8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 10:52 PM by fearless_fred RSS

Please fix party host matchmaking exploit in public games

One player with lower stats intentionally hosts the game for better friends. Result? Since the patch (as solo) I constantly play the game with much better players, often with almost double my ppm/kd. It really sucks to the point I started to examine and leave all team -based lobbies. The intent was good but how could you allow such bs?

• Re: Please fix party host matchmaking exploit in public games
    asystole

Agreed. Many people are using that system and exploiting it.

SitRepPro

It's really sad that people are doing this to inflate their stats.  Make sure parties only go against other parties instead.  It kinda goes against the concept of SBMM when they haven't implemented this.

Community1234

I didn't know you could do that.

However, I do notice that when I enter a lobby with high prestige players, with high K/D's, they'll leave the lobby about 75% of the time when they see someone better than them enter the lobby.

If I play FFA, people bounce in and out of the lobby constantly after checking the lobby leaderboard and finding out that not everyone in the lobby is a sub 1.0 K/D.  It's pathetic.

SitRepPro

I'm not sure if it goes by SPM, KD, or both.  But they can be misleading because they don't taken into account that it varies a lot by weapon usage and I think it only uses career figures, not gametype.  I run LMGs in TDM and I will score less than if I used SMGs in Domination.  Handy for levelling up LMGs first I guess.

On the PSN people can create secondary accounts free of charge.  Seen videos of this happen on YT and it looks like it's the only way people enjoy the game by pub stomping and getting their high end killstreaks that they otherwise wouldn't have got.  I've gone on some long killstreak runs while SBMM is in place.  I don't go overboard on them, otherwise I'd play MW2.

I don't know if the matchmaking sets parties up against each other but it should as 6 people in a party will be better than 6 randoms for the most part.

I only exit lobbies if there are too many people outside of my country in the lobby in case I end up being too far behind lag comp wise.  Hoping the patch has improved stuff since I've only been on custom games since.

Community1234

The current Lobby Leaderboard setup is a poor determinant of player skill and of player effectiveness for that particular gametype.  K/D is meaningless (to an extent) in objective games.  A high SPM can be achieved by rushing to the objective and dying over and over again.  That being said, when playing non-objective modes like TDM and KC, SPM is somewhat of an indicator of style-of-play.  My TDM SPM is right around 325 at the moment, while one of my friends hovers right around 115.  He literally sits in the corner all game and waits for people to run by.  He'll go 1-0 in an entire game of TDM and be happy.

I tend to look more at a combination of objectives captured/defended combined with Win/Loss as the best indicator of who the good players are, and who are contributing most to the team.

There should be party only variants of everyplay list.

If not that it should show in the pregame lobby who is in a party im getting tired of getting stuck with randoms every single match against full teams, i went thru 23 lobbies tonight before finding one that was a fair match and everyone left after 1 game. Would make it much faster then having to back out 2 minutes into dom when the other team has everything locked down, spawn camping.

dohadoh

I don't think it should base anything on stats. There are too many different ways to play.

I made an account and ran around knifing for a long, long time. This netted me low stats.

Then I decided to "really play", after a few days of absolutly murdering people it figured out what had happened and "balanced" me, but it has also caused a lot of grief to those on the other end in teh mean time.

Another thing that has happened is, I will sometimes bounce from playing high/low people.

Meaning, this creates a situation where one game I can play with one hand behind my back, with an eye closed and do better than anyone in the lobby, and one game I may as well sit and spin, because that's all I'd be good for.

Personally, both of those instances leave me feeling bad. As if it is pointless to play.

fearless_fred

Heh when I was playing BO1 there were players who would jump in and out of FFA lobbies if they saw you had higher then 1.0 KDR they would leave.  So I decided one day to just throw my stats out the window and killed myself repeatedly in a few games dropping my KDR down to .5.  Then these players would check the lobby think I was a scrub and then stayed.  Sadly for them it didn't work out so well they would be irate because I would be topping the charts.  Was funny listening to them on their headsets in the lobbies.