14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 6:51 AM by rlbl RSS

Has anyone been able to resolve their clan tag issues?

rlbl

I still cannot use my Clan Tag, even though my case is now showing "resolved".  I managed to get it to work once, but the next time I played the game it was wiped out. Only 1 person in my clan is able to use it (the rest of us get denied for "prohibited text")

Has anyone had the issue AND was able to resolved it?

* My clan tag is MF0X. I cannot use MFOX, MF0X or MFUX <- this one I get... but for some reason I can use mofo!

• Re: Has anyone been able to resolve their clan tag issues?
    Izjar11

Nope, I've posted this topic on the elite forum and nothing. My clans CTRA clan is illegal!

rlbl

anyone had any success?

TASPL

Ours does not work, but 2 of us have gotten it to work. Ours is TATN, nothing offensive what so ever. The way the 2 of us got it working was just sitting there and typing it in over and over for about 20-40 minutes and it eventually worked. However the rest of the clan cant seem to get it, even after 10-20 mins of attempts.

St_-_ANG3R

Our elite tag is A/\D and black ops 2 won't allow it, activision sent me an email a few days ago saying that i will never be able to use my gold elite tag on black ops 2 because they don't allow symbols, but I have yet to actually hear from treyarch on whether they are gonna fix the problem that so many legit clans are facing.  So I don't know if i need to try to change our tag or not.  I will be p*ssed if I finally change it and then they fix the issue, because once a tag is used in elite it becomes locked and can never be used again, which means once i change the A/\D to something else i will never be able to go back because that tag will no longer be available to anyone.  that was something else they told me in the email.  That's pretty sh*tty you when you take into account that they tried to do so much to have this game interact with ELITE, you think they would have taken clan tags into consideration.  And the most aggrivating of all.... they wont make any comments on anyones posts about the issue, they just leave you sitting in the dark with your issues not knowing what the hell you should do.  All I want is a reply good or bad from treyarch themselves.. either they are gonna fix it or they arent.  I mean seriously, if I can get killed in the game by some 12 year old with a raging boner as his emblem and his PSN is Iboneurmom.. then why cant my clan tag be A/\D for AlphA DAWGz?  makes no since.

Agent_ACiD

They blocked special characters in BO1. I'm guessing someone found some glitch that allowed them to do something naughty. Lots of BS in the game as far as I'm concerned.

It literally took me filing a complaint to the California Attorney Generals office to get them to unban my "modified" console. Unsurprisingly when I called Sony and asked who would be able to tell if I had a mod on my console they said they would immediately perma-ban the console and mine had no detected modifications. Treyarch had decided otherwise until the CAG complaint got filed, and magically a few days later all my problems besides clan tag having a special character issue went away.

Still don't see the reason for a special character ban besides them being over anal about stupid crap that no one honestly gives a rats behind about but them.

10oz_Ribeye

does it show what clan level we are through a title or anthing on this game like MW3 did. im level 2 on clan ops but its nowhere to be found to use it for my title or anything, so why level up if i cant advertise my levels through gameplay?

h1r0l3r

What a FAIL 3arc/Activision.

Can I use non-offensive names for clan tags? ABSOLUTELY NOT, some people might view them as offensive even though they are not. We'll err on the side of caution on this one.

Can I have a wide variety of penises/vaginas/anuses/swatikas as emblems to use on my gun, provided I prestige my weapon enable this feature? HELL YEAH!!!

rlbl

true, that is totally ridiculous...

I know they cannot stop someone from making them, but anyone reported should be insta-banned on review (temporarily?) from making them (or have it removed).

I have seen people sporting offensive emblems for weeks after they were reported, but I cannot make a custom class called DOMINATOR, or use a clan tag we have sporting for years (and is in no way offensive).

rlbl

I have been in contact with support and they are telling me that the issue is that 3arc has put some strict level of filtering which is not allow some PSN ID+ Clan tag combinations.

I am not buying it at all.. why?

1 - many people have been using the same PSN IDs in all COD games (including past 3arc games)

2 - some people in clans are able to use the clan tags, while some are not

3 - (the kicker) some people who have changed nothing are capable of using the clan tags after they have put in a formal support claim (I fall into this category, as does my clan leader)

Every time I ask a simple question, they give me the same canned answer and close my case. I politely respond with a valid counter argument and reopen the case. This cat and mouse game has been going on for weeks...

if you are having issues using your clan tag, I suggest that you open a support claim (click support above) and state your case.

ProSnipes12302

Happened me my clan aswel but never has been fixed