14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 8:13 AM by obzi RSS

Servers that shocking in UK is it really worth it?

I was lucky enough to purchase the care package edition of this game after it was hyped up that bad that I could only imagine it to be amazing. But quite the opposite, i feel robbed this has to be the worst game to put the franchise Call of Duty next to. I have fibre optic broadband connection and apparently it is still not fast enough. Don't get me wrong I have given it a fair crack of the whip for a month now and it still is dogpoo. Taking 18 bullets to kill each person is not my idea of a good game. I'm not a hater of the other players I have become a hater of this **** game and it's **** servers being so American biast even the best connection in UK is never good enough even with the search preferences put to best I still with a 3 green bar connection even tho my connections running at upto 38MB. As for my Zombie rank being reset for no reason then a week later a lame excuse about corruption coming through is the last nail in the coffin for this game i'm afraid. To go from MW3 which was pretty awesome to this which is a lot slower to react in every way in multiplayer just shows that the people at treyarch cannot produce a CoD without Infinity Ward.

On the upside the Campaign is pretty good

• Re: Servers that shocking in UK is it really worth it?

Im in the UK and this game is a massive Lagfest! I am getting fed up of joining games where I am on 1 or 2 or even 3 bar and just jumping all over the chuffing place!

Oh and another thing, its a nice touvh that I have not been able to get online for the lst few hours. Good job Treyarch.

Playing from south east UK is so bad due to constantly being put into lobbies of foreign players which are apparently of a similar skill level. The amount of laggy 3 bar players in god mode is a joke.

Even when I do get UK players if they're from the north of England or Scotland they always have a massive advantage over me, let alone Welsh or Irish players who aren't that far away in reality but may as well be in Australia. Irish players are up there with the Spanish and Italians for lag, closely followed by the Dutch, German, French, Portugese and Belgians. Pretty much all European players are nigh on impossible to kill due to the lag comp.

Where are all the UK players?!!

If Activision/Treyarch care enough to spend money in the UK marketing their product then is it that much to ask for them to actually take some time to ensure the game runs well for UK players too?

SitRepPro

iCOMPACT wrote:

Playing from south east UK is so bad due to constantly being put into lobbies of foreign players which are apparently of a similar skill level. The amount of laggy 3 bar players in god mode is a joke.

Even when I do get UK players if they're from the north of England or Scotland they always have a massive advantage over me, let alone Welsh or Irish players who aren't that far away in reality but may as well be in Australia. Irish players are up there with the Spanish and Italians for lag, closely followed by the Dutch, German, French, Portugese and Belgians. Pretty much all European players are nigh on impossible to kill due to the lag comp.

Where are all the UK players?!!

If Activision/Treyarch care enough to spend money in the UK marketing their product then is it that much to ask for them to actually take some time to ensure the game runs well for UK players too?

Well, I'm somewhat "happy" I'm not the only one that seems to being matched with foreign players.  I wouldn't mind if they are countries with very few people living there, but they're not.  Sooner or later I'll be in a lobby with the French, Dutch and Germans and I'll wonder how long it will be when people take out their frustrations by shouting stuff on the mic.

Spanish and Italian players do lag like ****.  It's weird because French players in MW3 were bad but here it's Spanish and Italian players.  In a game that has very quick TTK for their guns, there really ought to be country locks in place, exceptions can be made with small countries and they jjoin their nearest neighbour's lobbies.  I've been paired with someone based in Japan in this game.  Waiting for someone in Iraq or whever to show now.

I get the same, it always seem's to put me in lobbies of overseas players that are anywhere from their bar being in the red to two or three bars only...the lag in the game is terrible consequently and the game hardly worth playing, how Treyarch cannot acknowledge there's a problem with this game is beyond belief...there was a time when CoD would have a beta before being released but now it seem's it's just all about profit's at the expense of quality...

if uk market didnt buy the game for the lag reason they would be forced to sort it out. but we both know that won't happen.

And now to hear they are messing everyones Stats up now just goes to prove what a royal **** up they have made with this game!

Infinity Ward FTW

Thats lag comp for you, you need to think the other way round, your connection is too good for the game.

Vikanug

Same problem here.
    38 Download
    5 upload
    16 ping

And I still end up lagging when I play agienst French, American or German players

Don't get me wrong because I enjoy playing with all gamers... but it is just the lag >.<

A local only would be good.

I live in the US and it has terrible lag.I definitely agree this is the worst CoD, and those were my thoughts last year I just didnt think it was possible to get worse. You would think all those billions in profits Activision/Blizzard would be able to use those resources wisely and create a amazing product combined with a top quaility service.