7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 6:17 AM by zJaGeRz RSS

offensive emblem

sdredger

someone on my psn list has his emblem as a man taking a crap on the pakistan flag..

ive reported this as offensive (about 2 weeks ago) but he still has it...

would it have to be someone taking a crap on an american flag before anything is done?

• Re: offensive emblem
    zJaGeRz

1) If you find his emblem offensive why do you have him on your list in the first place? Delete him. Simple. Let's move on.

2) If you really think that Treyarch/Activision are really gonna temporarily ban him from the Emblem editor just because you reported him a few times? Well then you need to aquire some knowledge and learn that is going to take a couple hundred reports before they even do anything about, and even then it's a temporary ban and the deletion of the emblem. The is nothing stopping him from making the same emblem again.

sdredger

1) he was on my list as was an old clan mate, i will delete him, but first i am waiting to see if treyarch do their job. simple? probably not for treyarch.

2) i would of thought treyarch would take it a little bit seriously as it is could be seen as inciting racial hatred...

people from that region get pretty annoyed about anythin to with their flags and majority religions.

MW2 favella was removed due to some arabic writing in a bathroom.

zJaGeRz

1) As I said delete him. It is simple. As I said just because you reported him a few times doesn't mean they are going to ban him from the emblem editor. Again, it will take at least a few HUNDRED reports before they do anything about it. Also, if you think Treyarch/Activision has employee's that sit in a hot, smelly room all day scrolling threw the millions(if not billions) of players emblems and deciding if it is inappropriate or not then you are dead wrong. And, "do their job"? They are, they just are not focusing their resources on a 13 year old who made a stupid emblem. Instead they are focusing on more pressing matters.

2) See above. If this person has a racial hatred for Pakistani's then that is his problem and he should probably see a counselor to get that worked out.Here is my question to you. Just how many people in Pakistan do you think have a PS3 and Internet connection?

The whole Favella incident is a whole different story kid. Religion seems to be more important then racism. Religion also seems to be taken more literally then racism. Why? Because no matter what anyone does there will always be racism, same with religious hatred. But racism is, now, more accepted in society then religious hatred. If someone makes a joke about Jesus they are automatically a spawn of Satan. No, but that is what momentarily goes through a persons mind in that situation.

thebigb82

in reply to your second answer, just because people from a country might not have the game or play it at a different time, having a emblem of them shitting on a flag is offensive.

Its racism plain and simple

zJaGeRz

I never said it wasn't offensive. I understand that it's racism and it is simple. Racism is not something I support. What I do support is people being smart enough to know that complaining about it on a forum is not going to do much. I support smart people.

fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR1

What a dumb post. You have nothing better to do than cry on a forum because you don't like an emblem ? Grow up !

SUM1SLY83

I've got bog roll with an English flag on it I wipe my ass with it everyday and I'm from England, what you going to do report me.lol