12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2012 5:10 PM by Raketti RSS

What did your update do to benefit the players?

tensor32

I still see lag compensation like a b!tch.

I still get killed from across the map with one bullet from someone who just sees me and instantly gets his sights directly on me and fires one bullet and they're not using a sniper rifle. Whenever I try that sh!t I have to correct the sight, then fire and when i do my bullets go all around the guy. So that is complete and utter bull sh!t that shouldnt happen.

I still get killed by people who i see are running, so i start to shoot them but miraculously they stop and kill me first. Bull sh!t.

I'm still spawning in front of enemies too. Bull sh!t.

How do people somehow know exactly when I'm approaching them and kill me even though i have all the perks setup so they can't know i'm coming and there isn't any stupid scorestreak active on there team either? So what the hell is going on with this sh!t?

If I could beat the sh!t out of you people at Treyarch and not get charged for assault I would because you guys made a piece of sh!t game and now I can't even get the the full amount of money back that I paid for it.

• Re: What did your update do to benefit the players?
    ChestSplittah

From what I can tell, it doesnt really help any group other than what this game is setup for. The League crowd.

They "fixed everything" that didn't make the game completely unplayable, the issues we are having apparently not everyone is having them, so we are not important.  I wish there was more we could do to get this lag fixed, but really every other post on this forum is ******** about lag, and it's still unmentioned.  Pre 1.04 they mentioned adjusting matchmaking ( I thought well at least they are addressing lag ) then patch came out and it was the one thing they left out, awesome !!

bagsta69

Actually they have made changes that have helped some players. They have made more people lag than before to try and even it up a bit. Oh and made host lag even worse to.

The game post patch is nearly unplayable. Hijacked, die spawn infront of enemy die rinse and repeat several times before spawning at the enemy spawn infront of 4 of em:) cheers treyarch just like blops,

Maybe ill trade my fibre connection for a piece of string and two plastic cups and try to see if I can get a decent game then!!!!

Goresh14

I am nolonger getting a freeze so I'm happy. As for lag, I can live with it.

Jaggajatt187

For everyone being on the bad side of Lag there are just as many, if not more, on the good side. Seeing as how most people have an averageto poor connection or setup I'd say there are more people on the good side of lag at the moment...so we aren't the priority right now. They didn't even acknowledge lag a week ago, they wanted video evidence like we were making it up, but at least they're recognizing it's a real issue. As far as a fix I'm pretty sure it will come in January/February 2013, which sucks cause that's gonna be 3 months post release.

Some of the nerf's/buffs I guess were necessary but I never got to experience any OP guns cause they were all pellet guns for me, except for the FAL w/ select fire. Lag just destroyed this game so far, I've had decent connections in <20% of games played. The rest of the time I have to long range head glitch people because if I move I lose because of the lag, and that play style is so boring. Even head glitching I get Insta-killed as if I didn't realize someone was shooting me from distance.

Jackal235

Lag compansation has been increased again to benefit higher ping players.

It's not a surprise, it seems to be a trend in COD games for sometime already.

You can easy notice it now at the end of every game, when 2 & 3 bar players are the top winers.

This is a busniess decission to please average Joes with their 100 ms dsl as the most valuable customers.

So, if you have a good fast cable or fibre isp, be prepared to be host for those kind of players and ass kicked  as this is COD way.

Raketti

tensor32 wrote:

I still see lag compensation like a b!tch.

I still get killed from across the map with one bullet from someone who just sees me and instantly gets his sights directly on me and fires one bullet and they're not using a sniper rifle. Whenever I try that sh!t I have to correct the sight, then fire and when i do my bullets go all around the guy. So that is complete and utter bull sh!t that shouldnt happen.

I still get killed by people who i see are running, so i start to shoot them but miraculously they stop and kill me first. Bull sh!t.

I'm still spawning in front of enemies too. Bull sh!t.

How do people somehow know exactly when I'm approaching them and kill me even though i have all the perks setup so they can't know i'm coming and there isn't any stupid scorestreak active on there team either? So what the hell is going on with this sh!t?

If I could beat the sh!t out of you people at Treyarch and not get charged for assault I would because you guys made a piece of sh!t game and now I can't even get the the full amount of money back that I paid for it.

The patch didn't do a damn thing to issues that were and still are game breaking. We still have freezes, poor matchmaking and severe lag issues.

I got 1 good game tonight in terms of connection, and so far that's the only one whole week. 99,9% of lobbies is a lag fest where i have to adapt (camp and / or play extra causios and always aim to flank people) and stay away from running and gunning and all kinds of short range gun fights because they are impossible to win.

Luckily i already grinded diamond camo for SMG's and shotties so i can leave those be since they are unusable thanks to the lag, and i already took a huge enough load of unnecessary deaths while getting the guns there because i decided to do so.

tensor32 wrote:

"I don't like your product so I'll beat you up."  Clearly they will now fear you and tack a printout of your post on the bulletin board, so that everyone can understand the gravity of the situation.  Because as we all know, throwing a temper tantrum and threatening violence is the best way to get your complaints addressed.

hyper72

I know its only a game but all the things that happened in black ops 1 are repeating themselfs ffs...ln black ops 1 it was utter crap at the start with loads of problems... But hell blops2 is even worse how how have they learn't nothing....... I now set my ps3 mtu to 1300 limit my upload on router to 9% and play wireless  just to give me a **** connection so i dont host and helps a little with the lag compensation crap..... But it lags like hell but im hard to kill haha

Raketti

I've tried this in BO, MW3 and BO2, it did not help in any of those games other than the fact that it might be slightly less laggy if you don't get host. Certainly it did no put me in "god mode" or even level the playing field in any way. I think 1308 was the lowest MTU i got the game still searcing matches for me.

I tried this today for BO2 after being lagged behind 1s the rest of the players in every match i got, it actually made the experience even worse and for some reason i found myself 3 barring. Then put everyting back to the optimal settings, reboot my gear, went back to getting instakilled and until finally got a lucky break and found a lobby with a good connection which lasted 1 whole match.... Naturally after the game almost half of the lobby left and the replaments made it a horrible experience once again.