34 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 10:29 AM by stonculd RSS

Least favorite map?

Turbine for me, probably. It's like a game of hide and seek with snipers. The game timer always times out before any team wins, so im stuck there for 10 minutes.

• Re: Least favorite map?

Carrier just because it could have been so much more.

Harv72

Turbine was initially my least-favorite by a large margin, but as I'm getting to know the various trails around the hilltops it's gotten less annoying.  In all honesty it's a much better map for ARs than Snipers.

I think Drone now takes the title for me, simply because it's so nauseatingly predictable in every game.  2-4 players per team set up in the back near the spawn with their snipers and LMGs while the rest do battle in the factory building, trying to beat each other into submission to see which side can be first to outflank the snipers & machine gunners and flip the spawn, thereby dooming their own snipers and machine gunners.

Understand that I'm talking about every team game mode here.  Even if the objective is on the other side of the map, that's how it plays out.

IndyOldGuy

All of them except Raid

Quenten-C

Hijacked. I will not play that map.

sicklysoup

Hijacked, Turbine and Slums is worst of all,

fearless_fred

PLAZA its by far the most idiotic excuse for a map I have ever seen.

Least favorite has to be drone, that map blows. I seem to just run around only to run into 6 enemies camping in that hallway or in the platform or in the back by C.

I'm not a fan of Plaza either because my killstreaks don't do **** on it

Depends on how I feel at the time. Hijacked gets anoying if you play it too much.

thebestgameralive

Drone - Because it is the ultimate camper map

Express - simply because it was stupidly built

Carrier - Wayyyy too open with TERRIBLE spawns

Aftermath - Just too big, and you can easily be spawn trapped outside of the ruins

Above are the maps I ALWAYS skip.  As for the ones that I play and try to tough it out are:

Overflow - we call this headglitch central.... because literally, you can head glitch on everything.

Actually I think that's it.  All of the maps are poorly created, but these five top the cake

huntingnoluck

So far I like all of them except hijacked is awful when I (a random) get dropped into games with spawn trapping clans. But it is a cool map if it is a team of randoms versus randoms. I really wish that partied players could only go against other partied players.

SnipinDB

From cod wiki

Aftermath

Aftermath

Ruined downtown Los Angeles with close engagements. This maps sucks poor man's Downturn. 2/10

Cargo

Cargo

Located in Singapore. Lots of close quarters engagements. 5/10

Carrier

Carrier

Open engagements on a Chinese Supercarrier. The hull offers great close quarter fights. No. Just No. 4/10

Drone

Drone

Located in the heart of the Mynamar jungles inside a hidden drone facility. Offers great chances for snipers in the middle and fun close quarter fights through the facility. 5/10

Express

Express

Good long to medium engagements inside the Los Angeles bullet train center. 8/10. Favorite map

Hijacked

Hijacked

Frantic close quarters engagements on a luxurious super yacht. 7/10. At least It's die or kill.

Meltdown

Meltdown

Battle over the cooling tower and surrounding facilities of a Pakistan nuclear power plant. 5/10

Overflow

Overflow

Great urban engagements in the flooded streets of Peshawar, Pakistan. 5/10

Plaza

Plaza

Frantic close quarter engagements with tight corners and angles throughout a floating resort in the middle of the Indian Ocean. 6/10

Raid

Raid

Hectic close quarters engagements through a hillside mansion in Hollywood. 7/10

Slums

Slums

Great close quarters engagements and tough choke points in the run down section of Panama. 5/10

Standoff

Standoff

Classic Call of Duty engagements in a border town between China and Kyrgyzstan. 6/10

Turbine

Turbine

Located in the steep hills of Yemen with wind turbines scattered around the landscape. Poor man's Afghan, still ok to play 6/10

Yemen

Yemen

Urban streets of Yemen with tight alleys that result in close quarter engagements. 6/10

The maps overall are too clustered and plenty are just poor rip-offs of older cod maps clustered with mw3 map design. Too easy to headglich in.

They should bring out a free dlc with black ops classics like Jungle,Firing Fange, Summit and Havana

Harv72

Good post, so this being the internet & all I'm going to steal this concept, add a twist, and make it my own.   Each map from the point of view of a (6v6) Domination player:

Aftermath: Lots of running room, but very cramped around the B flag with tons of hides/headglitches in that area.  The wide open spaces near each spawn make trapping difficult, but it's not very hard to deny enemy access to the B area with a good team plan.  3/10.

Cargo: Smaller map than it may seem on first play-through, primarily because of all the obstacles in the way.  Too many camping locations around the B flag, but the large number of flanking routes around them makes the game playable.  B requires some strategy to take, but once taken can be defended pretty easily.  4/10

Carrier: Wide open spaces with lots of junk in the way.  Seems like a sniper's paradise at first glance, but in reality an LMG with FMJ attached can rule this map.  Large amount of clutter makes for back & forth games where B changes hands many times, but spawns can be flipped too easily in the process. 5/10

Drone: Already covered this in my post above.  Too many well-covered lines of sight to the flag, and flanking around takes way too long (particularly from the C spawn).  1/10

Express: The layout of the map combined with the flag positions means that one whole side is largely ignored (inside the building), but using that as a flanking route takes too long to be worthwhile in most circumstances.  The random appearances of the moving train are incredibly annoying as they cut off quick access to B, and there are far too many camping/sniping locations all over the high-traffic side.  B itself is wide open with no real cover, and you'll be taking fire from at least 2, often 3 directions while trying to cap.  2/10

Hijacked: Truly is the Nuketown of Black Ops 2.  Even smaller and more cramped than Nuketown, this makes for frantic action, fast time between respawn & rejoining the fight, and large clusters of armed humanity in the middle around the B flag.  Some players hate this map because of the high number of unavoidable deaths you'll suffer, but when you look at the scoreboard at the end of the match you might be amazed by how many points you've racked up.  9/10

Meltdown: B is not nearly as open as it might seem at first, and numerous flanking routes make it possible for a well-coordinated team to crush the opposition in every game.  Also one of the few maps in BO2 which is well-suited for almost any weapon type (I have to say "almost" because, assault shield).  A little tricky to figure out initially, but once that's done offers exciting gameplay which will often be close throughout the match...at least, when you're not running with (or against) a well-coordinated team.  8/10

Overflow:  Capping B requires either a great deal of luck or a very well-coordinated push by the entire team; again, way too many covered firing positions which have eyes on a wide-open capture radius.  A relatively short flanking route to one side also means that you have to keep an eye on your home flag more often than on most maps.  Not particularly great for 6v6 Domination games, but in limited 9v9 action in the Ground War list I found that the map plays quite well for Dom. 5/10

Plaza: Another map which requires way too much sprinting to rejoin the fight after each spawn.  In Dom games this will usually come down to whichever team can control the circular room between the disco and B flag.  A good map for snipers set up on the rooftops near their home flag, with line of sight towards B, a lousy map for LMGs.  4/10

Raid: Almost a perfect map for Domination, whether 6v6 or 9v9.  The B flag itself is mostly open with clear lines of sight from all four directions, but lots of obstacles make movement & flanking very doable around it.  Game generally rests on which team controls the rock garden.  My only complaint is that the pool side is largely wasted in 6v6 Dom play. 9/10

Slums: A better map for Domination than many players think.  B itself is completely open, but the walls & monument surrounding it make for limited approach routes.  Lots of headglitching locations around the center area, but those locations are easily naded from cover or outflanked via the side routes.  One of the few maps in which all the terrain is heavily trafficked during games. 7/10

Standoff: Excellent map for Domination.  B flag appears wide open but does offer some cover from the usual sniping/headglitching spots, and the combination of buildings, streets, and corners makes it very playable with any weapon class.  Numerous flanking routes make it possible to approach B from any direction regardless of your spawn, and make it difficult for players using a fixed firing position to guard themselves for long.  8/10

Turbine: Very confusing map at times, but once you've figured out the trail system makes for some interesting play...in other game modes.  In Domination it's largely annoying, with B appearing well-covered at first but actually being badly exposed from all directions.  Too many corners & hill crests make for a lot of surprise CQC, but long lines of sight in between them make for too many long distance gunfights.  Far too easy for players to hide in the shadows inside the tubing above & below B. 2/10

Yemen:  Plays much better in 9v9 Dom vs. 6v6.  Confusing layout with sniping positions literally around every corner, but again once you've got the routes figured out it offers a lot of opportunity for movement and flanking.  B does offer a few capping positions which provide cover from most directions.  Controlling the archway near the dusty area allows for easy defense of B, but you have to cap it first & are still vulnerable to sniping and flank attacks while holding it down.  The large numbers of buildings and alleyways make flanking around to an enemy's rear relatively easy, particularly in 6v6 where there aren't enough team members to guard against all possible routes. 7/10

Agree with bringing back some of the BO1 maps as a DLC.  I don't know if they'd do it for free, but even as a $5 map pack I think it would be worth it.

ghamorra

I hate almost every map, some are tolerable but these maps are the worst ever. It's funny because I thought Black Ops had some of the best maps

Out

I dislike Carrier the most, ..only because it gives me the most trouble seeing enemy movement, as the colors are so simular ........kinda like the colors downturn on MW3 ..

Carrier gives me the most problem of any map .....just trying to find a area or route to stay in and not get killed killed killed  LOL

snooziie

all of them crap

Seeker_84_

Carrier - Absolutetly too open; you cant cover, hide or walk without beeing seen / shot from at least 4 directions at once

Hijacked - is kind of a "normal" map, but because of spawning issues unplayable most of the time

Turbine - just hate it

Yemen - the one i hate most, campers in every building and every corner...

BryanNnned

worst map in my opinion is Drone. i will definately back out of it loads this map. or i'll leave te lobby if im still in the lobby. unless im in a party then i might just stay and SUFFER.

i dont like turbine and carrier too..

those that i like are: Raid, plaza, hijacked and slums

overflow is alright.. other maps i dont really quite like..

hyper72

Until they fix the lag comp...dont really like any of the maps and wont be buying any more DLC...... Sick of shooting first and insta die crap sort it out PLEASE.

sstang1

PLAZA !!  I hate the look of it - It does not look like it belongs in a Call of Duty game at all.

Too bright - Too Colorful - Too Clean - Does not look like a Battlefield.

ChestSplittah

Probably would have to be Afterbirth.

I dislike Plaza and Drone, but Plaza is the only map I'll back out of a lobby for. Absolutely horrible map.

As for the spawns on Hijacked, imo it's fine.

s_paw1

I would just back out when Downturn came. Hardly played 10 games throughout MW3. Now, I do the same with Aftermath

Drone is a sniper fest but still I like playing on it.

My favourites are Yemen, Standoff, Expres and Carrier.

h1r0l3r

Hijacked, Meltdown and Standoff are probably my fav maps. Turbine, Yemen and Carrier are my most hated maps. Turbine is just too damn big with so many nooks and crannys for campers who sit and wait for people to run around. Yemen is just a clusterphuck. I've played it oodles of times already and I still get lost on that damn map. Carrier, wow, just a snipers dream. Everytime I play it there's always some "Barrett Pro" sitting in their spawn surrounded by claymores/betties/trophy system and camping the entire match.

Jaggajatt187

All of them are pretty much crap for TDM/KC I don't know how they play for FFA or objective based games. Slums is the worst, drone's a close second, hijacked, express, and carrier are all really bad

The maps are littered with head glitch trash on every corner, hijacked has head glitch trash in rooms which is ridiculous, spawns are bad, so many rooms and dark corners, and enemies blend into the background way too much.

Yemen's ok but has too many windows, Standoff's pretty decent, Raid is also fairly okay.

dalger22

Drone.  I hate this map with a passion.  All others are passable. 

fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR1

Turbine , drone and aftermath are least favorite. I really like hijacked, standoff and slums.

Aftermath

stonculd

Can't stand Yemen and Carrier. Just don't like the way they are layed out. My two favorites are Drone and Cargo. Turbine reminds me of Afghan, and Meltdown reminds me of launch. Slums kinda sucks too.