10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 10:16 AM by IcantPostOnMyAccount RSS

Absolutely SICK and TIRED of smg's

Do i even need to explain?

I'm just making another one of these posts to hopefully, pressure the dev's to do something about it.

• Re: Absolutely SICK and TIRED of smg's
    trialstardragon

They did change them recently. They are not going to make another change right away. So you hae to just deal with it or nor play the game.

The recent update nerfed them a bit, maybe not enough in some peoples eyes, too much in others. but doubt there will be any more changes to them or not until the next major update. Which will be at least 1 month out.

slyaudio

Its the map design, not the guns that are the problem. SMGs are CQC guns, ARs are not. 90% of map design is CQC so your **** out of luck until map packs or next gen game (which following the current trend with **** up the maps even furthe).

SitRepPro

COD, in recent games, has always favoured SMGs and ARs.  The good thing with MW3 is at least they buffed the LMGs and the maps supported suppressive fire more.  Traditional sniping was a bit hindered in MW3 compared to COD4 and MW2 maps.  Can't really think of any maps in BO2 that support the more traditional sniper role.

Adjust your gameplay so that you avoid close quarters situations. There are long lines of sight in every map. Adapt. Survive. SMG's aren't the problem, your playstyle is

I just don't understand all the peeps complaining about smg's.  Stop walking up within melee range of them and it wont be a problem.  Same thing with the long barrel shotgunners.  Maybe use a secondary that is great at close range.  Change your playstyle or something.... I laugh when I see those guys, easy pickings.  I personally use a FAL with select fire, it can beat anything at any range in the right hands imo.  I snipe snipers and plug the smg'rs in the gut hipfiring just like they try to do to me.  Its a wonderful gun... 2 bullet kills above the waist and it can be made full auto.  Most the time people don't even know what happened.  I feel like just about any weapon (save the executioner) can be just as good with the proper attachments and perks to boot.

Have you noticed a change with the FAL and select fire? supposedly they added more recoil to it, I was just curious if you notice a difference or not

Shiggs713 wrote:

I just don't understand all the peeps complaining about smg's.  Stop walking up within melee range of them and it wont be a problem.  Same thing with the long barrel shotgunners.  Maybe use a secondary that is great at close range.  Change your playstyle or something.... I laugh when I see those guys, easy pickings.  I personally use a FAL with select fire, it can beat anything at any range in the right hands imo.  I snipe snipers and plug the smg'rs in the gut hipfiring just like they try to do to me.  Its a wonderful gun... 2 bullet kills above the waist and it can be made full auto.  Most the time people don't even know what happened.  I feel like just about any weapon (save the executioner) can be just as good with the proper attachments and perks to boot.

yea becuase 99% of the time you see people strafe kill a full team with a fal >.>

i don't care is gods hands are holding it lol SMG > FAL if fal guy isn't head glitching