1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 76 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2013 6:51 AM by TheSurgeon83 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    Meldwyn

Here's how I see it...  Take my last two games last night before bed (Domination is my game of choice):

Second to last game on Yemen:  11 Kills, 19 Deaths (.58 KDR) SPM=336 Here's the kicker though  14 captures, 2 defends, and a victory of 166 vs 160.  That one was sweet!!  I was the highest scorer with over 4000 points btw.

Last game was on Drone.  I went 20/19 with a KDR of 1.05.  SPM=255  I had 6 captures and 1 defend and we lost 126 vs 200.  I did well personally, but it doesn't mean much when we got stomped by a team that held most of the flags the second half of the game.

Which one would you have enjoyed more?  For me... the first was sweetness!!  The second was entertaining but ultimately disappointing!

• 21. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    phxs72

While there are exceptions to the rule as others have mentioned, I would say that anyone with a 1 kd or higher and a 200 SPM and up is at least a decent player and likely above average in BO2.  Someone more god like would be in the 1.5kd range with a 300+ SPM.  There are many factors which influence kd but to consistently manage both a high kd and a high SPM means that you have to be involved in the game and you have to have figured out quite a few solid tactics to keep those stats up there.

• 22. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    TheSurgeon83

It's a Swarm not a Sworm.

Also, cycling streaks is a doddle, I feel a bit cheap doing it but I can go through chopper-warthog-dogs 3 times in a game if I get going early. I don't always try or want to earn them though, I like to play around with different guns and setups as opposed to all out tryhard all the time.

• 23. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    TheSurgeon83

That sounds about right to me, from what I've seen in lobbies and the games that follow it's people with those kind of stats that will do better for the most part. Not quite sure god like is quite the right term, I'd say that's more like someone with a 2+ K/D and 325/350+ SPM.

My K/D is 1.44 and SPM is 345, and I don't consider myself that great, good games and bad games, sometimes due to connection, sometimes I just get outplayed.

• 24. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    TheSurgeon83

That Yemen game sounds good, 14 captures! Think the most I've managed is 8/9. I used to like Domination, not keen on this 2 rounds thing and the B flag placements. The B flag should be hard to get but the amount of lines of sight onto them is just stupid, I never know where to face when capturing so just plonk myself down and hope for the best.

• 25. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    randomhero204

Mine is 1.15

I rush hard. Also it's not a kid thing to look at spm.. I have a ten year old family friend who sucks at cod and played 1 game of FFA and he somehow went 27-9 and his spm is like 700 now and now he is ranked top 8000 in the world lmao and he thinks he's te best now haha I just have to smh. Because he won't get play FFA again becuse if he does he will obviously loose his rank. The more time played the lower your spm will be it takes time for it to even out. Mine at around 350-400 and I have 3 days played I think? I'm sixth prestige.

• 26. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    Meldwyn

I have two different load outs for Domination.  I have named one the Run and Gun, where my main concern is kills and making sure I am picking off the snipers and other "camper/defenders" so that my team can advance and get B.

The other load out uses smoke grenades and the Millimeter scanner sight (affectionately named Smoke and Mirrors).  I concentrate on captures and defends while using this loadout.  I usually use one for the first half and the other for the second depending on how things are going.  However, if one is doing the job, it will be the loadout all game.

If you are having issues with captures, especially B, then create a loadout around smoke grenades, flak jacket, and maybe a bouncing betty or two.  You will find it a little easier to stay alive long enough to capture.

Good luck, and yes the 14 capture game was a lot of fun.  Didn't even know I had that many until the end of the match.  Was too busy trying to win because it was down to the wire in the final minute.

• 27. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    xmrythem

I think SPM is dependent on the game you play. K:D is dependent on your style of play.

I play HC CTF I am our mid player I have a 1.8 K:D and an SMP of 376

• 28. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    r0sstitute

I consider myself a above average player most of the time, holding a 1.4 K/D and 350 SPM. I play for the objective though, so I don't really care too much for K/D. Also, for me to continue having fun playing this with all of the lag issues etc, I have to mix it up a little with strange but fun classe

Some games I'll go negative trying to win, other times I slay, like my 94 - 4 game the other day. It just comes down to what YOU consider a good player.

• 29. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    Restore_Hardcore

Keeping above 1.0 and helping your team win is good. TDM with wannabe rushers who go 10-16 are the ones who lose the match for the team. If you're getting shot up, stop rushing and lockdown an area with your squad. Its not camping, it's strategy. Thats how me and my bros do it.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next