14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2012 8:43 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

Why you aren't getting your money's worth

ZeroUnlmtd

To be frank i'll just say it like this, Call of Duty is the biggest franchise in gaming history and yet they refuse to host dedicated servers and make everyone do the lag dance of death with this host swap peer 2 peer nonsense. They have more than enough money to host dedicated servers so that everyone can truly play a decent match. I'm sure everyone has had more games than none of showing green bars but still lagging insanely while one or two people are pub stomping because of being host. I personally found it amusing I set my search filter to Best Connection and somehow I get connected to players in the deepest reaches of dustbowl Mexico. I'm sorry but if that's where the best connection in the world is then the world has got some catching up to do. Dear CoD franchise , please stop pilfering our money and use some of it to host dedicated servers of your own for the millions of players who would like to play a solid session without being shot by kids who can run and shoot at the same time without stopping and kill you with their backs turned on you , all at the same time, i've searched the entire gaming menu for the perk that lets you do this but i'm afraid there isn't one. End this p2p nonsense please, thank you. God bless MW3

• Re: Why you aren't getting your money's worth
    DarkHero13

Won't happen, as much as we want it. Activision seeks to do to CoD what they did to Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, etc. They're ******** who care nothing for the quality of games, which is why we get a new CoD every year.

Imagine how much better CoD would be if we got one, say, every 2-3 years, as Bungie did with Halo.

nicedrewishfela

For the time I've put into it, definitely getting my money's worth. These are small annoyances, still having fun.

I have amazing internet. Better than 93% of the US. 0% packet loss, ~13ms ping, 1ms jitter.. I'm always on the losing end of lag comp, even on "best" search.

With a recent storm, my internet is horrible, HORRIBLE. I mean 25% packet loss, ~200ms ping, ~150ms+ jitter (It's gone up to 300ms) and yet I still find games on "best", and I have 4 green bars?

I shouldn't even be able to play with a connection like this. I don't notice much of a difference in gameplay though aside the huge lag bursts ("connection lost") during which I always lose firefights. It's unfair to those who don't have issues. If I rush properly I can kill people before they see me on their screen.

I too have excellent Internet and it was just upgraded further but for all its worth I feel a 56k would provide the same gaming experience when used in conjunction with black ops 2.  It's sad but true, this game is more annoying than any fun u can muster out of it and if this giant conglomerate can't pony up for real servers and some modern day graphic engines then why should we buy their games??  I say no more cod until its fixed

People wonder why there are so many hackers in this game? Because it's not worth your time nor money. It's a joke. You're right, you don't get value out of this game.

Rednecksniper39

Actually Mario is still a bigger franchise the COD. Along with 7 other game franchises. COD isn't even in the top 5.

Look at Battlefield who have dedicated servers.  And they work a lot better than this p2p garbage.  Yes there is still lag but nowhere near as bad as this game.  Activision basically refuse to get servers so they can maximise their profits.  Although I think the cods are better than battlefield I still think EA has more respect for their customers.

starbuckfrack

ZeroUnlmtd wrote:

To be frank i'll just say it like this, Call of Duty is the biggest franchise in gaming history and yet they refuse to host dedicated servers

Well you KNEW beforehand that they didnt have Dedicated Servers so then WHY did you give them money for the game ??

And BTW people we paid NOTHING for the online portion of the game. this addon was free, so I would say we got our moneys worth.

By buying a game with multiplayer on it, I paid for that portion of the game. And nobody could have anticipated that the game would have these kinds of lag issues before the game launched. We atleast thought that the game would be mostly playable online.

starbuckfrack wrote:

ZeroUnlmtd wrote:

To be frank i'll just say it like this, Call of Duty is the biggest franchise in gaming history and yet they refuse to host dedicated servers

Well you KNEW beforehand that they didnt have Dedicated Servers so then WHY did you give them money for the game ??

And BTW people we paid NOTHING for the online portion of the game. this addon was free, so I would say we got our moneys worth.

So the fact that it's on the box stating it has multiplayer means nothing.  I think not where do you get that from?  If it's advertised then you are paying for it.  Yes everyone knew there was no dedicated servers but no one paid to have our internets raped.

starbuckfrack

A0Spare wrote:

starbuckfrack wrote:

ZeroUnlmtd wrote:

So the fact that it's on the box stating it has multiplayer means nothing.  I think not where do you get that from?  If it's advertised then you are paying for it.  Yes everyone knew there was no dedicated servers but no one paid to have our internets raped.

Well FIRST people would have paid for it then played it. THAT would have told you it was laggy. So you going out and buying it right there shows you should have known it was laggy when purchasing it.

Second the game does state on the BACK of the box that activision reserves the right to cancel or modify AT ANY TIME the online portion of the game.

As for the raping of your internet the game company again still has a leg to stand on. They can blame this on internet issues at all times like they did the past couple of years worth of COD games.

creaper21

I am getting my moneys worth.

I've gotten my money worth but for every good day I have there are two bad days. One day I'll be paired with good connections and than the next two days will be constant connections to that dust bowl you referred to as Mexico. No idea why this game would EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, pair me with Mexico when my settings are set to best. Being from Illinois, I would have a BETTER connection ping wise with someone in Netherlands than a person with their 1 Mbps connection in Mexico.

ZeroUnlmtd

don't get me wrong, i'm already 7th Prestige, Diamond Assault Rifles and Launchers with a 2.02 k/d but what grinds my gears is that even with a phenomenal internet connection i still lag 50% of the games i play and i know i'm just one among many gamers who share this problem. What really gets me is how these kids are getting away with tac insert boosting diamond camos and then letting people copy their bogus account doing that glitch. makes the rest of us who put in real time and effort in getting those diamond camo's and good stats look like the rest of them who boosted that nonsense, all you gotta do is look at someone's equipment usage in their record and see like 10,000 tac inserts used and it makes you wanna punch them through their t.v. screen