7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 11:44 AM by sstang1 RSS

Just a question? (No rage, just disappointed)

Let me start off by saying im not here to wine and ***** about the game play online.

I just want to know if any plans are being made by Treyarch to fix this lag that some people are getting.

I have fios 50down 25up, 1ms LED gaming monitor, and have never had a problem lagging in any other COD before this one with this recent patch.

Im used to running around a 2.0 kd and am now just above 1.0, and I seem to be getting killed by invisible bullets coming from an opponents gun that on my screen never fires a shot, but boom im dead after firing 3 to 4 with only about 1 of my shots counting(even though all were on target).

Is there any plans for the near future to try and cut down on this lag?

• Re: Just a question? (No rage, just disappointed)
    Izjar11

Is there any plans for the near future to try and cut down on this lag?

they can't remove it per say, but reduce it through improving the games algorithm coding

ghamorra

I have a feeling they're spending all their time on the next gen games. I say this becasue it's been made obvious (even stated in articles by the competition) that the lag is crippling CoDs potential. Even if Activision only cares about money it would still be in their best intrest to fix these issues so they can make more money from happy consumers waiting at the gates to buy expensive DLC

The only reasonable solution to them not making a crazy effort to fix Black Ops II would be that Activision is preparing for future games and spending their time and money on mitigations to prevent problems there

Highwayman0226

I feel your pain, I play on a similar set up and I am the victim of what you described frequently.  The thing is, I had the same lag in MW3.  MW3 was actually worse for me now that I think about it.  The only reason I bought this game was to play with friends I don't get to see but once a year, and the thing lags worse when you are in a party.  They live roughly 200 miles from me (straight line) and I ping there in roughly 30ms.  If it wasn't for them, I would not have bought this title.  I still haven't bought the DLC, it's still up in the air if I'm going to when they are released.

phxs72

I don't know.  I do know that part of the last patch was supposed to improve the routing through the matchmaking servers which was intended to reduce server induced lag.  I would think, however, that lag in itself is an ongoing issue that they would be monitoring and adjusting as they come up with new ideas.  I know for myself that I was doing pretty good prepatch and I'm doing well post patch but I also have made some improvements to my hardware along the way.  So I don't know if the patch really had much of an effect for me.

Will anyone from the companies that made this game resond to my question?

sstang1

I played at a buddies place last thursday - he does not have the greatest internet speed - Theatre Mode was disabled by Treyarch and I found the game to work excellent.

Just saying.