1 2 3 Previous Next 76 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2013 6:51 AM by TheSurgeon83 RSS

What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

TheSurgeon83

As the title says. I don't really see peoples K/Ds in lobbies as I mainly play KC, usually only see that when I play FFA. SPM in lobbies usually varies between around 200 and 450 most of the time, I know from the leaderboards though some people have 600-700 SPMs, god knows how they manage that.

• 1. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    gdexter

Don't worry or pay attention to KDR, W/L or SPM.

Just play the GAME as a GAME.

Stats are for people with uber L337 Y0u7U8e channelzzzz

• 2. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    TheSurgeon83

That's not a very helpful reply, I'm just curious.

• 3. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

Actually he summed up a good answer very well.

At any rate, you can find the answers you are probably looking for if you search the forums for "average K/D ratio," as it's been brought up before.

If that's too much trouble, it could be that the answer is much lower than you would think. If you were to ask most people here, they'd say "good," would be in the 2's or 3's, but that's not really representative of the 500,000 people that play at a given time.

The majority of players are upside down on their KDR. (<1.0) If you can maintain >1.0 you're doing better than the majority of players. Is that good? Well...it's a subjective term when you really think about it, isn't it? If we compare to ALL players, then yes. But surely garnering a >1.0 isn't as impressive as doing it in a League with premiere players, is it?

Of course, this argument doesn't stop here. You have to factor in play style. A person may have played for 20 hrs and have a KDR of 4.0, but a SPM of about 100 or less. So you look at their stats, and see they have 100 kills and 25 deaths in that 20 hours. So clearly, they go 2-1 and run and hide for the duration of the matches. (To the chagrin of all their teammates.)

I'm not sure it's a question that can be satisfactorily quantified with any given values or logic. So really, you have to return to the original answer. Play the game and have fun. Don't worry about those numbers, because they don't mean anything.

• 4. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

It all depends on your connection and playstyle.

• 5. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

i hear that playing hardpoint is a game type that gives u a big SPM, i do have a higher SPM in that game mode over DOM. whats a good K/D? i guess its subjective, but in my opinion, if your holding down a K/D of 2 and above your doing somthing right. does this mean your a good player? not neccesarliy, as you can ignore the OBJ and go for kills in certain games types. to me a good player will got for the win in spite of his stas. its a funny topic as there are so many variables, really hard to give a definitive anser. but lets say that someone has a /K/D around 2.5, a W/L around 5 and up, and a SPM around 500 and up, AND plays the OBJ, be hard to say that person isnt  good player.

• 6. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    uberdeath

Is it not just a simple case of math in regard to KDR?

1.0 would be the average across all players and game types because for every kill someone has someone else has a death although there would be some fluctuiation for suicides etc but it would be minimal.

• 7. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    TheSurgeon83

Which is why both K/D and SPM should be taken into account together, that will give a clearer picture of how somone is playing. As you say, someone might have a high K/D and low SPM, which indicates ignoring objectives / camping etc.

• 8. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?
    TheSurgeon83

The question wasn't what the average K/D is.

• 9. Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

K/D depends on who you play against, the big youtubers for example play mostly versus noobs so of course they have a high K/D.

I think 1.2 is good, depends on which gamemode you play. 2K/D players and more are mostly dashboarders, not all but many dashboard to protect their stats.

SPM also depends on which game mode you play and how your playstyle it, leaving matches via menü will decrease your SPM by the way, don't know if dashboarding affect SPM cause i never dashboard.

1 2 3 Previous Next