25 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 11:06 AM by gambit1969 RSS

What just happened?

sennalike

Just started a session.  First match, domination, sat in lobby, looked at lobby leaderboard, nothing unusual in there.

Votes for Hijack, match starts.  We cap the first flag and as we move towards the door immediatey in front of the flag an enemy starts shooting us from behind.  How the hell did that happen?  Is there a hack or glitch I've not heard of?

• Re: What just happened?
    RichterRavage

Teleport hack? Already? Bad experience with that crap -.- (MW2 dixit)

sennalike

Just looking at it in theatre and trying to save a clip - taking forever to download though!  To be honest I rarely use theatre, only when something odd like this happens.  Not too sure what I'm doing! (any help appreciated).  I have recorded a clip, But when I try to upload edited film it says "cannot perform upload operation when a game film download is in progress."  Currently downloaded 26%.  I'm guessing I have to wait for this to finish before I can upload?  No idea how to get it on YouTube and then on here though!

Watching from this players perspective it is really odd.  While the start countdown is going on, his marker in the HUD is in the sea, when the match starts he appears at the back of our spawn.  He seems to realise pretty quickly and starts firing at us (well me actually).  I cant tell if he did sething or if it is a glitch but there is a delay between match starting and him spawning - enough for us to take the five steps to the flag and cap it.

RichterRavage

One thing at time:

1 actually the theater is disabled, seeing that the server is in defcon 3, the theater features are disabled for now, so that's the problem with the clip you're trying to make;

2 that thing happened during the countdown or exactly when the match started? It can be a teleport hack or maybe a glitch, depending how that player acted.

Harv72

It sounds like a glitch; he joined the match late & for whatever reason it spawned him behind you instead of with his team.  No idea what would cause that other than someone put a decimal in the wrong place.

sennalike

I think/hope you are right, I was obviously a bit taken aback when it happened, and the fact the guy doesn't hesitate to shoot makes me suspicious.  But having watched a bit more of his gameplay in the match he doesn't do anything else that sticks out as odd.

Anyway, not holding my breath on getting the clip on here.  Followed all the instructions, linked my YouTube account etc.  Theater says the video is now available to watch in Elite TV and it isn't and nothing is appearing on my YouTube account!  Perhaps it all just takes time to filter through.

sennalike

Finally the system works!

It's only a short video, but the appearance of the red dot, together with the red hit markers on me the second he appears confrms what I said.  Fingers crossed it was just a glitch spawning.

Don't know if that is hack, a glitch, or just another shining example of the piece of garbage that this game is.

It really makes no sense why an enemy would spawn behind you so early in a match and while you're still on that half of the map.

Again, my vote is for broken game.

Bops 2 has the most messed up spawning i have ever seen your entire team can be guarding your flag and it will spawn enemies with 10 ft of you and behind you, instead of in there own spawn at there flag, this goes for all game modes i have tried team death match demolition capture you name it the spawning sucks i figured they would have addressed this issue before releasing the game, but as we all know they dont care about gameplay only there advertising and sales, to bad they didnt put as much effort into making the game as they did for the games commercials and sales pitches, this is not BLACK OPS 2 They should of called this game modern warfare 4!!!!!! it is nothing like black ops 1 but is almsot identical to modern warfare 2, it is jsut a repackaged version of mw2 with re textured maps that layouts are almsot identical to mw2, great job treyarch bending everyone over and screwing them selling them mw2 labeled as black ops 2

rlbl

Yep, my vote as well

kenli2730

Is it possible that he went straight for the engine room, came out of the engine room behind you guys and started blasting away? OR I just noticed the kill count in the bottom left. Someone on your team got a kill very quickly. A couple seconds after the kills shows in the kill count, you get shot in the back. Perhaps the guy on the other team that already got killed, simply re-spawned behind you. We all know the re-spawn system in this game is very weird.

josh1073

Go on third person before the game starts when its still counting down pause it go to were they spawn look to see if one of there team just disappears when he spawns. If he dose 90% hes a hacker if he just spawns with you its a glitch.

sennalike

I did that, he was "in the sea" way off the map to the south east pre-match, then it cuts to him appearing where the red dot is.  I have looked his profile up and it's less than average, which makes me think it was a glitch rather than some form of hack.  However, I am still a bit suspicious that he starts firing straight away, like he knew he was going to be there.  I'm sure if this happened to any normal player not expecting it you would be surprised rather than hitting the aim and firing button straight off the bat.  It's either a glitch or a hack that he is no good at using to his advantage.

ragemode_E

And this was on ps3? Oh boy.

ghamorra

I've spawned with the enemy before in both MW3 and Black Ops. I was confused and tried to cap the flag with the team so that's probably what happened

sennalike

I'm pretty sure it is a glitch, he didn't do anything else to raise suspicion, other than be completely hopeless!  Either way I think it is something Treyarch should have a look at, along with a ton of other things.

Agent_ACiD

It is a MAJOR flaw with their spawn system. The spawns as so erratic is is frustrating, and revenge spawns are a HUGE issue with this game too. Can't count the amount of times I've gotten a kill and turned around to get shot in the face by the guy I just killed. No tac used by said person either. It is pretty F'n jacked up.

sennalike

mmm...happened again last night.  Same map, exactly the same thing, right down to where the red dot appeared and when.  Obviously completely different player this time though.