32 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 9:01 AM by SitRepPro RSS

UAV spamm Still not Solved.

Well the Title pretty much sums it up. I still hear, "Hostile UAV inbound" every 30 seconds. I mean did they really think boosting it 75 more points was going to fix anything? I love how "C-UAV" is 600, yet its more shittyer then a UAV. If I had to say the Best Scorestreak is, by far it's the UAV due to being able to spot the whole team for 30 seconds. So I guess, I'm going to put it back on  the shelf until they raise it to 600, if they do....God Treyarch is just so fuckig dumb, they make the best Scorestreak the Easiest one to get.

• Re: UAV spamm Still not Solved.
    Meldwyn

There are plenty of counter measures, I am guessing you would only be happy if it was harder to get than dogs, or removed all together.

banned-again

so what would solve it then ?

dweez1988

It does'nt matter if they upped UAV. The reason why UAV is used so much is because for every playstyle exept for run and gun ghost is useless. If ghost was used way more the UAV would be used a lot less. Don't want to get spotted on UAV? use ghost and keep moving.

JSlayer211

Well the underlying issue is that the UAV is hella strong because of the half assed Ghost. Won't really matter if they make it 1000 points, people will still have it in their streaks because of how strong it is now. The points it takes to get one isn't the issue, the counter for it is the issue. There really ISN'T a counter to it unless you want to run around all the time. It may sound grand to those that like this style of play but forcing another person to play like you isn't a good way to attract masses of people with varied opinions on what is fun and playstyles that give them enjoyment. Some like the cat and mouse style of gameplay involved with being able to stay off the radar and hold a choke point. I can't imagine how snipers are affected by this stupidity of Ghost perk.

Meldwyn

Shock Charge, Bouncing Betty's...  use a wildcard so you have two of each.  Works like a charm to set up any possible intruders to a sniper's little camp site.  Actually those will work for most play styles except run and gun (maybe). 

If someone is running around looking only for red dots on their mini map, just set traps for them.  Simple solutions and plenty of counter measures.

Yeah, but if it was 600+, you wouldn't hear it every 30seconds. You'd hear it about every 2-3 mins.

Oh you mean campers?  Yeah, it sucks that the Ghost perk doesn't cater to you anymore.  Me personally, when I run any HC game type I run ONLY a UAV and I use hardline.  Every 400 points or so I get a UAV.  Its quite nice

*** CONGRATULATIONS ***

You win the most ridiculous thread on the forum.

Stinger + Scavenger = Solved

There ya go.

Here, COD_WIDOW, let me fix that:

*** CONGRATULATIONS ***

You win the most ridiculous thread on the forum (today).

Yeah, I don't feel like shooting down UAVs the whole match, This game isn't "Call of UAV" okay. Dunno about you but, I like using TAC-45, and a AR. Okay, I like to play the objectives, not sit there for 10 mins shooting down UAVs.

xXOneMunkXx

Well Crimson, if you play with other people, you could always see if they would be willing to take our air support.  When I play with my clan (or even when I'm running solo) I always have either the FHJ (or whatever it's called now), the Smaw, or Black Hat.  Heck I get most of my scorestreak just from taking out air support (granted I use low streaks because I'm not by any means a great player). 

CrimsonxPack wrote:

Yeah, I don't feel like shooting down UAVs the whole match, This game isn't "Call of UAV" okay. Dunno about you but, I like using TAC-45, and a AR. Okay, I like to play the objectives, not sit there for 10 mins shooting down UAVs.

So what you are saying is there are different UAVs up for an entire match?

Strange because I thought it takes approx 5 seconds to switch to a Stinger and shoot one down.

Kudos for using BO2s version of the FMGs though you Pro.

SitRepPro

Yes but then people will spam Hunter Killer Drones instead and make you rage that way.

May be the scores need tweaking I dont know.

However, I don't think unlocking scoresreaks by level has helped.  I could have done with a Guardian when I played on Demolition on Nuketwoen to try and plant B.  I'm pretty confident I'd have won the game in normal time after destroying A but a party invite meant I didn't finish the match.

I like how people ***** about UAVs in this game but it was okay to spam the **** out of Preds in MW3, which then helped players get their next rewards.

JSlayer211

That sounds great if you want to get shot in the back and your scorestreak ended, ALOT! Depending on the team you are playing against you could literally spend the whole match with your face in the clouds.

Exactly, Finnaly someone agrees with me!

JSlayer211 wrote:

That sounds great if you want to get shot in the back and your scorestreak ended, ALOT! Depending on the team you are playing against you could literally spend the whole match with your face in the clouds.

Even in a Ground War I keep the skies clear by myself and I don't often get shot in the back doing it.

And if you think it takes as long to earn a UAV then it does to shoot one down then you are wrong.

Petro116th

I  honestly don't see  the problem. Maybe on a few  maps it might  make a difference,   but with most map size, you don't need an enemy UAV above  to be killed.

Jollyjugs77

UAV is fine where it is at, so many counters to it that it is no problem, also CUAV is not useless, lol actaully it answer your problem run CUAV rather than UAV or run both and you will be happy, you are the person who runs with no counter to UAV and ******* that people are waiting for you cause u are to lazy to counter it,

personally i love UAV spams lol i get 75pts per UAV i destroy and i run launcher and 2 black hats, on all classes, treyarch should stop failing and stop listrening to you cry babies about eveyrthing.

as one person stated in another post, if you nerf one gun than another gun will become OP than resulting in that gun getting nerf, resulting in the next gun getting OP resulting in it getting nerf, and it is a cycle, people are dumb and think their LMG, AR, SMG, etc should be the best for every map and every game style, which is not true, if it was they would only make 1 or 2 guns and say have fun, but options means that they all can be used based on style of person, map type, and/or game mood.

so please shut up and stop complaining about balance and gear, weapons, KS, etc and start talking about more important things that make the game more fun, such as lag problems that people are having, probation that people are getting for being disconnected based on the lag problems, host migrations that occur 3 times a game, spawn trapping, HC respawn timers being put back on, more HC game types, etc things that are actully important not someone rant about how he is to lazy to use a counter to a ST, your a run and gun thats fine my friend, but dont complain when your on UAV the whole game.