15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2014 12:18 AM by xXMJIOLNIRXx RSS

"I'm not camping, I'm a sniper"

I'm tired of people using THAT as an excuse to camp. YES, it is effective to stay all the way in the back and pick people off, but I consider that campng. My buddy who always uses a sniper rifle can be a good example of a good sniper. He runs to different areas and only stays in those areas for a certain amount of time. Anyone who has decent aiming can camp in the back with a sniper rifle. Respect to the real snipers who know how to switch up to the perfect locations to always get a surprise kill. Snipers are suppose to be stealthy/hidden. That doesnt mean stay in the back and surround the area with shocks and bettys lol

This isn't a rant. I'm just curious if theres anyone else who notice the same thing. Not like this hasn't been going on in other CODs lol

And dont come in here talking about that quickscoping nonsence. Thats not a sniper. Thats just a trend for kids IMO. I'm straight run and gun.

• Re: "I'm not camping, I'm a sniper"
    acohuo011

You can go around and not run into the crosshairs of the sniper right? If he is camping then he is an easy target if you go around him. Just be smart and dont run into the same place if there is a sniper there. And quickscoping is a good choice to make with a sniper if you can do it right and time your shots and position yourself well. I'm sorry but this isn't real life so there is no real sniper. Its just different play styles. There are different play styles and no play style is the correct playstyle. If you get mad at a camper then stop running into his bullets. Easy.

It doesn't make it easy when they are covering grounds that EVERYONE is running through and killing him would only make me feel good. Most snipers just use tactical insertion and let the camping repeat. I love going 1v1 with a sniper. THATS easy, but when you're playing with a bunch of people, 1 camping sniper hidden in his spawn surrounded by his whole team can be pretty hard to kill. I mean hey, if it gets them kills, whatever. I just don't get how people do it. It's super boring and no skill is needed.

And just because there is no correct playstyle doesn't mean their arent "cheesy" playstyles. Camping playstyles. 

Izjar11

kaotickas wrote:

I'm tired of people using THAT as an excuse to camp. YES, it is effective to stay all the way in the back and pick people off, but I consider that campng. My buddy who always uses a sniper rifle can be a good example of a good sniper. He runs to different areas and only stays in those areas for a certain amount of time. Anyone who has decent aiming can camp in the back with a sniper rifle. Respect to the real snipers who know how to switch up to the perfect locations to always get a surprise kill. Snipers are suppose to be stealthy/hidden. That doesnt mean stay in the back and surround the area with shocks and bettys lol

This isn't a rant. I'm just curious if theres anyone else who notice the same thing. Not like this hasn't been going on in other CODs lol

And dont come in here talking about that quickscoping nonsence. Thats not a sniper. Thats just a trend for kids IMO. I'm straight run and g

Moving or not moving makes no difference in pegging someone to a name! Stay in one area, or move it makes no difference. The player makes the difference.

it's a legit tactic. They're helping the team by collecting their scorestreaks.

There is a way around it. Just flank'em.

There is an old saying: if you die by a sniper once, fair game. If you die by that same sniper twice, it's suspicious. If you die by that same sniper again, you are the noob.

Saying doesn't really add up, but you get the point.

It's like this in every camp or die title.

You have to understand that a large part of the cod community is immature.

Some people are afraid to run and gun, while others foolishly think waiting for their prey

Is the best way to become the top scorer.

There is a difference which you did mention though.

Camping is hiding in dark corners with betties/claymores/shock charges ect.

Finding cover to avoid gun fire is legit.

As for snipers, not everyone wants to play aggresively, and or cannot quickscope like some users can.

That said I still agree that staying in one position is uncalled for.

Even so, you should only be killed once by that "camper".

If you take the same path into their crosshairs, fall into their trap continuously you are to blame.

Take your time and play tactically.

Jaggajatt187

Sniping and staying in one place sort of go hand in hand. If the guy is too dumb to move to a different spot every few minutes then he's just an easy kill. I'd rather have snipers that stay in one spot than the "snipers" who run around with their dual wield secondaries all game long OR the so called sniper who sits in a corner and aims at the main entrance to a room. QS is still annoying but its part of the game and I don't run into them too often.

yes that's how you snipe in call of duty.     considering there are only 2 long sight lines,  if you're lucky on each map in this game and both of them in low traffic areas and obscure parts of the maps.

a sniper shouldn't show up on uav period.

treyarch is all messed up.   first they practically killed sniping in bo1 because of quickscopers and now they made quickscoping the only way to use a sniper rifle.

the aim assist is crazy and you shouldn't be getting quick scoped on your spawn from a sniper on top of the plane on turbine.

they should make ghost full imunity for objective modes and snipers.   they have zero chance against smg's and red dot chasers.

xXMJIOLNIRXx

In any of Treyarch's Call of Duty titles, has quickscoping been worse than Infinity Ward's? The Modern Warfare series' quickscoping was despicable, but Treyarch has shown more of a longing towards the "Traditional" sniping methods.

I want people to watch gameplay of a game called "Insurgency". Insurgency is as hardcore as it gets, you die very quickly, theres no minimap, no killstreaks, no killcam,  no crosshairs, wide-open maps but with plenty of shops and buildings for cover and TACTICAL MOVEMENT. No rushers in this game.

Just had a match on express, and ran into some really good "camping snipers".

In the A side catwalk covering the middle stairs and rear catwalk.

It may bother some, but I found it to be quite the "clusterfuq" and paid a surprise vist via train climbing.

Strategize..

nicka_denton

for me camping isn't defined by the gun they use - it is defined by where they are and what the gametype is. If your playing TDM/FFA/or KC then you are going to run into guys in corners...Its just gonna happen....

If your playing an objective mode like CTF/Headquaters or Hardpoint and there is a guy nowhere near an objective and not helping their team by sitting near the other teams spawn/sitting in a corner on a random part of the map (defending a flag etc is fine in my opinion) then I consider them campers and deem them to have no skill and must be just a waste of space in this world

Harv72

So you're basically talking about the people who camp with their snipers on the hill near C Dom & the platform near A Dom on Drone, right?  Or upstairs in the two buildings near the spawns on Meltdown?

Truth be told, it only annoys me when they're on my team & the rest of us (or just me) keep getting our butts handed to us trying to cap B (yes, I'm mainly talking about Domination games).  On Meltdown in particular I love it when enemy snipers camp those two second-floor windows, because that always results in free kills for me whenever I can flank around to them & I've long since learned not to even bother trying to run the center of the map.

Personally I think it must be an awfully boring way to play the game, but they paid their $60 same as the rest of us (or their parents did) so whatever floats their boat.  Tactical movement with a sniper rifle generally works better in most game types, but only if the sniper in question knows how to move without getting killed & where to move to.  Even if they're on my team, I'd rather have them camped in the back picking off one person per minute than feeding the other team's scorestreaks.

SnipinDB

In all honesty the drs-50 is cheap to snipe let alone try to qs with and get ""lucky" It has a ridiculous ohk ratio / multipliers.

If you snipe with the ballista fair play.