29 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 8:26 AM by r33k RSS

A Rusher's Worst Nightmare

My play style is very much run and gun into the enemy spawn, but I have an issue on this game I've not had in any other Call of Dutys. I always run ghost as it allows me to navigate my way around the UAV spam in this game, however the issue I have at the moment is my green teammates spawning on top of me.

It seems whenever I am 10 seconds away from reaching the enemy spawn, or one kill of my dogs a switch is flicked that makes my non-ghost equipped, unsilenced team mates spawn on top of me. This happens very frequently and when the enemy is camping with UAVs it makes it very difficult for me to play with my run and gun style of play.

I feel like my teammates are my enemies whenever I hop in a match and it's starting to get on my nerves. I usually play either solo or with one or two friends as this is how I have the most fun.

Does this happen to anybody else, assuming Treyarch did this deliberately and it won't be fixed does how do you deal with this issue?

Natty.

• Re: A Rusher's Worst Nightmare

This happens to me ALL the time, especially when I am host (which is quite frequent given the fact that I pay for a great internet connection).

That5What5Up

And here I thought you were talking about me

Petro116th

Serves  you right for camping an  enemy spawn.

Definitely a difference between camping a spawn and rushing a spawn...they are talking about rushing a spawn.

Petro116th wrote:

Serves  you right for camping an  enemy spawn.

Oh please, let's break down what you said:

'Serves you right', why can't I play the way I want to? I like to rush in games so what is wrong with that? If I camped in a corner or headglitched would I deserve to die then too? Or should I allow myself to get killed multiple times so that my gamestyle is viewed as acceptable in somebody I will never meet's opinion.

'Camping', My play style is very much run and gun into the enemy spawn. Are you reading the same post that I wrote, or is your browser not working properly?

'Enemy spawn', Yes that is correct, I feel my gunskill and awareness is better than most players so I am comfortable taking on multiple people at a time, technically speaking I am at a disadvantage because there are multiple people spawning around me from multiple directions, the saying high risk, high reward comes to mind.

I'm glad there are other people with the same issue as me, it would be good for anybody who has this same issue to post here so we can see how many of suffering rushers there truly are!

I have been shot in the back many times after just spawning because the spawns suddenly flipped. Also lost care packages after throwing them and then spawns flipping. The maps are small, so it's easy to figure out that your entire team just took the other side of the map in a matter of seconds. It's funny when the enemy team is split on both sides and you spawn in the middle... either way you chose to run, you end up getting shot in the back.

WKMMS

Well, you have to look at the flip side too... your playstyle of rushing the enemy spawn can also cause problems for your team mates.  I've been in countless games of domination where we've got 2 flags and a couple of rushers go all gung ho into the enemy spawn, flip it, and have me getting shot in the back and ruining my killstreak... that's the drawback of playing with randoms unfortunately, everyone seems to only be interested in doing their own thing

WKMMS wrote:

Well, you have to look at the flip side too... your playstyle of rushing the enemy spawn can also cause problems for your team mates.  I've been in countless games of domination where we've got 2 flags and a couple of rushers go all gung ho into the enemy spawn, flip it, and have me getting shot in the back and ruining my killstreak... that's the drawback of playing with randoms unfortunately, everyone seems to only be interested in doing their own thing

I can understand where you are coming from, but you must also consider that if it weren't for SMG rush players everybody would be camping in buildings with snipers all game (and rightly so), the issue here is what Treyarch does with the spawns when players enter them. In Black Ops 1 it felt like you had to apply a lot of pressure to mess up spawns but in Black Ops 2 the spawns feel even worse than the notorious MW3 spawns; instead of having predictable revenge spawns we now have spawns where entire teams flip spawns into random places simply because of one person, and the odd revenge spawn to top it off.

I feel Treyarch should make the spawn system much more like it was on Black Ops 1. It did of-course have its issues but overall it was very balanced, gave teams that set up properly the upper hand but flipped occasionally too (and most importantly was rush friendly).

WKMMS

I've nothing against rushing - I'll do it myself often enough, especially if my team are a bunch of lazy layabouts all intent on pitching a tent at the home flag, so don't think I was passing judgement on how you want to play.  I was more trying to point out how playing solo in a team based game is inherently problematic.  Most games, very few have mics, and even fewer communicate effectively.  We're all doing what we want to do and because we're not talking to each other, it's not uncommon that we'll get in each other's way at some point; it's the curse of the lone wolf.... the spawns are horrible though, it really has to be said

YEP same situation here!

nuttin2say

I've had this problem in every COD.

You know, if I'm having a bad match, I'm having a bad match. All I can do is slow down and try to regroup my approach. I pay close attention to who on my team is doing best. If they are nearby, I drop back a good 10 to 20 paces and cover their six while also giving them plenty of room to manuever. I wish other players would extend that courtesy. However, most players do not do that, be they on my team or the other team.

So I gave up on fighting it years ago. If an idiot on my team is determined to be the first one into the fight, let him go. The opponent will waste ammo - usually a lot of ammo - on a player that did not require a lot of ammo. When my teammate dies, then I step in and score the kill.

Basically, as soon as teammates start popping up around me, I step back. Literally. Turn tale and go the other direction - even if that means running right back into the thick of a fight you just just evaded.

I'm like you, OP, I don't want to be anywhere near my teammates. Most of them are idiots that can't pay attention long enough to tell you if it is day or night outside. And that is the best solution I have found over the years. Let them run out there and get taken out if that's how they are playing. Unless you find yourself backed into a corner, there's always a way out. Always. A window, drop next to a wall, something. If you are backed into a corner you can't avoid ... it's just one death, don't sweat it.

That's pretty much how I feel about this, when I'm playing with friends we'll laugh when the randoms on our team save us because it's such a rare event, maybe I should just get a full party together. If you want to play just send me a PM sometime.

TheSurgeon83

Sounds very familiar. When playing solo I spend most of my time trying to escape from my 'team' while constantly watching my back because I know they'll flip the spawns within the first 30 seconds. If I kill someone, I turn round and run the other way because one of 2 things will happen;

A) They spawn in my path ahead and headglitch waiting for me.

B) They spawn behind me and run after me.

Doing a 180 seems to be the best way to cover these off.

I try and hold back and pick people rushing our spawn (I mean hold back, not camp) but even that doesn't seem to prevent flipping, it just results in multiple hostiles up my six.

As a player that bases his play around tac inserting, this frustrates like you wouldn't believe. Sometimes well get spawned trap so I'll slip by them and run to their flag to tac insert and kill them from behind so that my teammates can break through. As soon as I'm about to reach thier spawn my team starts spawning on me and capturing their flag so they turn around and start spawning trapping us at our new flag. I'm a believer in static spawns with spawn protection and multiple spawn points like the Rainbow Six Series.

nuttin2say

I don't know, msp13. I like the spawn system of the COD franchise. It is predictable, true. But just as the opposing team can predict your spawns, you can predict their spawns.

Find someone willing to linger back in your spawn. If no one else will do it, then you do it. You'll be surprised how many kills you pick by doing so.

Scorr

When you clear out a spawn, you always run the risk of flipping them at any time.

ThatIdiot

You are the one in my games that I hate..

I like to take it a bit more slow, some person runs around and flips the spawn. 6 enemies spawn behind me and have party on my ass and I respawn next to you.

So don't blame the players that respawn, because they got backraped thanks to you flipping the spawns!

spawn killing is a dirty f**king tactic and i am glad they spawn on you hahahahahahahahahahaha

r33k

dont tell me you are one of those dudes that pushes TOO FAR into the enemy spawn. that usually ruins it for your teamates. PERHAPS THIS IS WHY THEY SPAWN ON TOP OF YOU. cause you flipped the spawn, genius.

people do this in DOM a lot. 

D3adlyg0d

This happens a lot but not the same way you are describing.  I have had people without silencers shooting next time while I'm in a window or running through.  This completely jacks your game up because that dot on the map even thou is not you has now brough attention to that area which you are now on.  This probable get me killed about 75% of the time.  I also hate when people come to the area I'm watching.  If I'm watching it doesn't ned another person checking on the same window I'm looking out.  I also hate getting stuck with teammates on door and hallways.  This really get on my nerves.  Then the person thinks that they can run through.  I have started letting people go OI really haven't found any other solutions for this.  I figure the person running towards me is somewhat retarded and that they have they right of way because they know no better.

MrJDubbs11

While I hear what you are saying OP, I am not sure I agree.

In HC modes this is very frustrating, I am shooting a person, when a teammate spawns next to me and runs in front of me I get a team kill, or the person spawns right in front of me with the same result. 

A good rusher knows the limits of the map and spawn system.  They push just far enough then they hold up to maintain the spawns so you are not screwing your teammates over.  This is why I can't stand TDM.  Players do this all the time, rush across the map and back the whole game and make you fight enemies on both sides because of the spawn system. 

Learn to rush in the right fashion and you are good to go.  You will do better when you know where the enemy is spawning and so will your team which will lead you to more wins. 

Restore_Hardcore

Just play hc ffa...oh wait

Glynzx6r

I'm of the opinion, that if he spent £40 on a game, he's entitled to play it how he wants to. Doesn't mean I like how he plays. It's a fair enough tactic for TDM or KC, but it really grips my sh!t if they do this in objective based games. Look KD might be the be all and end all for spawn rushers, and if they just play TDM, their loss. These COD games are more than running in a circle, and when you use tactics, thought, as well as good old  skill with the controller, it is such a better game, add working as a team with mates/clan, let these rushers just rush, if you don't like it, finish the game and find another lobby.