22 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 8:36 AM by drgrincheux RSS

Target Finder all day every day

drgrincheux

One month after BO2 release and about 30% of the players (maybe 50% on Carrier and Drone) are using the target finder. These numbers are still increasing and in a month, everybody is going to use this thing. It's so easy to kill people, hiding behind a barrel or looking through a window. And can even see them through smoke when looking at B-dom! This thing is Marksman v3.0 and need a nerf really badly! It's so OP that even cold-blooded doesn't counter it : the crosshair turns red when targetting a cold-blooded user...

Something needs to be done. In a month, this game will turn into a "shoot the red rhombus" party. You should maybe add a 1s delay before the rhombus appears or add view-kick like the ACOG scope in Black Ops 1. Please consider this in the next patch.

• Re: Target Finder all day every day
    rlbl

I am not saying it does not need to be toned down, but as I blind man... I think it is a god send.

(and yes, I do run and gun with it... when I stop, I do scan an area so I do not run "blindly" into the enemy - lol)

drgrincheux

That's fine, I completely understand your point of view but I don't think a perk has something to do with accessibility. And I'm pretty sure that all the target finder users do not have problems with their eyes.

By the way, as a hearing-impaired, I would love that Awareness transforms ennemy in elephants!

dalger22

I use it with the FAL silencer and select.  Works very well. 

As for the OP, no matter how much you complain about it, nothing will be done about it.  You can either just use it yourself or don't.  All these "please nerf this because I die too much from it" is getting pretty lame.  All you babies need to just deal with it or find something else to play.

drgrincheux

FAL silencer + select fire + target finder! Congratulation, that's the ultimate douchebag setup! Sure it works well, it's like shooting an elephant in a corridor... I understand why you do not want it to be nerfed.

Highwayman0226

I was following you, until this post.  Right here, you come off as one of these guys that just run around the entire time, and rage when everyone else plays differently, because YOU are playing the RIGHT way.

drgrincheux

No, maybe I'm not clear as i'm not an english native speaker, but I don't think I'm playing the right way but I'd like that every playstyles has the same chances to win the match. For example, on Drone, in Domination, 4 guys starting on A (if you remember the map, you know where to look at) can completely block the access to the B flag using target finders. You cannot do that with any other attachment, it's way harder using a sniper riffle or an ACOG scope : the rhombus is popping even if you can just see the foot or the head of the guy. You cannot miss a guy and cannot be flanked too.

dalger22

So you're going to reimburse me for the 60 dollars I paid for this game?  That way, I can play the way you want me to play.  No, I don't care what you think. 

Perkadelic

so use cold blooded, jeez

Izjar11

These numbers are still increasing and in a month, everybody is going to use this thing. It's so easy to kill people, hiding behind a barrel or looking through a window.

They are easy to get kills with, when your in someones direct line of sight.

Something needs to be done. In a month, this game will turn into a "shoot the red rhombus" party. You should maybe add a 1s delay before the rhombus appears or add view-kick like the ACOG scope in Black Ops 1. Please consider this in the next patch.

Perhaps a slower delay in movement but that will not stop players from using it and posting up. Does the EMP take it out?

ghamorra

I don't like the target finder because it only needs a mm of hair to light you up. There should be a rule implace that prevents the TF from identifying an enemy if less than 50% of his body is visible to it's line of sight. That would be a fair nerf

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

I have 2 lmg's gold and I have used target finder, red dot and to get the gold you have to use no perks or attachments so plenty of iron sights.  My kd has not changed no matter which I use, come near me I will kill u, lol.

Red dot has always and will always be the best sight (in my opinion) especially against head glitches.

This in no different to people moaning about acr and mp7 use in mw3, adapt, improvise make yourself tough to kill and keep moving.

BanHaMMer

drgrincheux wrote:

One month after BO2 release and about 30% of the players (maybe 50% on Carrier and Drone) are using the target finder. These numbers are still increasing and in a month, everybody is going to use this thing. It's so easy to kill people, hiding behind a barrel or looking through a window. And can even see them through smoke when looking at B-dom! This thing is Marksman v3.0 and need a nerf really badly! It's so OP that even cold-blooded doesn't counter it : the crosshair turns red when targetting a cold-blooded user...

It can't see through smoke fool, the MMS can as well as the Thermal. Just run cold blooded, I hate whingers. You winged about Ghost, now look at it. No, I don't use ghost....

s_paw1

I love my golden MK-48 with FMJ and Target finder. There is no place you can hide.

Harv72

I played a game of Domination on Yemen last night in Ground War.  Like I usually do on that map, I was a running an SMG + Shotgun class built for speed; right now that's the MP7 & R870, if it matters.  I'm not using a target finder on either; the only class I have which uses one is an LMG class I'll break out every so often to change things up.

At one point in the game, my team held B and C flags, and had the other team pretty well locked down.  I had been mostly holding down that little archway near B & cutting off enemies trying to sneak past the corner building & up to C that way, but just at that moment I had 3 teammates who'd decided to do the same thing & were annoying me by getting in the way.  Since all those players were over there & the other team was getting tired of being slaughtered out in the open, they'd decided to make a push directly down the street towards B.  Here's where the whole target finder thing comes into play.

I get bored easily during games if there's nothing to shoot for more than a few seconds, so I decided to come out through the archway, push right up the street into them, and see how many people I could kill before they got me.  I switched over to my shotgun, sprinted through the archway & up to that little porch area, where I surprised some guy trying to go the opposite direction and killed him with a single buckshot.

Right behind him is a sniper standing in the middle of the street, scoped in on our positions & oblivious to everything around him; I killed him pretty easily, too.  Past him & headglitching behind a barrel was a guy scoped in on his AR with target finder...despite my having run right by him on the way up there & killed two of his teammates within 8 feet of his location, he hadn't reacted in the slightest because the TF had prevented him from seeing me, and he was focused so intently on looking for red diamonds & listening for the little beep that he was oblivious to me.  It actually took two hipfired buckshots to kill him, but he never even came out of ADS mode the entire time.

After I killed him I started to make for cover when I noticed another guy standing in the shadows behind him, also scoped in on his TF, and also completely oblivious to what had just happened right next to him.  One buckshot to the chest and he was dead, too.

Moral of the story: the target finder works both ways.  It makes it easier to identify (and hit) an enemy who happens to be right where you're ADSing, but makes it impossible to see what's happening right next to you.  And the noobs you guys think are benefiting the most from it are the same people who don't pay attention to the skulls popping up on their minimap.

Garyfromscotland

Erm. Cold Blodded.

Thanks.

monkeylord

On junk rounds it's a god send and cuts down on hitmarkers although the I think it's called the drop shot yellow reticle makes people pop out just as much ~meh~ each to their own but at least theres quite a range of weapons/targeting systems being used.

Nobody cares what you think. Many of us enjoy the TF and will continue to use it. If you haven't found a way to counter yet ...... you suck.

The TF has advantages and disadvantages just like every other attachment. Stop crying and get better.