14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 5:57 PM by Wi1dcard78 RSS

UAV nerf worse idea ever.

Now all this game has become is one big camp fest.  Ghost is useless now because there is never a UAV up EVER.  Well I might see one per hour but thats it.  Way to buckle to all the corner camping whiners.

• Re: UAV nerf worse idea ever.
    Adam1234567893

Even before the nerf I rarely saw UAVs these campers made up that rumor because they just wanted to be catered to and have all their kills handed to them it's funny how when they have their way they tell people to learn how to adapt and when they don't have their way the complain and cry and beg until they get catered to.

The UAV was nerfed?  When was this?

Are you talking about how it requires more points to use?  Hate to be politically-correct here (or something), but that's not nerfing.  If anything it's a tweak in the Scorestreak stats or something.  It used to be 300 points, but now it's 425 I think.  I don't see too much of a problem with that, as it's still easy to earn.

SitRepPro

gross1985 wrote:

The UAV was nerfed?  When was this?

Are you talking about how it requires more points to use?  Hate to be politically-correct here (or something), but that's not nerfing.  If anything it's a tweak in the Scorestreak stats or something.  It used to be 300 points, but now it's 425 I think.  I don't see too much of a problem with that, as it's still easy to earn.

Probably because in TDM that's 5 kills.  In COD4 that gives you an Airstrike.  In MW2 and MW3 that gives you a Predator Missile.  In BO1 it gives you Napalm.  In WaW you're given the Artillery.

i dont know what game you guys were playing but the UAV was being crazy used.  I would see 2-3 in the sky at a time. Personally i would run UAV by itself and just constantly call them in. Hate if you want i dont care. BUt i would also carry a launcher on my back and shoot them down. My only complain about The UAV situation was not really with the UAV itself but with the counter and how much higher it was than the UAV.  Again its a balance thing, if it 300 for a UAV then 400 for a Counter about right. not 550 or whatever it was.

nuttin2say

Play against me. You'll see plenty of UAVs!

Seriously, the UAV needed the tweak it got. Like Rize, I could look up and see an endless supply of UAVs. In fact, shooting down UAVs was the first challenge I completed. I prestiged the SMAW twice before I completed the challenges on any other weapon. I even prestiged the other lock on launcher. The worst moment was when I looked on Hijacked and literally saw UAVs flying in formation like the strafe choppers from MW3.

And as for campers, I don't know when you started playing BO2, but this game was a campfest just like every other COD always is since the moment I started playing. At least now I can flank people without having to stop to shoot down UAVs every three steps.

Oh there was camping as always but its just alot worse now.  Seriously there are a ton of TDM games timing out before anyone gets to 75 because no one wants to move.  Its just a big girl scout pow wow now.  Never had to get 5 kills to get a UAV on any other COD title but now you do.  Just down right moronic. 3arse just catering to the whiney ghost whores because their easy mode wasn't so easy. But hey like I said no need for ghost anymore I am lucky to see one maybe two UAV in an hours time now.  Point being the game just got straight up boring now.

Hello,

Maybe its the players your grouped with. I work with my clan most nights and we still have a constant stream of UAV's and Counter UAV's in the air as we play the game. The best thing about playing with people you know is that you can organise your playstyle and teams scorestreaks to get a well balanced and tactical advantage over other clans or randomers we get placed against.

The increase I think was good as I now reach my higher scorestreaks earlier due to forgetting about how high the UAV is now

trialstardragon

Way to need a red dot to be able to find things to kill. Either you suck at the game or your blind and just cannot see things that well.

Stop relying on your radar to feed you kills.

WiseguyFTL

Lol it's still super easy to get. 2 kills while being on an objective + an assist. Or 4-5 kills in TDM. That's super easy, I still constantly hear UAV's go up. The spam got less, which is a good thing because ghost isn't necessary anymore, which opens up a tier 1 perk slot.

frayne

I also wish they would bring it back down. Having it be 5 kills to get is just insane.

Yeah they might of popped up more, but so what? That is what the easy as pie rocket launchers are for.

As easy as they a are to put up, its just as easy to take em down and get points for yourself.

So I don't understand what the complaining was about.

They just need to fix the spawning now. Its out of control with the amount of people spawning behind me.

frayne wrote:

They just need to fix the spawning now. Its out of control with the amount of people spawning behind me.

This right here.  You say its so easy to get five kills but I disagree because I will get 2-3 kills for every death and why do I die.  Because the last guy I killed spawned right behind me.  I can't count how many times I have watch the kill cam seeing the player who killed me dying because of me then seeing me die from him.  Its worse then MW3 was.  I agree it would be easier in objective games but I never play objective games because I got sick of everyone NOT playing the objective and just getting kills so why not just play TDM.  Point is I can guarantee that the team that uses a UAV exclusively (ie the only team that uses it) wins every time.  Launchers I used to carry em all the time + black hat and counter UAV now I have no reason too because there rarely is ever a UAV up.  Plus EVERYONE is using silencers ever since the change.  Its like everyone has a free assassin perk now.  What they should have done is dropped the counter UAV IMO and raised the care package in its place.  The real point for those two scorestreaks is to help build up your points for the higher score streaks.  If your talking how "you must need to radar to feed you" then you are obviously one of these players who cried about not having your precious assassin perk anymore.  I just hate seeing this game becoming the camp fest that it has become.  Everyone is just hiding in corners now.

Damn there is a bunch of whining on these forums. I for one am glad they nerfed the UAV's. Before the nerf they were up almost every 3-4 seconds. 5 kills to get a killstreak reward???? It should be that way. You shouldn't be rewarded for being a lower than mediocre playerand getting your killstreak with 2 kills. BO2 definitely made the point system better this go around since you can get points not just off kills but by destroying those UAVs, BBs, shocks, assists, kills from killstreaks, assists from killstreaks and so on and so on. I hear people whining about snipers and campers. Learn how to navigate around the map smarter, watch for bullets and where your teammates are dying, learn to use different weapons and tactical grenades. If you are so worried about people camping around corners start using the MMS and learn popular camp spots. Other team spawning behind you? Pay attention to where your teammates are after you make a kill or 2. There are so many things you can do to make your game better and whining about everything isnt going to fix anything. Figure out what is getting you killed the most and figure out ways to do better. Only way you will ever succeed. Good luck.