48 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 6:17 PM by barbiegurl RSS

Why does less than 2% of players use the high killstreaks?

How come less than 2% of players will use the high killstreaks?I'm talking the players that are prestiege 5+ using carepackage uav and hunter killer?I use A.G.R Lodestar and K9 unit and ive only seen 3 friendly/enemy k9units since launch day(I'm Prestiege 6 now) and less than 15 lodestars(friendly or enemy).

The most common killstreak setup I see is Lightning Strike Uav and Hunterkiller.Seems like treyarch wasted valuable design time on the high killstreaks if they are not being used.

Is this cod turning into a noob friendly game?

(even in loobys the higher players I sometimes read the combat records for scorestreaks and I seldom come across someone who has used a orb vstat+ KS)

• Re: Why does less than 2% of players use the high killstreaks?

For awhile I was warming up on the game and stuff. Lately I put agr up. I still like lightning strike because it is really effective. UAV is just useful too.

rlbl

Never at any point in the history of COD did pretige level equate to skill level.

x_convict wrote:

How come less than 2% of players will use the high killstreaks?I'm talking the players that are prestiege 5+...

Stopped reading after that

TheBeastlyDude

I didn't even read that part. Thanks for pointing that out. Gave me a giggle. The OP must be one of those people in past CODs who saw a room full of 10th prestigers and ran for their life.

I was using that as a example when I see someone who is 8th prestiege lvl 50 using the lowest killstreaks along with every other person in the game its pathetic.Took me so long just to get the golden FAA launcher as the only player controlled killstreaks I saw came from care packages which were rare.

rlbl

So basically you are saying that 2 people who have the same time played:

- the one decided to hit the prestige button using care packages is pathetic

- the one who decided not to prestige..well that is ok

Sorry mate, flawed logic.

As well, the implication of said flawed logic is that everyone who is of higher prestige should never die by someone of lower prestige so they can obtained the higher streaks of which you mention. This implies that your skill increases with every prestige (so a prestige master is basically a god).

(Deciding to read your original post):

You talk about a noob friendly game. If it were noob friendly it would be easy for said noob to get higher streaks as well as the lower ones. If that were true, we would see high killstreaks every game because, as you ask, the game is noob friendly.

Did I miss anything

Not trying to insult... just saying

zvers

Buddy, it's simple. Even if you camp your butt off, it's hard to get beyond the war machine CONSISTENTLY. That's the key. Yeah, I could put high streaks on but then I won't get anything for several games. Why don't I just run UAV, Hunter killer and Care package. Slap on Engineer and Boom. Roll the dice. You get FAR more affective "scorestreaks" this way and MUCH more frequently.

By the way, high prestige doesn't mean your a god in this game. It's easy to level up.

TheBeastlyDude

It takes some time as a community to build up to the larger score streaks. Once the kiddies and youtube shows start showing off their uber skills in getting the higher score streaks, we will see them more and more in the normal gameplay.

MrZombieClowns

Prestige does not equal talent nor a beneficial connection.

Your 2% tells me that they either know they have a beneficial connection, and/or talent.

MrZombieClowns wrote:

Prestige does not equal talent nor a beneficial connection.

Your 2% tells me that they either know they have a beneficial connection, and/or talent.

I was being nice when I said 2% its more like 1% if that even in demolition.As far as connection or talent goes all the high killstreaks are essentially 8kills-maybee 10 max.as The agr is the most powerfull killstreak if you control it right(I only play bonus playlist so in those maps)As a agr can get 15-30+ kills(only if player controlled)that will link to lodestar or vtol or w/e which will than link to swarm or k9.

So are these players looking at the k9unit as 17 kills with out dying and seeing that a dawting task?Just like the NUKE in mw2 it was not a 25(pure)killstreak it was a 7 killstreak(harrier and chopper gunner or w/e that helicopter was called)same thought process.

MrZombieClowns

You do have a good point. I personally use the smaller streaks because I do consider it a somewhat daunting task. I've never considered the math, just set them low and stayed there believing I would attain those smaller streaks more often.

Maybe its time for me to try a change.

x_convict wrote:

I was being nice when I said 2% its more like 1% if that even in demolition.As far as connection or talent goes all the high killstreaks are essentially 8kills-maybee 10 max.as The agr is the most powerfull killstreak if you control it right(I only play bonus playlist so in those maps)As a agr can get 15-30+ kills(only if player controlled)that will link to lodestar or vtol or w/e which will than link to swarm or k9.

Big problem with your math here: each kill you get with the AGR is worth 15 points, am I right?  And the whole time you're controlling it you are doing nothing else, and trusting that nobody will stumble upon your prone body and fire half a suppressed clip into it?  How many gun kills could you get in that time, netting anywhere from 50 to 200 points apiece depending on game type & circumstance?

This also assumes that you can avoid dying long enough to net those 1000 points needed to call it in.  Between lag issues, HK drones, Lightning Strikes, and the plain & simple fact that sometimes you'll just be outshot (or outplayed), it's not a given that you'll earn one for each and every life.  On the other hand, you probably could earn a UAV nearly every time you spawned, and between that and your other scoring you could get to a Hellfire or Lightning Strike pretty easily as well.  If you figure an average of about 4 kills for the two of those (some games will be much more, some less), you're already at 60 points toward earning the next UAV...and sometimes your first one will still be in the air racking up 10 bonus points per enemy death.

While I'm sure it's cool to earn the high scorestreaks (I'll have to take your word for it because I probably couldn't even if I tried ), the fact that each kill they net you is worth so much less than a gun kill really adds up, as does any game time you miss while controlling it.  Unless you're going for You Tube footage, give the low scorestreaks a try for a few games and see if you end up with similar (or higher) scores than you're currently getting by running the high ones.  Yeah, the high end might be a little lower than a "perfect" game running AGR/Lodestar/Swarm, but the low end will be a lot higher, and your overall average will climb.

phxs72

I've been experimenting with the higher killstreaks but I can't say that I've done that much with them.  I think that the highest that I've called in is the VSAT.  I think that the bigger reason you aren't seeing that many higher killstreaks being used is that the lower ones are pretty effective and it takes a good while to get enough of the right killstreaks unlocked to do a proper daisy chain for getting the higher killstreaks reliably.  The Lodstar unlocks before the AGR but there's a pretty big gap between the Lighting Strike and the Lodstar.  So if gaining XP quickly is your goal then it's better to have the Lighting Strike as your last scorestreak than your middle one (ie you want to prestige faster).  I'm sure as the game matures you will see more of the higher scorestreaks being used.

The maps are too small to get a high streak going. If you camp your ass off,it is possible,other than that,your bound to run into enemies at all turns,especially if it's a obj game mode.

stevonub420 wrote:

The maps are too small to get a high streak going. If you camp your ass off,it is possible,other than that,your bound to run into enemies at all turns,especially if it's a obj game mode.

There is a simpe rule I follow and that is AVOID YOUR TEAMATES. where your teamates are so will a group of enemys be also if a teamates fires a gun your position is given away.And thats why you flank/mobile camp(not true camping) ect.The only time I camp is when I see someone ether sniping in nuketown hijacked shotgunning or making a poor attempt to knife/troll in general.I Consider that despicalable tactics so I respond in kind.

But a SMALL tip avoid your teamates unless your friends/party with them.I notice they just get you in trouble more than they help.

ghamorra

I can't pull the trigger without getting gangbanged by 3 other people. These maps are so small that once you show up on a UAV you're getting ambushed from multiple directions

If you want high killstreaks run with a party

ghamorra wrote:

I can't pull the trigger without getting gangbanged by 3 other people. These maps are so small that once you show up on a UAV you're getting ambushed from multiple directions

If you want high killstreaks run with a party

Ohh my god you read my mind every time I see two people I always say outloud thanks for the gangbang lol.Never thought anyone else used that word in cod lmao.Thats why you pretty much gotta carry a FHAJ rocket launcher and avoid the action as no matter how good you are its next to impossible to take on 3-4 players unless they are lined up in a pretty little line

phxs72

I had a team of randoms lining up in a pretty little line just the other night.  The bad news is that they were on my team.  Facepalm.  Needless to say we lost.  I personally was taking out 2 or 3 guys at a time (they were too busy ADSing my teamates) but that next guy just kept getting me.  I started to get on the mic to tell them to spread out but then I thought to myself that if they don't know any better than to run through one choke point all at the same time over and over again, that I'm not going to be able to teach them enough about CoD to make a difference before the match is over.

zvers

Ouch. I was  verbally attacked by a player yesterday after playing Standoff. I was next to the house cutting off the other teams attack. They just kept running through the SAME damn location. Not throwing tactical's or lethal's or using a launcher or anything! I couldn't stop laughing at this guy because it was so stupid. I don't understand how people get mad at you because they don't adapt to over come a challenge. No brains whatsoever.

Speaking from someone that goes high scorestreaks as well, i go low scorestreak when playing against a good team or objective type game. UAVs, counters, and lightning strike will always be more useful than k9 or AGRs.

I think most people just seem to think that the cost vs benefit of the higher kill streaks is lower then the easier ones.

First: most players can't earn the high killstreaks on a consistent basis.

Second: it's been shown pretty conclusively that cycling through lower streaks on a continual basis will get you more kills (and XP) than going for VSAT/dogs/swarm, for example.  While a highly skilled player might be able to get two swarms per game (domination or hardpoint, anyway) on a fairly regular basis, that same player could probably cycle through a UAV/Hellfire/Lightning setup 9 or 10 times per game.

barneykiller

I stopped using high streaks for one reason. PEOPLE LEAVE! I swear every time I call in dogs the whole team backs out. Such a wasted effort getting them. The highest I run is Lodestar and people still leave. Bunch of losers.

ChestSplittah

Because this game is built for the nO_oB to enjoy.

My first killstreak is usually VSAT, and I probably get it every 3-4 games. People don't run high killstreaks because they're harder to get. People would rather spam low killstreaks than get one or two sets of big ones

I like the big ones because they are so fun.How fun is it to play the game over and over killing and dying with no real sense of achievement.at least the lodestar or agr gives u something to work for and the reward is great

Jaggajatt187

I think it depends on what game mode you're playing. In TDM it's pretty hard to get the high kill streaks, so for that mode I usually run hellstorm, lightning strike and Vsat/lodestar.

But in objective modes especially KC It's a lot easier to get the higher streaks. Once you get a lightning strike it's basically 1 more kill and confirm to the Vsat and then another Kill/Confirm to the Lodestar. I got another great set of streaks that make getting the swarm easy but don't know if I want to share LOL.

Most players don't attempt the higher streaks because it looks to difficult, especially when you see that its 1900 pts. Also if you're constantly experiencing Lag death's it's really hard to just get the Lightning strike, and if lags really bad you can go 4-5 games in a row without even earning a single streak.

The maps don't help either, I always end up running into 3 or 4 enemies one after the other in quick succession or in big groups. Or I call in a lightning strike and the spawns flip on me and the team spawns right next to me.

Quenten-C

This is one of the most stupidest threads I have ever read. Never post again please.

TRU11

high score streaks dont go hand in hand with a mode like HQ.

well that is if your going for the capture or destroy.

UAV hellstorm and lightning strike are best suited for maps with HQ in open areas and UAV,Guardian and sentry gun are best for those narrow maps and HQ in rooms.

an orbital vsat might be helpfull to your team as well but any other Scorestreak will hardly benefit your team.

An AGR might be nice but TBH its very easy to destroy nowadays.

Factor in the shitty lag, people shooting you through walls, people shooting behind you and it still registers, instant 1-2 kill deaths from litarly every weapons now and then, people eating rocketlaunchers and grenades without flank jacket, constant enemy UAV, bullets coming straight from the movie wanted and probaly some more ****.

Those who can get the higher Scorestreak should be real happy cause i have alot of trouble getting the lightning strike and that is from someone who had his fair share of nukes,EMP,Chopper Gunner,black bird and so on lol

TRU11 wrote:

high score streaks dont go hand in hand with a mode like HQ.

well that is if your going for the capture or destroy.

UAV hellstorm and lightning strike are best suited for maps with HQ in open areas and UAV,Guardian and sentry gun are best for those narrow maps and HQ in rooms.

an orbital vsat might be helpfull to your team as well but any other Scorestreak will hardly benefit your team.

An AGR might be nice but TBH its very easy to destroy nowadays.

Factor in the shitty lag, people shooting you through walls, people shooting behind you and it still registers, instant 1-2 kill deaths from litarly every weapons now and then, people eating rocketlaunchers and grenades without flank jacket, constant enemy UAV, bullets coming straight from the movie wanted and probaly some more ****.

Those who can get the higher Scorestreak should be real happy cause i have alot of trouble getting the lightning strike and that is from someone who had his fair share of nukes,EMP,Chopper Gunner,black bird and so on lol

Alot of getting the high killstreaks depends on what weapon you use I use the fal but when I prestiege(Its not perm unlocked YET) sometimes I can barely get uav or carepackage.

Kingfury

UAV, Hellstorm, Lightining Strike all day every day.

the_eon

Difficult to get any streak going with the lag and other issues affecting some of us. I run Ghost and it doesn't work even when I'm running sometimes. I see people following me through walls knowing I'm coming when I havent fired a shot and I'm running Ghost.

the_eon wrote:

Difficult to get any streak going with the lag and other issues affecting some of us. I run Ghost and it doesn't work even when I'm running sometimes. I see people following me through walls knowing I'm coming when I havent fired a shot and I'm running Ghost.

I has some issues with this. then I read somewhere that as soon as you ADS, youre ghost turns off

you just have to realize what you are doing wrong that makes your ghost turn off imo

stonculd

Better to have killstreaks that you can use often than rarely.

maybe because less than 2% are able to get the high scorestreaks?????

Its like rocket science. I know.

jeffcarlb

I may be the minority but my experience is that earning high scorestreaks is actually easier in this game than any other. Especially in games like Dom, Dem and KC. If you play the objective and are carefull scorestreaks addup quick, My go to setup, assault chopper and escort w/ vtol dogs or swarm depends on the level vtol suck if everyone is indoors. Once you get your assult its like two kills while protecting an objectiveto get your escort. Once you have an assult or escort it does major work 25,25,25,25,25. it buffers the amount of guys getting to the objective enough so that you can hold them off until your high streak gets there. you may not get the high stuff every game but an assault chopper and escort are pretty easy if you just sloooow down

My main tactic is never run, I know it sounds silly but I win more gun battles that way. most people die coming around blind spots hoping to out gun their oponent it rarely ever works  you might get one guy but the to others get you every time.

the second tactic is approach the objective slowly, wait for your team, You dont have to sacrifice yourself to try to stop an objective from being taken. Not to mention if you die trying you have to run all the way from the spawn. Id say 90% of the players do that every game.

lastly and my most guarded secret use smoke its a free freakin wall.  And dont throw it on the objective were you cant see throw it in front of the objective that way the enemy has to come through it to get you. It seems like common sense but I swear peole throw it at their feet. I can usually get a kill just blindly shoting into smoke when it is on the flag

the game doesnt benefit killwhores like yourself, the game wants yyou to help your teamout by using low streaks and cycling through them, the uav hunter killer and lighting strike are right next to one another making it easier to get, while the swarm and higher streaks are like 15 plus straight kills which is way to high for the average cod player, and it seems the higher streaks just get shot down instantly atleast when i have them up