12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 12:53 PM by timshady1980 RSS

I'm not enjoying this anymore

goatforcce

I still think the game is a really good game but i just cant enjoy it anymore, on release the first day or two was great there was very little lag issues the gameplay was unbelievably smooth and the game played how i think it was always meant to be played. But since then every game is plagued by lag and host migration issues making the game very stop start and completely iritating especially when you put 5-10 bullets in someone they walk through them and kill you in 2-5. You watch killcam and you have barely landed a hit and barely damaged them.

I am sick and tired of being out powered by silenced MP7 and the MTAR, these 2 weapons are the 2 weapons you have from the start and they are as strong if not stronger than any other weapons in the game. In my opinion the MP7 is far far better than the Skorpion. There seems to be little to no weapon progression just completely random weapons unlocked at random lvls.

90% of players on this game spend their lives camping, it is a boring and frustrating way to play the game and COD was never designed for people to sit around and pick people off as they run by. COD is meant to be a fast paced high octane FPS this is not to say everyone should run around like a mad man because that wouldnt improve match quality anymore than camping does but I hate people who stick to one or two spots on the map and barely move, especially on objective based game modes.

Treyarch take the game and system back to how it was on release, it was the best FPS i have played in a long time when it was released, now it is broken, laggy and full of arseholes.

• Re: I'm not enjoying this anymore
    Izjar11

goatforcce wrote:

I still think the game is a really good game but i just cant enjoy it anymore, on release the first day or two was great there was very little lag issues the gameplay was unbelievably smooth and the game played how i think it was always meant to be played. But since then every game is plagued by lag and host migration issues making the game very stop start and completely iritating especially when you put 5-10 bullets in someone they walk through them and kill you in 2-5. You watch killcam and you have barely landed a hit and barely damaged them.

I am sick and tired of being out powered by silenced MP7 and the MTAR, these 2 weapons are the 2 weapons you have from the start and they are as strong if not stronger than any other weapons in the game. In my opinion the MP7 is far far better than the Skorpion. There seems to be little to no weapon progression just completely random weapons unlocked at random lvls.

90% of players on this game spend their lives camping, it is a boring and frustrating way to play the game and COD was never designed for people to sit around and pick people off as they run by. COD is meant to be a fast paced high octane FPS this is not to say everyone should run around like a mad man because that wouldnt improve match quality anymore than camping does but I hate people who stick to one or two spots on the map and barely move, especially on objective based game modes.

Treyarch take the game and system back to how it was on release, it was the best FPS i have played in a long time when it was released, now it is broken, laggy and full of arseholes.

I have to be honest your post is sincere but not new. 

From other conversations I have had, i've noticed that many who first come here upset and write these posts tend to feel differently the next day.

Many things about this game can be frustrating, many things can be fun. My only suggestion is if the game is too hard to deal with (on a emotional level) stop. I play 20-30 minute intervals then stop, play another after a break then stop again.

In regards to how others play that is a lost conversation that has no ending, everyone can be right and wrong it only matters how you perceive what is right or wrong.

If one thing doesn't work (running) then slow down, if camping is not working (then move about) try new things. Good luck gaming.

sennalike

I have to say I am feeling similar, I'm just not enjoying the whole experience.  As Izjar says your mood can change day to day, and mine has, but overall I am feeling quite indifferent about playing the game anymore.  Given how hooked I have been to CoD since W@W this is quite sad really.

ghamorra

So far this week I have two hours logged in...go me!

timshady1980

I bought this game just a few days past launch and there is one thing consistent that I've noticed.  Each night when I log in, there are less and less people playing online.

The first time I logged in (PS3), there were almost 500k players online at any given time I played.  I had the week off from work so I got to play quite a bit and at different times of the day and night.  Over the last week and a half, each time I log in, the number of players online is lower and lower.  Last night the number of players online was only 270k worldwide.  This should be a number that the production/development team looks at as a baseline.  If the number of people playing this game has dwindled by almost half over the course of 2 weeks, this should definitely tell you that there are problems keeping people from coming back.

I've played FPS games on PC and console for a very long time.  I grew up playing the original Quake and Counterstrike games and have founded and ran my own clans.  I was on a professional tournament team for multiple different FPS games on PC for years before I decided to drop all the seriousness and just play casually.  I've seen some great game releases and I've seen some very badly handled releases.  The most important thing to guage the temperature of success is how the community reacts.  Sierra software made one of the most fun FPS games I had played in a long time when they released SWAT 4 for PC.  The problem was, the game had so many glitches and imbalance issues that the community of players quickly found it unplayable and unenjoyable.  Sierra took way too long to patch the problems and make any statement about future planned fixes that the community literally died about 3 months after release.

Treyarch would do well to learn from others mistakes and at least address the uproar of the community with some well thought out PR statements.  Telling the core of your community that the lag/connection issues is their problem is never going to get you a pat on the back for a job well done.  Many of their players are carry overs from the other releases of CoD games and it's like a slap in the face to tell you the problem is on their end when they've been loyal customers.