We need an assault rifle buff!

Good ARs: FAL, Type 25, maybe M8A1

Ones that are OK to be mediocre: MTAR, SMR,

Ones that suck way more than they should:
Scar-H

AN-94

M27

Sig 556

I feel like the Scar, AN, and M27 are higher unlocks but they feel like the Enfield from BO1. They need to be buffed for sure, esp the higher end guns which perform worse than the Type 25.

And where is the AK47?

• Re: We need an assault rifle buff!
    Jaggajatt187

The AN-94 is the AK-47 and it's a pretty wicked gun. The M27 has no recoil that's why it has lower damage, but I still find it really good at medium-long range. The scar has the most recoil of any gun imo, but it was always a lower recoil AR in previous CoD's.

I think its more of a hit detection issue than something that needs a buff. Wait till they fix the lag, cause some AR's for me are useless at the moment. I can't kill anything with the M8A1, I hit guys with 3 bursts and all I get is hit markers while they turn on me and kill me in one shot.

Izjar11

m27 is a great weapon, the scar in the right hands is effective an-94 no issues, the smr (used once) is very strange.

stonculd

The Scar is great I love it just how it is don't get me wrong I wouldn't ***** about a buff.

740UKills

The an-94 works like a charm, actually. It feels even nicer with a silencer, though.

The type-25 was ok. It's slightly on the weak side, though.

EffinFrank

The Scar-H with silencer is great.

Since you can only use one weapon at a time, just don't use the ones that suck.

idk bout you but the scar is a  monster i have a 3 kd with that gun, the tark i do think needs a slight buff but everything else is ok the an 94 is the op one i mean i get hipfired by that gun all the time even tho i have first shot

flameweilder8

The SMR desperately needs a buff.

Why the hell would you give a semi-auto that rewards accuracy recoil like that!?

Especially when in full auto.

Semi auto won't let me get the rounds out as fast as the full auto, but the ROF is almost the same and there is a HUGE difference in recoil!

If needed, tone down the rate of fire for the full auto, but let the gun reward accuracy like it should.

I use M27 almost exclusively. It's a fantastic gun. The accuracy is insane and with the fore grip for reduced recoil ADS you can't fail but to get every hit on target.

Unless the lag is against you of course, then nothing can help you.

mattmathers

I think they made the AN-94 as the older brother of the AK-47, cause if you add up 47 x 2 = 94. Maybe they put the AN-94 in because the AK-47 is so popular in real life that they wanted to update it because it's set in 2025?

h1r0l3r

Using my next prestige unlock to get the AN94...beast of an AR. Of all the AR's I liked the M27 the best. With foregrip, stock and silencer, that thing is a laser beam. Pretty low on damage but I play HC mostly so it doens't matter to me all that much.

grimsley

My 2nd token was spent on the an-94,and i finally got it gold last night.looks better than any golden gun i've saw on blops 2,for hardcore an94 with suppressor and fmj.works pretty good for this old man with slow reflexes.

ghamorra

ARs don't need a buff, they just need maps they can be used on. Few maps offer advantages to ARs over SMGs

I think instead of buffing the ARs. They should just drop the damage on every other weapon class except Snipers and shotguns. That way, everything will be fair, you won't die in a millisecond of spawning. It'd be like COD4 or WAW (minus the Thompson and MP40) They were the best games as well.

ARs are ridiculous in comparison to the SMGs but think about the LMGs... they have very little benefits.. if anything all gun classes need original gun stats and then stats on top of them. That's how the weapons should be done, but they aren't because Treyarch are pretty stupid when it comes to balancing weapons... SMGs usually will always dominate. Short or long range... they will **** everyone over.

As much as I kind of agree with this post about buffing. I don't think any weapon needs buffing, I think all weapons need nerfing in damage, RoF, bullet penetration and add more recoil to high damage weapons. That is what happened in the other games.. now they don't ever bother -.-

LTSHiNySiDeZ

Why would they change the rate of fire?  That is kinda completely taking away from the guns and how they were produced.  I could see making the damage a bit different because they obviously vary from weapon to weapon.  Example MP7 vs AN-94....AN-94 would win this fight 9/10 times because purely bullet size and damage it would cause to the target.  ROF should never be changed just make AR's all a 2-3 hit kill and SMG's 3-4 hit kills.  Snipers 1 hit kill, Shotguns 1 hit kill, LMG's 2-3 hit kill.  Every gun should be 1 shot to the head for instant death. 

Harv72

LTSHiNySiDeZ wrote:

Every gun should be 1 shot to the head for instant death. 

If you think people are complaining a lot about Ghost, UAVs, SMGs, shotguns, pistols, maps, (insert various other complaints here), then pray they don't ever take this suggestion.  Every game would turn into a campfest because all it would take when you moved out of cover would be one stray bullet from across the map and you're dead.  You'd see spraying and praying from about 5 seconds into each match right up until the end.  Sniper rifles & shotguns would be pointless because anyone could outshoot you with an SMG + reflex (or hell, with a pistol + ACOG).

The damage rates are balanced right now so that each weapon has a particular range where it should be dominant (lag issues aside), and so that you don't just die to one lucky shot every time you spawn.  Of all the things to complain about in BO2, the damage profiles are definitely not one of them.

Harv72

xnoteworthy wrote:

Ones that suck way more than they should:
    Scar-H

Wow.  I'm guessing you haven't put in much time with the SCAR-H, because it's by far my favorite AR.  I used my first prestige unlock on it, it was my first gold gun, and until I started going for headshots to get gold on the PDW it was my deadliest weapon as well.  It's still second, only about 150 kills below the PDW, despite my not having used it since I finished the gold challenges & having used the PDW almost every game for the last week.  And it's not just a great weapon for me, either: in terms of guns which have killed me, the SCAR ranks third overall (behind the MP7 & MTAR, both of which are default unlocks at level 4).  Buffing that weapon would basically give us another BO1 Famas.

The AN-94 & M-27 are excellent rifles as is, too.  I haven't played with the 556 very much so I can't really comment on that one, but I suspect that you simply haven't found the right attachments or play style for these weapons.

bonfire5

M27 definitely needs more range.