several people have said the same thing.  But I'll add my two cents.  This is the first COD I have played extensively and I think snipers are fine.  I am an average player at best, even with an SMG, but I picked up a sniper about a month ago to try it out and I love it.  Its a hell of a challenge to compete with the AR and SMG, but it makes me feel good when I shoot the guy running around and spraying everywhere he goes and then he calls bull**** because he got sniped.

In my opinion, QS'ing takes skill... and time.  Lots and lots of time to get decent at it.  I doubt there are very many people that can go from SMG's or AR's and never using a sniper to QS'ing in a day and be good at it(I'm sure there are a few, but they are few and far between).   I am, after a month of solid play time with the sniper, finally starting to get decent at it.  I don't think I will ever primarily reg gun again.

tdb71983

NorcalBob

I hope they nerf it considerably right after I complete my Diamond Camo challenge for that class- then yeah nerf the crap out of it.

galil_dude

Please TreyArch take the Ops out of Black Ops and make it Black Sniper, that way everyone has to play with the same guns. And no one will complain anymore. Snipers own all when it comes to 1V1 and spawn trapping

JAKOBurton

The great sniper rifle equalizer = Scorpion. The rate of fire "usually" beats the quickscoping garbage. Assuming, your accuracy is up to par.

deamonomic

JAKOBurton wrote:

The great sniper rifle equalizer = Scorpion. The rate of fire "usually" beats the quickscoping garbage. Assuming, your accuracy is up to par.

my pistol beats a sniper for rate of fire.... basically every gun beats a sniper unless A: your missing or B: didnt react fast enough or C: the enemy didnt miss and reacted faster.

JAKOBurton

Yes, everything beats a sniper in rate of fire. But, the "time to kill" for the Scorpion, Chicom CQB help beat out the quickscoping. From experience, the slower firing smg's and ar's seem to get beat, even with me shooting first. Since switching to the Scorpion and Chicom, I have been winning most of my cqb battles with quickscoping snipers.