48 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 11:14 AM by Killerswift8 RSS

People still complaining about lag...

Killerswift8

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS ARE HOPELESS!

Do you really think its the "lag" that makes this game suck?

HELLOOOO! NEWS FLASH!

THIS GAME SUCKS PERIOD.  Quit making excuses for this crap game.

Even when it runs 100% W/O lag IT STILL SUCKS!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

• Re: People still complaining about lag...
    iivrruummii

I actually like this game.  Much better than MW3 IMO.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

The game is okay when you're not on the bad side of lag. I don't find this game as exciting as MW3 though. I played MW3 and throughout its lifespan, I didn't encounter lag on 98% of the time. BO2 is a different beast. I was on the bad side of lag for a few weeks and it magically disappeared. I still encounter it every now and then but I rarely lag nowadays. The game is fun but it's not as fun as previous CODs.

Killerswift8

The worst part is....THATS A LIE! AND YOU KNOW IT.

This game is not even "Fun"  Its just "FRUSTRATING" thats what pisses me off the most....IT TAKES A LOT TO MAKE COD NOT "FUN"

if it were fun, even 40% of the time people would not be threatening to sue...

The fact is the Bad map design, weak spawns, lack of response from devs,  un original perks, un original gun play and over all unrewarding feel of this game is just un acceptable.

iivrruummii

The game is only as good as you make it out to be.  If you think it is crap then you will hate it.  If you like it like me, you might think it is one of the best like myself.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I tend to be more forgiving and I tried to overlook the maps, spawns, the radio silence, and other stuff you mentioned. The more you nitpick on the game, the more frustrated you will get. I am trying to enjoy the game now that my lag problems has cleared. I know things could have been better but there is not much you and I can do.

Killerswift8

Hey well I picked up "DRAGON AGE 2" and its AWESOME! So thats what I did...

This game has just pissed me off so bad,  for being sooooo bad,  I feel like I can't let the blatant greed and obvious fan disrepect go un noticed...

iivrruummii

Yet you are still on the forums complaining about how bad you think the game is because you suck at it.

Killerswift8

I love how thats people counter argument..."you suck at the game" yet you have never played against me.

The fact is im here CRITICIZING this game because IT DESERVES IT!...Its more fun than playing the game....thats how bad it is.

iivrruummii

I am 10th Prestige and after 7 or so days I have a subtle mindset on what needs to be fixed and what doesn't.  Most problems that people have with this game can be fixed through a couple of steps but it is the fact that people don't change the way they think or what they do and get mad at the game because they don't want to put the fault on themselves.  The only thing that is somewhat legitly complainable is lag comp but after a while you should get used to or adjust to changes.

And exactly how, praytell, does one 'adjust' or 'get used' to being consistently .5 - 1 second behind?

I've tried to adjust my playstyle.

I've tried different weapons, perks, attachments.

I've tried different game modes.

I'm old and my glory days of fragging everyone in FPS games has long since passed.

I'm okay with that, I can adapt (and have been able to so with success in other games for quite some time).

But short of strapping on a belt full of betties, picking up a sniper rifle and camping out (not my idea of fun), how exactly am I supposed to adapt to game that penalizes me for having a fast connection (which is neccesary for my job) - downgrade to crappy DSL?

Killerswift8

HOLY CRAP SOMEONE WITH COMMON SENSE!

Im have to throw a "great ball" at you because you are a rare one!

iivrruummii

I think it is the fact that you were so used to being so much faster than everyone else that now that you are on level playing field you are just getting out-played.

Killerswift8

no, Its because the game sucks.

GOOD NIGHT PEOPLE!!! and robots....and tools....

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Being behind is no joke, dude. I've been there and there wasn't much you can do. You're dying to what seems like 1 bullet yet he unloaded a clip on you. No adjustment of playstyle will work and you can't even trust what you see on your screen since they're not where your screens shows you.

I've been there and my KD dropped. The game is now playing smooth and I did nothing on my side. That means the problem is not with me but with the game. My playstyle when I was lagging is still the same playstyle that I'm using right now. My KD would have been a lot higher if I didn't lagged for a few weeks. My KD will hit 2 and even higher if I continue to play like this.

iivrruummii

I have been in many lobbies where I have gotten insta-kill the whole game but it happens less then 5% of my games.  But it is the fact that they blow it out of proportion, it seems like it happens 95% of the time for them when infact it is less than 10%.  It is like everything else that people complain about, they blow it out of proportion to make it seem like it is always happening and they cannot do anything about it.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

If it was 5% for you it was like 90% for me back then. It was that bad and getting a kill was a grind. The lag was happening game after game and I was at my wits end. I was mad at the game and 3Arch back then but it all magically disappeared one day. I am not exaggerating here and now that I'm no longer on the bad side of the lag, the game is now enjoyable.

I just hope I won't be on the bad side of the lag in the future.

iivrruummii

I don't know what to say.  I have not seen a difference.  I would need some video comparison PVR vs Theater to judge.  I might record some gameplay after New Years and compare it to theater.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I don't have regular gameplay videos of me when I was lagging as my gameplays are not spectacular. I was barely breaking even back then. I do have a video of what was the worst lag I experienced. It was right after the patch and this video was not from theatre but from my PVR.

Me and the rest of the lobby were red barring randomly but the problem disappeared the next day and it's been smooth ever since.

My games are now somewhat okay nowadays but I do feel that I still lag like on this kill confirmed vid. I feel like I'm dropping dead a little too fast on this video below.

iivrruummii wrote:

I think it is the fact that you were so used to being so much faster than everyone else that now that you are on level playing field you are just getting out-played.

Considering I only recently upgraded from my old DSL about a year ago (the same DSL I had few issues with playing the first black ops as well as battlefield) I don't think your first inference has any merit.

As far as getting outplayed, well, yeah ... I'm old (or did you miss that part?), but like I said previously I can adjust for that.

It's okay man; you pretty much tipped your hat when you mentioned your anticipation of MLG season coming up.

I think you can now safely remove your lips from vonderhaar's posterior.

Oh ... and Good Night.

No I am used to being the same as everyone.

I get shot around corners, unload clips into people without them dying etc etc and I still come out on positve on 95% of my games and top of the leaderboard pretty often. 

I'm not getting outplayed, I just think it's shitty that the game doesn't work as it should.  CS1.6 felt more real time, and thats like what 15 years ago?

I have no intention of getting used to garbage in order to play.  I'll just continue to complain until patches are released.

Wow... get use to playing something that is broken...

I do agree that the one big issue with this game is lagcomp. 

I don't mind the crazy spawns, as long as i shoot and kill the guy who just spawned 2 feet infront of me.

I don't mind being spawn trapped as long as I can shoot my way out.

I don't mind the hip firing spray and prey players or the camping snipers at the back of the map. I had to deal with them in Cod4 and MW2 and they were never a problem because I had just as good a chance at killing them with my AR as they did with their weapon of choice....

but the lag comp really has taken that one key thing away from me. I can't shoot my way out of anything..

There is no getting use to being half a second behind everyone.  At best I get a few kills shooting people in the back, but even then I have shot people in the back (as in put nearly a clip into them) only for them to spin round and I just drop dead.

I have a 20 meg connection at home, nothing amazing, but it works with other games just fine.  I also have fiberoptic at my girlfriends house and play on both and there is not that much difference with how bad the game is. I have done all the port forwarding etc etc.. makes no difference.

I know all online games have lag issues etc, but you only need to play cod4 and mw2 to feel the difference.

if we brush it aside and just get use to it and say nothing, how are the devs going to improve and fix the issue?

I want to love this game, but it's the one thing killing it for me. I don't think just getting use to it is the answer.

Message was edited by: darkwitness

eXxcursioN

I used to think like you mate and im on 10th prestige and its the longest period ive been on a prestige and I believe its because the game just isnt appealing anymore ...

Put it down to the amount of people ******** about problems and I have just switched off trying to tell them to wait patiently or the fact im burnt out of 7 days gametime.

You cant deny this game has flaws and those flaws outweight the good points.

I do like this game and it has potential but I dont feel defending it against their new lag comp tweak etc does it any more justice as the amount of people hating it is just too many.

There is no getting used to or adjusting to playing with a 1 to 2 second delay.  I mean other than just laying there and taking it there is nothing and i mean nothing you can do to compinsate that besides either going out and getting a second internet line with the slowest possible connection. You said somewhere that you feel  behind in 5% of games... well i feel normal which probably means im ahead of the enemy about 5% of the time. Just seriously flip the role and try to imagine it? 19 every 20 you are being insta killed. 19 out of every 20 games when you see yourself getting first shot, but actually he already killed you... It gets old real fast

gallp13

I like the game over all. One of the better Cods IMNSHO lag is not too bad provided you select a populace game mode and select best. I am region 1 after all......ha ha dophlin with ****

Sorry thought I would add the last bit to stay relevant to the squeakers...your know what I mean.

LifeSong1

I am just going to respectfully disagree with you and leave it at that. You can't have a logical argument and thus it is not worth my time to try and talk about this. Your mind is made up and you had COD. Please move on to other forums for games you actually like.

Have to say the lag in this game is pretty bad probably the worst I've experienced in any CoD . But it's not always bad so i just muddle through and try not to pull my hair out or punch a baby !

i like the lag please treyarch let a n00b kill me in a bullet