10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2012 7:40 PM by Ezcru RSS

Sometimes a loss is a loss, and other times it shouldn't count as a loss.

I know this has been a long going on thing since cod. But I am tired of people leaving games if the team didn't do well for the first couple minutes. And when that happens, I end up joining that game and get owned because everyone on the losing team left... welp that's another loss for me I guess.

Another thing is, when you join a losing game and the other team is ~30 away from winning.  Well that's another loss...there goes my W/L ratio.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Should Treyarch add a probation system to constant leavers?

Does anyone else think Treyarch should add a "loss prevention" type of system?

What are your guys thoughts?

• Re: Sometimes a loss is a loss, and other times it shouldn't count as a loss.
    trialstardragon

A loss is a loss the earned the moment you join the game and chose a class and being to play no matter at what point or time you joined. the moment you commit to playing that match, you are no more special or priveleged than anyone esle. So do not deserve special treatment when it comes down to your stats and how they are affected that match.

A probation system will not stop them, it is only a placebo affect, since they are removed from the playerbase for a moment in time. It does not stop it or lower the ammount of times it still happens or the reasons and never will.

kastro187420

Honestly, unless they give players the option of toggling a "Don't join match in-progress" option, then losses should only be applied if you were there for 50% or more of the match. Beyond that, you shouldn't get a loss. But likewise, you also shouldn't get a win towards your W/L. The match would, in-effect, not count towards your W/L at all.

Another thing I'd like to see is perhaps not giving you a loss if you've done most of the work for your team, but still lost. If your team, collectively, has less captures than you do by yourself, then clearly the loss was not your fault. If I have 7 Caps, and my team, collectively, has less than 5 (that is, 1 cap per player), then how can I be held responsible for my team losing? I'm not asking for a free win added to my account, but just not a loss either.

nicedrewishfela

If you play solo, you are going to get these from time to time. You are a single, they are going to use you to fill up a lobby. You have two choices... either do you best and try to redeem that room and pull out the comeback (I've done this before, not easy but can happen) or take that loss and then go back into the lobby and start the next match on even footing... or you can quit and repeat this process.

The first problem is that people quit way too much in this game. People don't know how to handle losing. I know there are "legitimate" reasons for quitting such as lag or connection issues, but I think we all know that the honest answer most times is those people just don't like losing, so they make an excuse and quit.

If you join and then quit again, you are part of the problem. It sucks, but it is necessary to keep lobbies running.

The solution is to get a squad to play with. Never have had this issue when I play with a team of 4+. We usually get put into lobbies where the game hasn't started yet.

Gerbera

I feel you should not be handed a loss unless you quit AFTER actually joining the game (as in picking a class and entering the game itself).

I mean, the first thing I do when I'm put into a game already in progress is spectate for a few seconds to get a scope of things; score, how people on my team seem to do, what the present situation is, lag-related stuff and all and if there's sort of problem (REALLY lop-sided game, noticeable lag problems, etc), then I choose to leave. People shouldn't be given a loss for that.

I think they should tweak this a bit. I have joined rooms where its like 65 20 and i start mowing them down but theres no way im gonna gap that. Also hate it when i join a room and it ends as soon as i join it winning or losing most of the time losing. .

Definatly needs tweaking, I was playing with a group of 4 people and we had a pretty nice win streak going and we got tossed into a Domination match that was mathmatically impossible to WIN.  2 minutes to play, can only get 36 points a minute by triple capping, and down 90 points..........  Oh well, there went the best win streak we each had so far.

I mean they should definetly have rules for quitting which is good so ppl wont rage quit so often and actually try, but what i think should be tweaked is when you added to a room that has noone in it just one person because they all rage quit or the gap is to big or like he said its impossible to win. .

yeah league play is like that i dont know how many game ive played were my team stars dropping out till only a couple left on my team we get slaughtered

and another thing in league play is starting a game and only two other players on my team against six

how is that fair redlicious